PDA

View Full Version : Lost Highway pegs, now replacing them

Amanda B
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
So I lost my Widow highway pegs, one of them anyway:yikes:. I thought I had locktight on everything, guess not! Anyway, I found some small passenger floorboards I would like to put there instead. It says it is designed to fit FLHX and universal male mount applications. Will that work on my Kewl Metal highway brackets? Will I need to get another part to make it work? The boards are really nice looking, so I'm hoping they will work and then I'll finally be able to stretch a bit while riding.

jeuchler
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
So I lost my Widow highway pegs, one of them anyway:yikes:. I thought I had locktight on everything, guess not! Anyway, I found some small passenger floorboards I would like to put there instead. It says it is designed to fit FLHX and universal male mount applications. Will that work on my Kewl Metal highway brackets? Will I need to get another part to make it work? The boards are really nice looking, so I'm hoping they will work and then I'll finally be able to stretch a bit while riding.

Which ones? Got a photo/link?

I am fond of the Kuryakyn iso mini-boards, but I have big clodhoppers...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2007_Kuryakyn_ISO-Wing_Mini_Boards.jpg

SpyderWolf
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
You may want to send a PM to MadMatt as he should definitely be able to give you an answer on what will, and will not work, on those brackets.

Best of luck!

Amanda B
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
I've pm'd him already and I'm going to call on Monday. I was thinking either just putting ESI pegs to match what I already have or the floorboards I posted. The wings that are posted are actually what I ordered before but the wrong ones (widow pegs) were sent and then I lost one. I want mostly black. The widow pegs that were sent were powder coated black, but the black came off too easy, otherwise I'd grab the wings and get them coated.

I also have to get different adjustment links for my brackets because I can't seem to get the size I picked to be in a comfortable position.

Texmac1011
05-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I also lost a widow peg today. Before I contact Kuryakyn and ask, does anyone know if I can buy just one peg?

Thanks,
Dennis

SpyderRyder
05-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I also lost a widow peg today. Before I contact Kuryakyn and ask, does anyone know if I can buy just one peg?

Thanks,
Dennis

You can buy one peg from Kuryakyn. Their phone number is 715-247-5008.

Firefly
05-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow.. I can't imagine one coming off... have had mine on for a good 12,000 miles and they don't budge at all--- and I didn't use locktite.