PDA

View Full Version : Spyder's in the Smokies

Wheeler~
04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey fellow Floridians....are we looking at doing this Spyder's in the Smokies thing for 2010? Agenda sounds like fun and also looks like a good turnout. Never rode the Dragon. One of the things on my to do list yet to be done! http://www.spydersinthesmokies.com/

docdoru
04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Florida Express "door to door" next stations:
1. Chicago
2. Lamonster BBQ and Smokies :doorag:

Wheeler~
04-26-2010, 12:57 PM
1. Chicago
2. Lamonster BBQ and Smokies :doorag:

The Lamonster BBQ is in San Diego????? I was dead after the Missouri Rendezvous. I may miss that one if in CA.

effgjamis
04-26-2010, 05:20 PM
as of this writing.
5 yes going
3 maybe's

humm

I do believe the Lamonster BBQ, if he has one this year, will be in TN. and not LA.

johnnyg
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
:2thumbs: Can anyone give us more information on the smokie ride. Like Location,time. Were from Ocala would like to ride up with other spyder riders if possible.:spyder2: forget the Location and time we just found the link, But we would like to know if anyone else is going and when they are leaving from Florida. We would love to ride up with other spyders being we are newbies (owners)

RShrimp
05-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I will likely be going from Sarasota. We could hook up. I like to back road it so will likely spend 2 days going up. The issue I have with doing this ride in one day is that the last 100 miles is the twisties and after 600 in the flat land the last 100 would not be fun/safe. I will try to get 500 in the first day and make for an easy/fun day 2.
On the way back one day is no problem.

docdoru
05-16-2010, 08:17 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/Gat.png?t=1274058635
664 miles, leaving Tuesday Sept.21 at 10PM. :doorag:

effgjamis
05-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Doc....10PM at wildwood or your place ??

What hotels are all the Fl going to?

Do we make this the Florida Express?
All who wish to join please lease a contact # via PM or email..

Wheeler~
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Doc....10PM at wildwood or your place ??

What hotels are all the Fl going to?

Do we make this the Florida Express?
All who wish to join please lease a contact # via PM or email..

Hey Forrest, if it works out with Doc, Dave, Mike and whom ever else signs on
with the Florida Express, Wildwwod would be a winner for me, but I'm flexible!!!!!.

effgjamis
05-16-2010, 08:39 PM
awinner for me as well.

Have you got reservations yet??

docdoru
05-16-2010, 08:44 PM
awinner for me as well.
Have you got reservations yet??
Working on http://redroofgatlinburg.com/ . Wildwood it is. :doorag:

docdoru
05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
:2thumbs: Can anyone give us more information on the smokie ride. Like Location,time. Were from Ocala would like to ride up with other spyder riders if possible.:spyder2: forget the Location and time we just found the link, But we would like to know if anyone else is going and when they are leaving from Florida. We would love to ride up with other spyders being we are newbies (owners)
welcome and :congrats: for your :spyder: :thumbup:

Wheeler~
05-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Working on http://redroofgatlinburg.com/ . Wildwood it is. :doorag:

Susan is going to take the week off and join us. She won't ride every day and every ride, in fact if she rides one of the three days of the event, I'll be amazed but she's wanting to come along if that's OK with all. If it is, I need to know if we'll stay through Saturday and start back after the Saturday dinner/awards banquet, or if we'll leave Sunday. She'll have to make plans before her summer vacation to accommodate next semesters schedule.

Woo Hoo, another Florida Express adventure in the works. :2thumbs:
Needless to say, :2excited:. Hey, about Susan's joining us and having me ask if it's OK, her coming along :shemademe_smilie:. Frankly, I'm glad she is even wanting to come :yes:.

docdoru
05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Susan is going to take the week off and join us. She won't ride every day and every ride, in fact if she rides one of the three days of the event, I'll be amazed but she's wanting to come along if that's OK with all.
She's welcome :thumbup:
About the return: we have to see the schedule for Lamonster BBQ. :popcorn:

effgjamis
05-16-2010, 11:42 PM

You are most welcome to ride with us... Doc, Wheeler, I* think Dave, Hopefully Mike, and myself. We welcome more people to the Florida Express.

BumbleBee
05-17-2010, 04:03 PM
G-Man & BumbleBee :thumbup:

Count us in, we will be there this year, Getting ready to Register and book our Hotel already :2thumbs:

We will be there from Sept. 19th-26th!

Be good to see you all again

:ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::o hyea::yes::ohyea::yes:

Wheeler~
05-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler~
Hey Doc, I'm not sure if this is even near where we want to be but looks good and if it is, I thought this might work out. Sending link so you can check it out for me/us. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...pv/htid=874139 (http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=874139)

Looks good, I was around that hotel.
Doru

This is an idea I sent to Doc a couple days ago and thought since Doc thought it looked good I'd post it for those interested in joining to take a look at also. 1st review is negative, but the rest sound very positive. Think Doc's checking on group prices here and Red Roof Inn. Did you see we have 16 for the Florida Express so far? We will be represented well again! :2thumbs:

johnnyg
05-19-2010, 06:16 PM
You are most welcome to ride with us... Doc, Wheeler, I* think Dave, Hopefully Mike, and myself. We welcome more people to the Florida Express.
We run interstate as far as macon Ga. Then we hit the back roads to Gattlinburg. Were out to enjoy the ride up. We have been up there more times than we can count. buts its always been on two Wheels pulling a trailer. Our first for the spyder-trailer. What time were you planning on coming through the Ocala area. We would like to ride up at least part way if your going interstate. We plan on spending the first night out around the Ga & Tn line. We can touch bases when it gets closer. Do you know who that Dootalk is that were suppose to send the checks to. Thanks sorry to run on & on. John and Carol PS My better half runs the show :joke:

effgjamis
05-20-2010, 08:27 PM
We run interstate as far as macon Ga. Then we hit the back roads to Gattlinburg. Were out to enjoy the ride up. We have been up there more times than we can count. buts its always been on two Wheels pulling a trailer. Our first for the spyder-trailer. What time were you planning on coming through the Ocala area. We would like to ride up at least part way if your going interstate. We plan on spending the first night out around the Ga & Tn line. We can touch bases when it gets closer. Do you know who that Dootalk is that were suppose to send the checks to. Thanks sorry to run on & on. John and Carol PS My better half runs the show :joke:

Doc, Wheeler, myself,Dave usually meet at wildwood
Turnpike/ at the "steak and shake..745 fl 44, wildwood, fl."
http://www.spydersinthesmokies.com/ is a link to the Smokie event registration.

PS.. I will most likely be pulling a trailer as well. ( I did Last Year )

Spyder#353
07-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Count me in. Had a blast last year.:ohyea:

Blinc
07-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Pretty good chance I will be able to make it this year. I own 2 spyders, so might actually be 2 if I can talk my buddy into going up. I would invite my wife, but she is a short ride, perfect weather, no helmet hair, speed limit only, kind of rider (just kidding honey!), while I am more of a Doc kind of rider...let's goooooo!

PS...for those who have not had your spyders in any kind of real twisties and mountanous bends, this is truly where our machines shine and become not just a cool piece of machinery to gawk at, but a true adrenaline rush. I think this will be an opportunity you do not want to miss if at all possible.

effgjamis
07-05-2010, 12:05 PM
bump......

East, West, Central converge at wildwood.
South of central, we can meet Kissimmee, Orlando or ??

my cell 407-520-1061 well it is the only telie I have.

SpyderSteve
07-05-2010, 11:25 PM
1. Chicago
2. Lamonster BBQ and Smokies :doorag: Any idea if Lamont is going to have a BBQ :clap: {hint lamonster} If i can only make it for part of spyders in the smokies Lamont's is my priority :dontknow:

bruceofthebronx
07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey fellow Floridians....are we looking at doing this Spyder's in the Smokies thing for 2010? Agenda sounds like fun and also looks like a good turnout. Never rode the Dragon. One of the things on my to do list yet to be done! http://www.spydersinthesmokies.com/
'of course any Georgians that want to meet us along the way are welcome'??:dontknow:

reggystan
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm in, booked hotel and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone again...:2thumbs:

mc2276
07-07-2010, 03:29 AM
:( Damn military, I am gonna miss this years and next years gatherings.:gaah: I am so getting tired of missing stuff.:cus:

MangoMike
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Wife and I have reservations at the Red Roof. Planning on riding up Ga 441 to make it more interesting than just plowing up 75 through Atlanta. Looking forward to meeting y'all and riding some beautiful country.

I take it the Florida Express is a group riding together to G-Burg. From Doc's map it looks like the slab all the way, did I get this right?

