PDA

View Full Version : Greater Las Vegas May ryde

aka1004
04-30-2010, 12:07 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Las+Vegas,+NV&daddr=36.161162,-114.805756+to:Valley+of+Fire+State+Park,+NV&hl=en&geocode=FdYQJwIdMJoi-SnRffWkgre-gDGjebPV5tXMOg%3B%3BFcDVKwIdsKcs-SkLzfA4N2vJgDEdiQIjjM0AHw&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1&sll=36.308486,-114.846954&sspn=0.537833,1.194763&ie=UTF8&ll=36.237628,-114.798889&spn=0.538321,1.194763&z=10

it's about time vegas spyders got together and i thought we could do this before it gets too hot out there. we will take I15 down home. i would rather do it on weekdays but weekend is good also. i was thinking early to mid may, like 12th or that weekend. i will make some flyers and distribute at dealers. i think ridenow up on rancho is very motivated to participate in any kinda spyder activities.

i hope all spyders can make it.:thumbup:

3Ryder
04-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Very interested in joining but a bit jammed with travel, etc. in May. But keep us posted, and if at all possible, I'll be there.

moabgirl
05-01-2010, 09:58 PM
We would love to join a ryde! We're available in May (with a little notice) except for the weekend of May 8. Keep us posted. Thanks!

aka1004
05-02-2010, 08:41 AM
let's set this for may 15th the saturday and it will be a GO no matter how many spyders show up. i go on rydes longer than this by myself for no reason so... :D:thumbup:
we will meet at the "welcome to las vegas" sign on the strip at 10 and take off at 10:30
i would like to get dealers involved but problem with using dealership as meeting point is when it's at another dealer, the other dealer will not promote the ryde and even take my sign/flyer down...

we will ryde up to valley of fire and than lunch at place called sugar's home plate(just sounds country and like southern cooking) in overton, about 10 miles up and take I15 down.

C3517C
05-02-2010, 12:13 PM
If I'm in town, I'm in.

moabgirl
05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a plan! We would love to join!

aka1004
05-09-2010, 07:35 PM
:cus: we got a problem
after i arrived in las vegas from my trip, i was on the way home and same transmission linkage that had fell off before, fell off again but this time, even after i reconnected it, i can not mechanically get it out of gear.
i am taking the spyder in tomorrow and just pray it get's done by friday...

SpyderRyder
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM
let's set this for may 15th the saturday and it will be a GO no matter how many spyders show up. i go on rydes longer than this by myself for no reason so... :D:thumbup:
we will meet at the "welcome to las vegas" sign on the strip at 10 and take off at 10:30
i would like to get dealers involved but problem with using dealership as meeting point is when it's at another dealer, the other dealer will not promote the ryde and even take my sign/flyer down...

we will ryde up to valley of fire and than lunch at place called sugar's home plate(just sounds country and like southern cooking) in overton, about 10 miles up and take I15 down.

I'd very much like to join you, but it will depend on if I get my taillights back from ESI before the weekend. :dontknow:

aka1004
05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
problem with transmission was not as bad as i thought and i got the spyder back. i am having dps problem but i am good to go.

i don't know how many spyder will show up but we will have to go over few safety issues.

1.we will always ryde in single file. only time we may be somewhat side to side is on stop sign so 2 spyders can go thru the stop sign together.
2.when the lead spyder gives signal to change lane or turn, all the spyder should immediately turn on their blinker.
3.if we are in a traffic, whichever spyder makes the first lane change following the lead spyder should slow down and make room for other spyders to jump in between his/her spyder and lead spyder.
4.if you need to stop or get off the freeway for any reason, pull ahead, get lead spyder's attention and lead off the freeway or side of highway.
5.never do anything you are not comfortable doing. if you fall behind, don't make the light, we will wait for everyone to catch up.
6.we will discuss what speed you are comfortable with at cruising speed and making a high speed pass on 2 lane highway. if we are traveling close to speed limit, we are going to follow the slow driver but if he/she is driving at 45mph on a 65 road we shall go around them.

c ya on saturday.:thumbup:

aka1004
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
i did a dry run today and it looks real good. not too tight turns just the big sweeping turns and good desert scenery. i had to pay 3 bucks to get into lake mead rec area thou and when i got to valley of fire, there was another 10 dollar fee to get in so i did not go thru but went ahead to overton and took the I15 back.

there is a restaurant at echo bay at lake mead so by the time we get there if you are hungry enough we have an option to eat there also especially if you guys wanna go thru valley of fire. than we don't have to go to overton to eat.

moabgirl
05-13-2010, 11:59 AM
We are looking forward to it; glad to hear all is well with your Spyder. Thanks for putting this together.

aka1004
05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
it's almost time.:ohyea:
it's going to nice and warm tomorrow but there was quite a bit of temperature difference in the mountain so dress light but bring a jacket. i got rained on while doing the dry run and there was no rain in the forecast. it must been a mountain thing.

it should be about 3 hour trip including lunch at around noon.
please do come with full tank of gas and i was thinking may be we could parade thru the strip before we go to freak out some tourists.:D if we get a decent turn out.

1badspyder
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Spyder Ryders,

Just recently became a new member to the site and saw the Vegas ryde tomorrow. My wife and I will be there to enjoy the Spyder experience. Thanks for putting this together.

aka1004
05-15-2010, 08:46 PM
thank you, everyone for coming out and hope it was a good first ryde.
i think not taking the 167 up worked out better as i had a thought it may have been a bit long for our first ryde. i just don't like taking 75 mph freeway for spyder ryde.:(

i have to appologize to moabgirl and remmos and others. i am so sorry you got left behind and group fell apart also once it started to deteriorate.:opps:

we should always ryde back home same way we got there. together.:thumbup:

mount charleston was proposed for june ryde and i am pondering whether to save that for hotter days in july and go to willow beach in june? what ya guys think?

we were missing at least 2 spyders(chris and spyderryder) so i am guessing group will only get bigger.:2thumbs:
c ya next month.:D

SpyderRyder
05-15-2010, 09:28 PM
thank you, everyone for coming out and hope it was a good first ryde.
i think not taking the 167 up worked out better as i had a thought it may have been a bit long for our first ryde. i just don't like taking 75 mph freeway for spyder ryde.:(

i have to appologize to moabgirl and remmos and others. i am so sorry you got left behind and group fell apart also once it started to deteriorate.:opps:

we should always ryde back home same way we got there. together.:thumbup:

mount charleston was proposed for june ryde and i am pondering whether to save that for hotter days in july and go to willow beach in june? what ya guys think?

we were missing at least 2 spyders(chris and spyderryder) so i am guessing group will only get bigger.:2thumbs:
c ya next month.:D

Thanks for setting the ryde up! It was nice seeing you again and it was great getting to know all the others. :congrats:
I think you're right about maybe saving the Charleston trip for July when I'm sure we will need a break from the heat. :agree:
As far as Willow Beach is concerned, as long as I'm still breathing, I'll be there. :thumbup:

Thanks again, Ken.:bowdown:

moabgirl
05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
We had a blast! Thank you so much for organizing this; it was a great idea. We agree we would love to have another ryde before it gets too hot. We met some really wonderful people, enjoyed the beautiful weather and had a spectacular day! BTW, my head's a little inflated from all of us thundering down the Las Vegas Strip....it just doesn't get any cooler than that.

Regards and may all our rydes be safe rydes!

1badspyder
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Concur with all comments. We too had a wonderful ryde and looking forward to the future get togethers. Also, going back the way we came (in a group), :agree:totally. I'm sure everyone made it back safely, especially our Pahrump group, but splitting up in Vegas would have been a lot better. Needless to say, it was our first ryde together with many more to come. Thanks again for the invite and keep it Spyder! :spyder:

3Ryder
05-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm in for the ride. Let us know what you are thinking about for dates.