PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Riggs RS Spyder Cover

patches
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Never noticed they even sold them until I was out browsing the other day. I never owned a BRP indoor or outdoor cover so I can't compare but I am very impressed with this. I ordered the other day and got it today. I only park in the garage but on trips, I like the fact my spyder is still clean in the morning. In NC, we get this nasty yellow pollen and it gets everywhere so decided to save a few bucks and go with the NR cover. The cover has plenty of room to fit over the spyder, very easy to put on and has the ablity to connect under the bike so not to blow away. Now, I have no idea how in the world I am going to get it small enough to fit back in the bag in came in but that is OK, I will generally leave it out and put it on when in the garage. Will post some pics later but I love the quality and fitting of it so far.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1643

dltang
04-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Never noticed they even sold them until I was out browsing the other day. I never owned a BRP indoor or outdoor cover so I can't compare but I am very impressed with this. I ordered the other day and got it today. I only park in the garage but on trips, I like the fact my spyder is still clean in the morning. In NC, we get this nasty yellow pollen and it gets everywhere so decided to save a few bucks and go with the NR cover. The cover has plenty of room to fit over the spyder, very easy to put on and has the ablity to connect under the bike so not to blow away. Now, I have no idea how in the world I am going to get it small enough to fit back in the bag in came in but that is OK, I will generally leave it out and put it on when in the garage. Will post some pics later but I love the quality and fitting of it so far.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1643
They make a half cover too that is real slick. That is the one I am interested in. Teachbob had one at Spyderfest. He said he'll let us know when they are out for general public purchase. He owns a powersport store, spyderlovers get 5% off from him. So just waiting for a price.

SpyderWolf
04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I already have the BRP outdoor cover for my Spyder, but just got the Nelson-Rigg Half Cover. They are available for general purchase right now, price on NR.com is $59.95 and you can see it here:

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/can-am-spyder.aspx

Deb has already seen the thread, but I just finished posting my review of the Half Cover (pictures included) here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18837

teacherbob
05-01-2010, 07:24 AM
They make a half cover too that is real slick. That is the one I am interested in. Teachbob had one at Spyderfest. He said he'll let us know when they are out for general public purchase. He owns a powersport store, spyderlovers get 5% off from him. So just waiting for a price.

Here you go Deb. Just type in Spyderlover for the coupon code to take 5% off.

http://www.powersports4less.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SU-800-037

M2Wild
05-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I use the indoor dust cover when store over winter in the basement. Didn't like the bulky BRP full outdoor cover. This half cover will be perfect to shield off the vital area from dew and rain storms yet still compact enough to carry with you everywhere.:2thumbs:

wyliec
05-01-2010, 10:05 AM
New Enough has a better price.

kytten
05-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I bought the full outdoor cover from BRP which is great for use at home. But, yeah... it's bulky and I don't like carrying it around as it takes up most of the room in my trunk when I do. I've been considering getting the half cover myself.

BRPjunkie
05-01-2010, 01:53 PM
New Enough has a better price.

New Enough has great price, but their note says it will not fit with BRP touring shield. Wonder if they mean tour or Ultra tour. :dontknow: If tour, then it means it will not fit with almost any after market shield.

sledhead
05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Check out this post before you buy the Nelson Rigg half cover.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18837&highlight=half+cover
I bought one from NEWENOUGH and was impressed with the quality.
BUT... when I put it on the Spyder I was having problems getting it to fit right.
The post I have above shows what you need to do (and how it looks afterward) to get the cover to fit the Spyder. If you have anything other than the stock windshield you might not be totally happy.
Look at that post before you order it!!!!
Oh.. Matt at NEWENOUGH was awesome when doing the return... I recommend those guys big time!!!

bruceofthebronx
05-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Much cheaper at New Enough.com

wyliec
05-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Check out this post before you buy the Nelson Rigg half cover.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18837&highlight=half+cover
I bought one from NEWENOUGH and was impressed with the quality.
BUT... when I put it on the Spyder I was having problems getting it to fit right.
The post I have above shows what you need to do (and how it looks afterward) to get the cover to fit the Spyder. If you have anything other than the stock windshield you might not be totally happy.
Look at that post before you order it!!!!
Oh.. Matt at NEWENOUGH was awesome when doing the return... I recommend those guys big time!!!

I checked out the post and can't see a problem when using a taller windscreen and BRP backrest, if you don't cover the mirrors. The loops even go around the foot pegs.

