PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Helmets

mclaw44
04-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I know that the helmet topic has been a recent post but I didn't want to change someone else topic. I was just wondering if any one has had any dealings with any of the helmets with bluetooth in them for comm. (helmet to helmet, helmet to phone / MP3 etc. like the iphone).

dave01
04-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I have one of the Vega V-tune helmets. Works good for cell to helmet and gps to helmet. Havent tried helmet to helmet yet

SpyderWolf
04-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I have one of the Vega V-tune helmets. Works good for cell to helmet and gps to helmet. Havent tried helmet to helmet yet

Dave, I have looked at these helmets quite a few times but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. How is it for comfort, and road noise, on a long trip?

dave01
04-25-2010, 11:30 AM
I used it half way to Cuba and it was good. A little noisy but good ventilation

SpyderWolf
04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
I used it half way to Cuba and it was good. A little noisy but good ventilation

Thanks, I will probably keep it on my list of helmets to look at for my next one then. :thumbup:

Star Cruiser
04-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I know that the helmet topic has been a recent post but I didn't want to change someone else topic. I was just wondering if any one has had any dealings with any of the helmets with bluetooth in them for comm. (helmet to helmet, helmet to phone / MP3 etc. like the iphone).
I have the Vega V tune as well. It is good for the phone, but I don't use it as I don't like to talk while riding.
It is not very load with my Zune (needed to by a bluetooth transmitter to get it to work). I read that helmet to helmet will ONLY work with other Vega Helmets. Haven't confirmed that, but you can keep it in mind to try if that is important to you

412Spyder
04-27-2010, 04:26 AM
I actually just got the Element Fastrack bluetooth helmet. You can check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNeBzD23k1w... comes in full and open face ( i got full face ). I like mine alot, i am actually hard of hearing and have to wear hearing aids daily. I am not able to use the aids while in helmet but i can still hear fine with this helmet. I do have to turn the volume up to almost max but keep in mind my hearing loss is almost 40%. I have tested this helmet up to 75 MPH and can still hear music fairly well. I have used it during phone convo a few times and people didnt even know i was on my bike ( going around 40 mph ). The ventilation is pretty decent when your moving, at stop lights it will fog up on me, but i also haven't played with opening all the vents etc. Over all i really like the helmet, its comfortable, affordable and has some pretty decent features.

Donk45
04-27-2010, 08:36 AM
I have an element fastrack helmet and its decent, but it isnt as nice as some of the better helmets with an added G4 or something.

It does sync up to an mp3 player pretty easily and the sound is pretty good too. If i'm going above 60/65 I can hear it, but cant really make out the words of the song I am listening to. It does get louder but then gets a little distorted. I have also had some problems with my visor leaking a ton of air (they sent me a new helmet) and this one does it as well.

I'd say though, for the price it is a very good option if you want to use your phone and listen to mp3's without the hassle of wires or installing another system. The helmet is a tad on the heavy side, but it looks and feels pretty good.

412Spyder
04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
I have an element fastrack helmet and its decent, but it isnt as nice as some of the better helmets with an added G4 or something.

It does sync up to an mp3 player pretty easily and the sound is pretty good too. If i'm going above 60/65 I can hear it, but cant really make out the words of the song I am listening to. It does get louder but then gets a little distorted. I have also had some problems with my visor leaking a ton of air (they sent me a new helmet) and this one does it as well.

I'd say though, for the price it is a very good option if you want to use your phone and listen to mp3's without the hassle of wires or installing another system. The helmet is a tad on the heavy side, but it looks and feels pretty good.

I deff. feel ya on the not being able to make out the words after 65... with my hearing i usually just listen to the beat so it works for me haha. you know I only used it once since i got it ( tested out the phone feature, mp3, etc )... i didnt notice the air leak but ill have to check on that. Ive just been walking around my house with it on making sure its all good to go before i take it out into the rain.... i also looked at the g4 but i didnt want to mess with hooking it up in my helmet, etc.