PDA

View Full Version : Hiway pegs?

medic 1
04-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know of any hiway pegs for the RTs?

tea6638
04-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Kewlmetal has them for the RT.
http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/index.php?cPath=5_40

KNIGHTRIDER
04-25-2010, 11:46 PM
I have the original hiway pegs made by Matt at KewMetals. I tried every configuration available and now have them exactly right for me. I have 4000 miles with the pegs and they are the only way to go. Once you get them, be prepared to take some wrenches on the first few rides so you can experiment with different settings.

MarkLawson
04-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I have the original hiway pegs made by Matt at KewMetals. I tried every configuration available and now have them exactly right for me. I have 4000 miles with the pegs and they are the only way to go. Once you get them, be prepared to take some wrenches on the first few rides so you can experiment with different settings.

From the photos on the website, it looks as though the right foot is placed directly at the radiator outlet. Would seem to me to be too hot there. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

KNIGHTRIDER
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Your right foot does get a little warm. I use the 3" arm and extend it back a little further than the left and that seems to help. You could use the 3" and the 2" arms together with the 3" straight up and the 2" angled rearward. I tried that but it gave me too much height. The neat thing about the Kewlmetal pegs is they are so adjustable you can experiment until you get the fit that is right for you I have more trouble with my left leg/hip so I use the left peg the most. Good luck.