PDA

View Full Version : Slightly used BRP gauges for sale

InspectorGadget
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
OK I received my new gauges today and installed them. They are not hooked up yet, but they sure look sexy next to the BRP gauges.
Teleflex Black Sterling series. What do you think?
C-YA RL

SpyderRyder
04-29-2010, 08:15 PM
OK I received my new gauges today and installed them. They are not hooked up yet, but they sure look sexy next to the BRP gauges.
Teleflex Black Sterling series. What do you think?
C-YA RL

They look PERFECT. Keep us updated as to the installation. :2thumbs:

docdoru
04-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Black on black is nice :thumbup:

bodymanpainter
04-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I like it, looks great!:2thumbs:

fencepost
04-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Very, Very nice :2thumbs:

dave01
04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Looks better than factory. Great choice with the guages.

fastfraser
04-30-2010, 06:07 AM
:2thumbs: Let us know how you hooked up the gauges :popcorn::popcorn:

InspectorGadget
04-30-2010, 06:28 AM
:2thumbs: Let us know how you hooked up the gauges :popcorn::popcorn:
After my 600mi checkup this weekend I will start pulling the panels off to install the new BlueSea fuse box, and I will wire it for the hookup.
I will post the installation.
Thanks C-YA RL

NorthStar
04-30-2010, 10:31 AM
The gauges look awesome. I had a hard time choosing between the black faced gauges that you mounted and the brushed aluminum gauges that I finally decided on. Both units look great.

I would be very appreciative if you would post the details of your oil pressure gauge install when you get to it. I have installed a Blue Sea fuse block in the front trunk and don't want to tear off too many panels, again, until I get an idea as to how to hook up the oil pressure gauge.

InspectorGadget
04-30-2010, 12:51 PM
I would be very appreciative if you would post the details of your oil pressure gauge install when you get to it. I have installed a Blue Sea fuse block in the front trunk and don't want to tear off too many panels, again, until I get an idea as to how to hook up the oil pressure gauge.
I would be glad to, but in the mean time perhaps you could direct me or show photos of how you installed your Blue Sea fuse block. Mine is due here any day now and I would like to get it installed with the least hassle.
Where and what size wires did you run and how and where did you connect them? I also have a 30A relay that I will install in conjunction with this fuse block.
Any guidance would be appriciated.
Thanks C-YA RL

NorthStar
04-30-2010, 01:40 PM
I originally mounted my fuse block and relay under the seat near the battery. It was very cramped and I could not put the plastic protective cover over the fuse block and still close the battery access cover that is under the seat. Back to the drawing board......

I finally decided on mounting the fuse block and relay on the right hand side of the front trunk, behind the trunk liner, because of the space required and ease of access to the fuses for future routing of wires to planned accessories. I am temporarily running 16 Gauge wires through an in line fuse close to the battery, directly to the fuse block in the front trunk to give me a short term power source for my hardwire GPS cable. Next week I will add an auto relay next to the fuse block and wire this to a switched power wire. (the orange one on the analog fuel gauge works for me) Currently I am running my Voltage Gauge off of the positive and ground wires that were attached to my Fuel Gauge. Once I mount my relay in the front trunk I will patch directly into the fuse block for switched power. Anything I need constant power to, like the bike alarm and battery tender, will be connected directly to the battery. I will also insert a rubber grommet in the hole that I drilled through the the rear of the trunk, just to weatherproof the system.

The two wires from the battery are running from the battery compartment to the front trunk underneath the panels on the left side of the bike and are zip tied to existing cabling. They are protected by plastic cable wrap.

Attached is a picture of the Blue Sea fuse block that sits behind the trunk liner in the front trunk and a schematic that illustrates the sort of relay diagram I am working to.

InspectorGadget
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I originally mounted my fuse block and relay under the seat near the battery. It was very cramped and I could not put the plastic protective cover over the fuse block and still close the battery access cover that is under the seat. Back to the drawing board......

Attached is a picture of the Blue Sea fuse block that sits behind the trunk liner in the front trunk and a schematic that illustrates the sort of relay diagram I am working to.
Thanks. This is just what I was looking for and is most helpful.
I will not for get you when I get ready to hook up the oil pressure gauge.
Thanks again C-YA RL

ThreeWheels
04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Be careful. I ran a similar setup with the Blue Sea fuse block, but I ran everything down the LEFT side of the bike. The power runs real close to the ignition coils.
I have a whine in my intercom system that you wouldn't believe.
This weekend I will rewire everything running down the RIGHT side of the bike. I"ll also move the Blue Sea fuse block to the right side.
I have some twisted sheilded pair to run power from the fuse block to my StarCom 1.
I'm hoping all that will eliminate the annoying whine, or at least make it tolerable. I also have some inline power filters to add to the intercom system.