PDA

View Full Version : DPS definition

2Gunns
04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I keep reading about it, but what is it? How would I even know if I had it? Could someone please give a clear definition of what exactly this DPS issue really is.

I have something going on, but don't know what. This dang orange handle bar keeps flasing every 50 miles or so...but goes away. Now today it felt like I'm running over a bunch of marbles when I turn left (happened twice today).

Thanks

InspectorGadget
04-30-2010, 09:08 PM
I keep reading about it, but what is it? How would I even know if I had it? Could someone please give a clear definition of what exactly this DPS issue really is.

I have something going on, but don't know what. This dang orange handle bar keeps flasing every 50 miles or so...but goes away. Now today it felt like I'm running over a bunch of marbles when I turn left (happened twice today).

Thanks
John,
Dynamic Power Steering--is supposed to assist in turning the Spyder at lower speeds. Due to the fact that there are 2 front wheel and the spyders unusual geometry the engineers must have thought that the machine needed this additional steering boost.
Last week I got a fault from the DPS and tomorrow when I go in for the 600 mi sevice I will ask the tech to check for fault codes in the computer.
I will let you know what he finds.
C-YA RL