PDA

View Full Version : Easy rider to Atlanta

Dochands
04-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Made it to Atlanta in three days but easily could have done it in two. I guess I should not have had a doubt. My Spyder is an easy ride. Took my breaks when my fuel got to three bars and that worked out great.

All in all a great trip so far with great weather. Might get a little wet on the way back but thats a test for everything as well.

My MotoFizz pack bag has been great. It is very secure on the passenger seat with four attachments to its ties and two more big ones through the bag and passenger handles. I have literally everything I need from a suit and dress shoes to a snorkel. I wanted to see without using my trailer if I could pack it with no compromise. My camera case is in the front trunk and fits fine with a bit of room to spare.

Best thing I brought was a rag and my windshield/helmet cleaner. Bug cleaning every morning before I hit the road.

The funniest thing is seeing the looks on the valet parking guys at each hotel. They all pray I am not going to ask them to park it for me which is ironic since this is one bike almost anyone could ride with just a bit of instruction.

SpyderWolf
04-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Glad to hear you are having a good trip.

I am surprised that the valet guys would not want to take it for a spin. Although you may want to be careful, since once on it they may not want to bring it back either. :D

I hope the rest of your trip goes well, and you continue to ryde safe.

COOLMACHINE
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Glad you are enjoying yourself. I personally like giving myself some extra time to get somewhere. (Except to work. Always wait until the last minute.:)

412Spyder
04-30-2010, 11:51 PM
The funniest thing is seeing the looks on the valet parking guys at each hotel. They all pray I am not going to ask them to park it for me which is ironic since this is one bike almost anyone could ride with just a bit of instruction.

I havent dont valet since i saw this... and also heard some story my buddy who used to do valet told me....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJ0K87czS0

Have a great trip and safe ride! Be careful with that valet and tip em good before they take your bike lol