Mike

InspectorGadget
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Wife and I have reservations at the Red Roof. Planning on riding up Ga 441 to make it more interesting than just plowing up 75 through Atlanta. Looking forward to meeting y'all and riding some beautiful country.

I take it the Florida Express is a group riding together to G-Burg. From Doc's map it looks like the slab all the way, did I get this right?

Mike
Mike,
We are exiting I-75 in Macon and taking 129/441 up through Athens and on into Cornelia for the night. Wednesday am up through Helen, Hiawassee, Franklin, Cherokee then on into G-burg.
We might see you on the road, but if not---be safe.
C-YA RL

johnnyg
07-14-2010, 03:34 PM
RL what time do you think you well be comeing by Ocala JC

MangoMike
07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey RL,

I thought you'd mentioned 441, that's why I looked into it. Is there a reason you stay on 75 till Macon before picking up 441? My thought was to jump over to 441 just north of I-10, but maybe this is a mistake.

Hope to meet you along the way, but if not, we'll see you in Gatlinburg.

Mike

Riversong
07-21-2010, 05:09 PM
would that be 10PM as in night time?

swrafey2000
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
441 south of Macon is slow going,lots of small towns.I'm trying to get my bike ready.Ordered my risers from Kewlmetal today.I hope to start building my trailer in a couple of weeks.

SilverSurfer
07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi folks, I'm ryding from Maryland to Spyders in the Smokies for the entire week of the event, departing the 19th of Sept, riding down I-81 through the Shennandoah Valley ... spending that night in Roanoke, VA then continuing down 81 to Tennessee, etc., to arrive in Gatlinburg on the 20th. I'm trying to link with other ryders who may be traveling during the same time frame to link with in MD, VA at various points along the way, including those that are ryding down from PA, NY, NJ, OH, WV, etc.

Let's correspond on schedules and see if we can grow a pack o' spydies along our ryde! Safety in numbers ... comaradeship and all like that, ya know?

Blinc
08-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Confirmed, 2 of us going here near Tampa Florida.
Would like to meet up with Doc, Forest and the gang.

Looks like the Red Roof is booked, any other close by suitable choices still open that any one knows of?

Wheeler~
08-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Confirmed, 2 of us going here near Tampa Florida.
Would like to meet up with Doc, Forest and the gang.

Looks like the Red Roof is booked, any other close by suitable choices still open that any one knows of?

You might want to check this out. Doc and Forrest have made their reservations there. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...pv/htid=874139 (http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=874139)

Blinc
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
You might want to check this out. Doc and Forrest have made their reservations there. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...pv/htid=874139 (http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=874139)

Thanks Wheeler,
Just booked our stay there, went direct to the resort site rather than Expedia for better rates.

Wheeler~
08-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks Wheeler,
Just booked our stay there, went direct to the resort site rather than Expedia for better rates.

Just hope you don't get stuck having to take a 90 minute timeshare tour!

Erags
08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
We are going to Gatlinburg, but we are going to Trailer it up there. But for us to ride with you, it would me me drive an extra 250 miles or more to meet you here in Florida. So I will be going through Alabama.

Blinc
08-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Just hope you don't get stuck having to take a 90 minute timeshare tour!

No, thank goodness!

Blinc
08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Looks like 2 of us will leave Tampa on Sunday instead of Tuesday night, and then leaving TN on Saturday evening as we need to be back late Sunday.
Anyone else on that kind of schedule that wants to ride up with us?

Blinc
08-27-2010, 04:54 AM
bump..

Anyone else leaving Florida area around Sunday or Monday?
I don't think we will make the "express" but would be nice too ride up with a few more. Also, we will not be riding straight through, but will want to stop somewhere overnight, then on in the next day.

dave01
08-28-2010, 04:45 AM
bump..

Anyone else leaving Florida area around Sunday or Monday?
I don't think we will make the "express" but would be nice too ride up with a few more. Also, we will not be riding straight through, but will want to stop somewhere overnight, then on in the next day.

Still up in the air for me. If surgery and recovery, or good pain meds, go right, I am up for the ryde. Will have to take it easier than our normal Xpress rydes though.

BumbleBee
08-28-2010, 07:01 AM
Still up in the air for me. If surgery and recovery, or good pain meds, go right, I am up for the ryde. Will have to take it easier than our normal Xpress rydes though.

Wish you a fast recovery :2thumbs:

Take care of yourself, see you in TN :D

Put your name on Lamont's BBQ list and T-Shirt order :clap: