PDA

View Full Version : ASK Powersports. Grove City

chillirider
04-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Has anyone had any experience with ASK Powersports service Dept. Just wondering.

pierrelogic
04-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Has anyone had any experience with ASK Powersports service Dept. Just wondering.

I will in about 300 miles. :D

chillirider
04-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Let me know how it goes. I have a choice of driving there for service or the Can-Am dealer in Jackson. I know the one in Jackson a little bit because I take my Honda there for service. I don't know how there Spyder service is though.

pierrelogic
04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
7th of May I have an appt. I'll report how things went for sure. I know I've become much better informed just reading this forum. I have a feeling I'll hang around the shop while they work on it....while I ask a lot a questions. :D

chillirider
04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks looking forward to hearing about it.

pierrelogic
04-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Called them today and got a quote for the 10 hr tune-up. $260-$285 depending on what fluids get replaced. :yikes:

I'm calling Middletown where I bought the thing from for another quote on the 10 check-up. That price form ASK seems a little on the high side to me. If Middletown can beat it by more than the cost of a tank of gas I'm making the road trip. It's a nice ride there and back anyway.

Also ASK told me if I ran the miles up a bit but kept it under a 1000 miles I'd be fine.

chillirider
04-27-2010, 03:36 AM
That does seem high. Curious what you find out at the other dealer. I might have to go to the dealer in Jackson.

pierrelogic
04-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Called Middletown BRP dealer and got a quote for the 600 mile service at a cool $205. No brainer brother, I'm making the nice long road trip to get it done. Gas to and from and my time involved (hehe, riding on the Spyder...duh) it's worth the trip to me. Since I'm coming from a distance they are willing to coordinate with me and their scheduling to get me in and out the same day.

Nice people. They act like they want my business. Giving me a break on cost because I bought from them. Makes sense to me and that's is excellent customer service. Plus that is an awesome ride of about 95 miles one way.

Hopefully my accessory order will be in from BRP so I might just get the work done, pick up my "toys" in one shot. Nice!

pierrelogic
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Took it in for the 1st check. Was treated like a loyal customer. What they charged me was so insanely fair I'm almost embarrassed to publish the price. :D

Those guys at Middletown are top shelf. Everyone from the owner on down through the salesmen to the part folks to the wrench turners. Great group of people. So many times all anyone sees is people getting on their soapbox to complain about something. Not this time. I say without question the best service I've received from anything I've bought in my life. By far the highest recommendation I can give..they deserve it and then some.

Even as I was getting ready to leave, several of them came out to check if things went well and to let them know if I need anything else.

No errors on the BUDS, 4 hours in and out on the service AND they let me ask question, take pictures and shoot the breeze with them about Spyders all day long. Oh, by the way...they did the DPS upgrade without me having to bringing it up. VERY thorough job.

chillirider
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I just checked, That is exactly 100 miles for me. It might just be worth the drive for good service!

ArmyJoe
05-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I've not had a positive experience with Ask Powersports, from Sales to Service. If you must take it there, track down Mike, the Regional Service Manager, and ask him which location he's at and/or where to take your Spyder to.

SpyderDragon
08-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I've not had a positive experience with Ask Powersports, from Sales to Service. If you must take it there, track down Mike, the Regional Service Manager, and ask him which location he's at and/or where to take your Spyder to.

I also used the service department for the 600m manditory service.
They kept the Spyder for 4 days.
Bill: $265.00 and change
they added nothing, changed nothing
lost screws and plastic pop rivits and did not replace.
When I called and asked them about it, they said they did not do it.
After the ck up my drive belt is loose and making nasty noise.
I will drive 200m to avoid this again.

Mike is the one to find. Sold me the 2010 RT-S and was already gone to another AskPowerSports before my 600m ck. I never got to talk to him again.

Good luck to all...

pierrelogic
08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I also used the service department for the 600m manditory service.
They kept the Spyder for 4 days.
Bill: $265.00 and change
they added nothing, changed nothing
lost screws and plastic pop rivits and did not replace.
When I called and asked them about it, they said they did not do it.
After the ck up my drive belt is loose and making nasty noise.
I will drive 200m to avoid this again.

Wow, didn't even change the oil? Really? :hun:

If you're willing to drive I'd suggest Middletown. Let me know the next time you need service and I'll ride down with you. nojoke

budro
08-29-2010, 07:36 AM
My experience with ask service is it is the "pits". Overpriced, long waits for appt. shoddy work. I have had the misfortune of buying my last 2 kaw cycles from them. The honda dealer in Jackson has made me very happy so far. Serviced my sm5 there & bought my rt there. Most happy with the people & the work there.----Budro

johnandginger
09-06-2010, 12:10 AM
had spyder little over a year when i decided to purchase extended warranty.I spoke with "salesman" who deals with extended warranties,he quoted me price of $2600.00,needles to say I didn't purchase it (extremely high ).Had other work done,shoddy work & high prices will not go to ASKPOWERSPORTS in Grove City :gaah:

SpyderDragon
09-16-2010, 06:11 AM

In all fairness, they changed the oil...so they told me.... :dontknow:

If you're willing to drive I'd suggest Middletown. Let me know the next time you need service and I'll ride down with you. nojoke

I need to have the DPS recall done... so I am sure where I take my spyder will need a heads up first for limited supply of replacements.

