PDA

View Full Version : Black Kuryaykn Grips

412Spyder
04-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Hey i was just wondering where i can get a set of the all black grips.... i saw someone on here that had them on their kewlmetal risers... but im unable to find them online. Im not a big chrome guy and im trying to keep a clean look on the bike but these stock grips are terrible for long rides..Any help would be appreciated.... thank you

Capt John
04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
They had them powder coated. Talk to Matt at KewlMetal. He can probably help you out. Check out this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16251&highlight=kuryakyn+powder+coat

412Spyder
04-29-2010, 12:55 AM
They had them powder coated. Talk to Matt at KewlMetal. He can probably help you out. Check out this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16251&highlight=kuryakyn+powder+coat

haha and here i thought i was being dumb and couldn't find the black ones... been looking for an hour all over the net. Thanks for that link Ill hit up mad matt and see if i cant get a pair of these grips... i am digging the black... Thanks again!:thumbup:

3whlLefty
04-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I had a pair on the Kury's on a previous bike and really liked them. On the Spyder I'd like all black too. They're pretty pricey to begin and then I wonder:
What would powder coating something that small cost?
Do you need to take them apart to powder coat the metal parts?

Might have to be a 'future' budget item. :dontknow:

412Spyder
04-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Going by the link Captjohn posted it looks like the foot pegs are $39 for disassemble, powdercoating, reassemble. so im thinking close to that price for the grips as well. yeah im with you on this one i might be holding off on this for a while and find a nice pair of rubber grips haha i want to buy some other parts that will help out in other areas first. Plus from what i have been hearing on here about kewlmetal lately im a bit hesitant to order, people are saying its taking weeks to receive stuff.