PDA

View Full Version : P0524 Fault Code

MarkLawson
04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Started the RT yesterday morning to let it warm up before heading to work & got a engine light and 'limp home mode' message. Drove the truck to work. :gaah:

The code is for a low oil pressure sensor reading. Started it again today to take it to my dealer & still had the light. When I pulled out of the drive I noticed light light was out. It stayed out and wouldn't come back on. I'm guessing higher RPM's = higher oil pressure. My dealer's Service Manager said he's had replace several oil pressure sensors on GS's so has ordered a new one for me.

NancysToy
04-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Started the RT yesterday morning to let it warm up before heading to work & got a engine light and 'limp home mode' message. Drove the truck to work. :gaah:

The code is for a low oil pressure sensor reading. Started it again today to take it to my dealer & still had the light. When I pulled out of the drive I noticed light light was out. It stayed out and wouldn't come back on. I'm guessing higher RPM's = higher oil pressure. My dealer's Service Manager said he's had replace several oil pressure sensors on GS's so has ordered a new one for me.
Hvae him verify the actual oil pressure. This could be more than a sensor issue.

Lamonster
04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
I had four bad sensors on my RT. They did have a bad run of them at one time.

ddileo
04-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Same thing happen to me. Checked the dip stick and it was slightly above the Add line when hot. Mentioned the code and oil level while the CC was being replaced at the dealer and when I got it back the oil level was over the Add line? Hasn't happen again since I got it back. Best case scenario add oil if needed, worse case, could be a sensor. Dealer should fix it. Hope this helps.

:2thumbs:

NancysToy
04-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Same thing happen to me. Checked the dip stick and it was slightly above the Add line when hot. Mentioned the code and oil level while the CC was being replaced at the dealer and when I got it back the oil level was over the Add line? Hasn't happen again since I got it back. Best case scenario add oil if needed, worse case, could be a sensor. Dealer should fix it. Hope this helps.

:2thumbs:
If the oil shows on the dipstick at all, adding oil will do nothing in a dry sump system...except maybe cause more blow-by, or oil return issues. It should not be run high! There was another problem, perhaps intermittent, and the technicians need to understand that. This is no time for them to be lazy. It could be a sensor, wiring, or it could be an actual oil pressure insufficiency. The only way to be certain is to performall the tests: an oil pressure test, oil pressure switch tests, and oil pressure wiring circuit tests, as specified in the shop manual. Have the tech give you the test results. If test pressures on a new engine are at minimums, I would push real hard for a new engine.