PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the update done....

Capt John
04-30-2010, 09:07 AM
.....after along time. My spyder has never performed like most new spyders do. This was not something I readily noticed (the spyder being my 1st "MC")
But after being on this forum and ryding with Gulf Coast SpyderRyders. I came to the conclusion my spyders performance, even though not terrible was lacking in some areas. Lower gas mileage, surging, sputtering, backfiring, fuel smell and not as quick out of the gate as others.

So I installed the JB, green air filter and performed canisterectomy this eleminated most of the problems, but the performance was just not up to what I was seeing on other spyders.

So I turned the JB off undid the canisterectomy and let them do the update.

Here is my initial assessment on my 90 mile ride after the update.

The performance is the best it has ever been.
The gas mileage seems to have improved...will need more miles to check this.
I'm getting more backfiring than before the update..only on decel after winding it up through the gears (not all the time) I do have the Hindle and the JB is turned off. I"m going to ride it for awhile like this before adjusting the JB.
No more gas smell as of right now.

Overall I'm very pleased. I hope my :spyder2: continues to perform like this!

FANG
04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Sweet !! :2thumbs:

groundeffect
04-30-2010, 09:14 AM
:thumbup:

SpyderWolf
04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear it is running much better for you.

You are now going to want to turn the JB back on, as you are running lean and that is what is causing most of your backfiring on deceleration, unless your exhaust gaskets are shot as well. I have the same problem running mine with the Hindle and K&N filter and am awaiting my Juice Box Pro to arrive in order to rectify the lean condition.

Have fun ryding it, as it probably feels like an entirely new Spyder to you now. :2thumbs:

BajaRon
04-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Sounds like you are on the right track. I would not wait too long to get the JB going again. Everytime it backfires you're running the chance that you're exhast gaskets will blow out (ask Deb) and you just make more work for yourself.

The JB, properly adjusted, should take care of the backfiring for you.

dltang
04-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Sounds like you are on the right track. I would not wait too long to get the JB going again. Everytime it backfires you're running the chance that you're exhast gaskets will blow out (ask Deb) and you just make more work for yourself.

The JB, properly adjusted, should take care of the backfiring for you.

Ron, I am getting a complex here. I am starting to see (...Deb) in more and more of your posts lately...:roflblack:

BajaRon
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Ron, I am getting a complex here. I am starting to see (...Deb) in more and more of your posts lately...:roflblack:

Well, you have been hiding one impressive girl there. I can see why you need to keep an eye on her. Give her an inch and she'll take a mile! (Well, at least a 1/4 mile :D).

retired1
04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Randy;
Glad to hear that you got it better. I really didn't notice anything lacking in Your bike when we were on the "Dragon" last Sept. I guess I'll just have to work harder to try and stay with you this year.:D