SpyderWolf
05-01-2010, 08:21 PM
That link is to my review thread. The thread shows how it initially fit with my GIVI D770ST windscreen on along with the backrest. As wyliec stated, the pictures near the end show how you can get it to fit by not including the mirrors under the cover. Plus, a couple of other people made some great suggestions as to how to lengthen the straps to make it work even with the mirrors covered, I just haven't done that yet.

I like the cover very much, and it is currently ryding in my frunk where it is ready to use whenever I might need it. :thumbup:

sandrunr1
05-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I was gonna get a cover for our RS for winter but then I thought, what winter. I live near Vegas and I can ride year round. :roflblack::roflblack::clap::lecturef_smilie::lect uref_smilie:

vtrider
05-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I recently purchased the NR half cover for my spyder and I'm pleased with it so far. It will certainly be handy for those rainy days when my spyder is left in the parking lot while I'm at work. I do have to hook the straps different though, not because of a taller windscreen, but because of my new ISCI floor boards. I no longer have the stock foot pegs to hook to. What I did, and this should also work for those who have taller windshields, is I bought two 18" bungee cords to hook the the straps. I connect one hook of the bungee cord on the under side of the rear passenger foot peg bracket, go though the strap with the other end and hook it to the extra holes on the front of the ISCI floor board bracket, where the optional highway pegs would go. I do this to both sides and it works real slick and keeps the cover real secure.

pierrelogic
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
That link is to my review thread. The thread shows how it initially fit with my GIVI D770ST windscreen on along with the backrest. As wyliec stated, the pictures near the end show how you can get it to fit by not including the mirrors under the cover. Plus, a couple of other people made some great suggestions as to how to lengthen the straps to make it work even with the mirrors covered, I just haven't done that yet.

I like the cover very much, and it is currently ryding in my frunk where it is ready to use whenever I might need it. :thumbup:

Ditto to what Spyderwolf says...I'd only add one thing. If you have to go pick the item up at UPS it will easily fit into the frunk.

I have the stock everything on the RS and the mirrors are covered very nicely. Straps are nice n tight, but I'm hooking to the brake pedal and the shifter...not the footpegs. Makes it a little too tight stretching them that far. Perfect way to keep people OFF my spyder! :2thumbs:

nelsonriggusa
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your support guys!

dltang
06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok, I have the Nelson Rigg half cover for my spyder. It really got put to the test the last two days. I rode to work in the mornings and it was overcast. I got there and covered it up, so easy to do and no hassles, goes on in seconds. Well both days it just down poured rain all morning long and through out the day, with intermittent moments of hot sunshine. When I got out of work to ride, luckily the rain had quit and it was nice for the ride home. My bike was dry, the cover had dried off easily and it went right back into it's pouch with not trouble. Less than a minute to take it off and put it in the pouch and back in the trunk. This was a great investment. Due to my non stock windshield I do have to let the mirrors stick out but then I don't need bungie cords to attach the loops to my footpegs either. It fits right on, no troubles, no worries.

SpyderWolf
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Ok, I have the Nelson Rigg half cover for my spyder. It really got put to the test the last two days. I rode to work in the mornings and it was overcast. I got there and covered it up, so easy to do and no hassles, goes on in seconds. Well both days it just down poured rain all morning long and through out the day, with intermittent moments of hot sunshine. When I got out of work to ride, luckily the rain had quit and it was nice for the ride home. My bike was dry, the cover had dried off easily and it went right back into it's pouch with not trouble. Less than a minute to take it off and put it in the pouch and back in the trunk. This was a great investment. Due to my non stock windshield I do have to let the mirrors stick out but then I don't need bungie cords to attach the loops to my footpegs either. It fits right on, no troubles, no worries.

:2thumbs:

Glad to hear it is working very well for you as well.

Magic Man
06-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for your support guys!

Now how about "stepping up" and "return the support" by sponsoring Spyderlovers like the rest of us "supporting" vendors here do. :shocked:

MM

wyliec
06-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Now how about "stepping up" and "return the support" by sponsoring Spyderlovers like the rest of us "supporting" vendors here do. :shocked:

MM

I thought at one time that nelsonrigg did. Or, is my mind failing me?

This is why I thought they had been a sponsor at one time.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5159

So Magic, I have to agree with you. They've been getting quite a bit of press on here.

Magic Man
06-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought at one time that nelsonrigg did. Or, is my mind failing me?

This is why I thought they had been a sponsor at one time.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5159

So Magic, I have to agree with you. They've been getting quite a bit of press on here.

Nope they are not a sponsor here.

Lamonster says he asked them awhile back about becoming a sponsor and they never even bothered to get back to him on it. :dontknow:

MM