PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Roads Spyders

1VENOM
04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I would like for us to get together for a ride soon. We need to put our collective thinking caps on an come up a day and time for a fun run and meet and greet. I can be reached here, or email rpittman3@cox.net, or by cell 757-343-3986. I'm off on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 10 am on Tuesdays till noon on Wednesday. I'm sure we will enjoy the meet and greet if no ride is possible.

Questions
05-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I would like for us to get together for a ride soon. We need to put our collective thinking caps on an come up a day and time for a fun run and meet and greet. I can be reached here, or email rpittman3@cox.net, or by cell 757-343-3986. I'm off on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 10 am on Tuesdays till noon on Wednesday. I'm sure we will enjoy the meet and greet if no ride is possible.

I agree....lets RIDE!!

Questions
05-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I can't believe we're the only 757 riders who frequent the site!

1VENOM
05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
How about a run on Saturday the 8th, just to ride no place in mind. Got some ideas? If the weather holds, :pray: could run south check out the beaches in Carolina, maybe run west, hell run anywhere! Anyone? You can email me at rpittman3@cox.net, or call 757-343-3986 (cell).

patches
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I am about 1.5 hour from VA in NC. Might be up for a trip this weekend if you guys are? If you guys are really crazy..come on to Raleigh, there is a ride for a good cause this weekend, I am sure I can find some places for you to get into trouble after the ride, lots of fun roads in the area.

bandwagon
05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Patches, you might want to tack on about another 1.5 to 2 hours. Hampton is about 1.5 hrs from Richmond. I live in Stafford which is about the same distance as Raleigh. I was just up there but, had my ride to the Eastern Shore cut short. My son goes to ODU and called saying he needed a tow truck. So 40 miles short of the ojective wife and I made a u-turn and headed for norfolk. I'm back home but, have to go back to the area and Richmond as part of the "Grand Tour of Virginia". Check it out online, you guys may find it interesting. It's some great riding, as I put in over a thousand miles Friday - Sunday. Always interested in riding. All you guys are within good distance of DC. So think about Rolling Thunder it's the coolest and represents an important cause. ken:spyder2:

I am about 1.5 hour from VA in NC. Might be up for a trip this weekend if you guys are? If you guys are really crazy..come on to Raleigh, there is a ride for a good cause this weekend, I am sure I can find some places for you to get into trouble after the ride, lots of fun roads in the area.

bandwagon
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I was just up your way, saw another red spyder rider going the opposite direction heading for the tunnel. ken

I can't believe we're the only 757 riders who frequent the site!

Questions
05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Sounds good I am able to ride this weekend?

Questions
05-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I was just up your way, saw another red spyder rider going the opposite direction heading for the tunnel. ken

That was prolly me!!

Questions
05-03-2010, 11:55 PM
How about a run on Saturday the 8th, just to ride no place in mind. Got some ideas? If the weather holds, :pray: could run south check out the beaches in Carolina, maybe run west, hell run anywhere! Anyone? You can email me at rpittman3@cox.net, or call 757-343-3986 (cell).

I'ma check my work schedule and see, sounds like a plan to me!

1VENOM
05-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Patches, its about 3.5 hours down to Raleigh, NC from Virginia Beach. Don't know if anyone wants to run that far on this Saturday, I'll check.
I do know that I will be on vacation in July and will most likely contact you before I drive by, on my way to nowhere for a week. Just to get out of town.

TwinPeaks
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
OK you have my attention (emails included). Where are you planning on meeting? Do you know where you're heading yet? I'm in VA Beach. I'm interested in riding but you guys are probably way to fast for me:bowdown: The red spyder could have been me :roflblack:! I'll check back, I'm not on here very often.

TwinPeaks
05-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Rod,

I don't know if it makes a difference but did you post the ride on
SPYDERTALK also? I know there's more then 4 SPYDERs in our area.:dontknow:

TwinPeaks
05-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Is the ride on for Saturday? whose going?

TwinPeaks
05-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Guys, thank you for a fantastic time today. The ride was super and so were you two. Hope to do it again with even more Virginian SPYDERS. Especially, want to thank you for going my speed and keeping track of me. Hope I didn't slow you down to much. Just send me an email about the backrest, I'll send you my phone number so when your in town you can get it. Be safe out there, until we ride again. :yes:

Venom, I know you don't like toll roads but the CBBT and Eastern Shore is a great ride (as long as wind warnings aren't up). :clap:

1VENOM
05-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I had a great day.:clap: My first ride with other Spyders. :chat: It only took me two years to connect with other people of high quality and caricature. :bowdown:For Twinpeakes, and newspyderrider thank you for an enjoyable run to Kill Devil Hills. :gaah:Sorry the others missed out. The weather held up nicely, a little less wind maybe next time. Hope to see ya all soon.

Rod

bandwagon
05-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes, indeed looks like you guys and girl had a nice ride. What and where is Kill Devil Hills? :thumbup: :chat:

I had a great day.:clap: My first ride with other Spyders. :chat: It only took me two years to connect with other people of high quality and caricature. :bowdown:For Twinpeakes, and newspyderrider thank you for an enjoyable run to Kill Devil Hills. :gaah:Sorry the others missed out. The weather held up nicely, a little less wind maybe next time. Hope to see ya all soon.

Rod

1VENOM
05-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Kill Devil Hills is were man took first flight. Its where the Wright brothers launch their plane. Check out these pics, you will see the hill they used to test their gliders prior to launching their plane. There are stone markers showing were the plane landed, each time. I did not take a very good shot of them but you can see three of the four. You can also see the monument that is at the top of the hill. There is also an exhibition of life in the area when the Wright brothers were there. A lot of the exhibitions were sponsored by Bombardier, I assume it is the parent company of BRP.

1VENOM
09-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Bump