What is the name of the dealer in Middletown?
Thanks for the support! :thumbup:

SpyderDragon
09-16-2010, 06:14 AM
had spyder little over a year when i decided to purchase extended warranty.I spoke with "salesman" who deals with extended warranties,he quoted me price of $2600.00,needles to say I didn't purchase it (extremely high ).Had other work done,shoddy work & high prices will not go to ASKPOWERSPORTS in Grove City :gaah:

That makes two of us John.. :congrats: We need to get our DPS replaced... finding a great dealer/service department is our next goal!

Yes, I am SpyderDragon! :doorag:

jmaynard1986
09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
I need to have the DPS recall done... so I am sure where I take my spyder will need a heads up first for limited supply of replacements.

What is the name of the dealer in Middletown?
Thanks for the support! :thumbup:

Middletown Cyclehttp://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/transparent.png‎

3711 Commerce DrFranklin, OH 45005-5234
(513) 422-5471

middletowncycle.com (http://maps.google.com/local_url?q=http://www.middletowncycle.com/&dq=Middletown+Cycle,+Franklin,+Middletown,+OH&f=q&source=s_q&output=js&hl=en&geocode=&abauth=87749035:JHPyB1Fu89wdlwI_BVitkEi25Fw&vps=1&jsv=276b&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.077336,86.220703&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:16035121512805286469&ei=mjKSTKfjAoaGzAX16MFq&s=ANYYN7lS1fc-0_55GdTDIzNyBrMpWA5v8w)‎

pierrelogic
09-16-2010, 03:01 PM
:agree:

And me taking the trip with someone is still on the table. I'm planning to drive down to Middletown next weekend the 25th (the shop isn't open on Sundays.) I did hear that Russ is gone from Middletown, but Doug is still there (main wrench turner anyway). I am heading down to reintroduce myself to my warranty...er shop man. ;) Need to check in, haven't been down to see the crew in a month.

Call them up and try to set up an appointment for the warranty work and I'll ryde down with ya. 42 is a great road trip. :doorag:

johnandginger
09-16-2010, 03:15 PM

And me taking the trip with someone is still on the table. I'm planning to drive down to Middletown next weekend the 25th (the shop isn't open on Sundays.) I did hear that Russ is gone from Middletown, but Doug is still there (main wrench turner anyway). I am heading down to reintroduce myself to my warranty...er shop man. ;) Need to check in, haven't been down to see the crew in a month.

Call them up and try to set up an appointment for the warranty work and I'll ryde down with ya. 42 is a great road trip. :doorag:

if nothing comes up ( open day so far ),I may just take you up on your offer and ryde down with you.need to have dps done anyway,not letting rookies at ASKPOWERSPORTS do it, (probably have to guess how to do it).If they are too busy or don't have enough new dps's I'll just go along for the ride anyway and introduce myself (possibly a future customer).Let me know when you are going.

johnandginger
09-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey Doc,
Before you have parts installed,check "how to"section maybe there is something in there to help you install it yourself

Bozzzz
09-16-2010, 04:09 PM

I thought Middletown sells other Can-Am products, but not Spyders?

pierrelogic
09-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought Middletown sells other Can-Am products, but not Spyders?

They sell and service the entire line of BRP products as well as Honda, Kawa, Yammies and Suzuki's. Check their Web site (http://www.middletowncycle.com/default.asp)

johnandginger
10-23-2010, 10:38 PM
called AskPowersports in Grove City 9-28 about defective coolant tank (which was still under warranty until 10-2 ),said they would have to see it before ordering a replacement.Appointment was for following Monday AFTER warranty expired.Rode down to Middletown Cycles with PIERELOGIC,told Aaron the owner my situation ( about warranty set to expire 10-2 ).THEY ORDERED ONE GOING ON MY WORD ONLY.Tank came in 10-6,installed 10-11 (they did some other work on it while i was there,did'nt ask them to). GOOD SERVICE (even though i bought it at ASKPOWERSPORTS)

wildwillie
11-25-2010, 07:16 AM
When it comes to ECM or any other tec work I only trust NICK at Ask Grove City OH. Hes the man wildwillie

kuroneko81
11-25-2010, 01:20 PM

middletown is open on sundays :firstplace: