PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Spyder NorCal Meet - May 16th

SpyderGirl
04-27-2010, 06:25 PM
There will be a West Coast Spyder NorCal meet and ride to Monterey on Sunday, May 16th.

Details forthcoming.

The most up-to-date information can be found at www.westcoastspyder.com

SpyderGirl
05-07-2010, 09:33 AM
WCS of Nor-Cal is having their first group rYde down the Pacific Coast Line to Monterey. This will start out of Redwood City heading west on HWY 84 passing by Alice"s Restaurant, then south of La Honda we will take Pescadero Road to the coastal city of Pescadero.
From there we will head south on HWY 1 passing thru Santa Cruz and arriving at Monterey for lunch, I'm leaving the choice of eateries open, since there is many to choose from.
After lunch we can ride the coast road in Monterey, of course we are not able to to the famous 17 mile drive (fee charged) since motorcycles are banned. :-(
This is approximately a 110 mile rYde, and I'm estimating 3- 4 hours because of the coastal roads and slower speed limits.

Departure: Sequoia Station
Safeway Parking Area
1045 El Camino Real
Redwood City
Date: Sunday May 16th

Time: 10 AM

Full Tanks/PBU/PBO 10:30 AM

Route : HWY 84 to Pescadero, HWY 1 to Monterey

Destination: Monterey

sylblk
05-12-2010, 01:36 AM
i was hoping to take this opportunity for a spirited group to get together and practice, suggestions were made for a track day in the future. our machines are far safer, as fun as sport bykes and way underestimated when labled as strictly touring trikes. let's meet and plan. Tony Z.

SpyderGirl
05-12-2010, 10:30 AM
i was hoping to take this opportunity for a spirited group to get together and practice, suggestions were made for a track day in the future. our machines are far safer, as fun as sport bykes and way underestimated when labled as strictly touring trikes. let's meet and plan. Tony Z.

Tony, always living life in the fast lane... I'm up for a track day, although my Spyder really isn't set-up for track... but why not eh? :doorag:

leo76dragon
05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
this ride looks like fun, but I committed to the Speed Sports customer appreciation ride that day at that time... I'll keep an eye out for the next West Coast Spyder ride... have fun and ride safe!:thumbup:

SpyderGirl
05-13-2010, 09:17 AM
this ride looks like fun, but I committed to the Speed Sports customer appreciation ride that day at that time... I'll keep an eye out for the next West Coast Spyder ride... have fun and ride safe!:thumbup:

Leo, I am also not going (other reasons) but am interested in knowing details about the California Speedsports thing on Sunday. Can you send me the information or maybe post a thread?

Thanks.

leo76dragon
05-13-2010, 09:35 AM
This is the email from Kregg Williams...

Spyder Appreciation Day

"As a customer of California Speed-Sports we would like to show our appreciation for all your support and business over the past years so please be our guest on Sunday May 16th at 10am for our first annual Spyder owners/customers appreciation day.
Come share your Spyder customizations, stories and ryding experiences with other Spyder owners. Hear the latest news and technical updates from BRP, what accessories work and which don't. Enjoy a beautiful ride through one of the East Bay's most picturesque areas. It could be chilly in the morning and quite warm by afternoon so don't forget to bring the proper riding gear. Don't worry we'll have coffee and pastries to start off your morning ride.

Our group ride will have us traveling up Mines road stopping for lunch at the Junction (a burger hangout half way up mount Hamilton). Lunch is on us! We will also have some cool Can-Am items to raffeled off at lunch as well. After lunch we will then take Del Puerto Canyon Road to I5 then exiting on Corral Hollow Road and back into Livermore for a cold glass of something. Total trip is about 100 miles and will take about 3 hours. Please arrive with a full tank of gas as there will be no gas stop along the way.
In order to make sure the Junction has enough food for us all please R.S.V.P. by May 12th at 925-606-1998

Sincerely,

Kregg Williams"

:2thumbs:

see ya there if you go......

Dennis

SpyderGirl
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Sounds good, although I have bad memories of Mines Road, but The Junction is cool. If the hubby says "okay", then we may come.

Questions
05-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Have a great day and maybe you can make the WCS of Nor-Cal rYde to Jamestown on May 22nd. :2thumbs: