PDA

View Full Version : spyder pegs

rocketcarwash
04-21-2010, 05:43 AM
thanks for the great ride this weekend my wife and I will sure to attend the next one. the only problem is my wife fell in love with some of the mods. she would really like the spyder pegs and highway spyder pegs first. then the web in the exit side vent.can any one give me some info? thanks again for the great ride, Joe

retread
04-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Spyder pegs are Kuryakan (check spelling:dontknow:), mounts for highway pegs from Kewlmetal (short legs) or ESI (long legs). I think the web comes from Kewlmetal, check their website. I hope this helps.
It was good meeting you, we'll have to get another ryde set up.

john

Amanda B
04-21-2010, 06:29 AM
The Webbing in the vent is from Kewl Metal, which you can find on the home page of this site.

I'm not sure which pegs you are looking at. A lot of people had the Kuryakyn widow pegs which you can find at Custom Dynamics or Kewl Metal. I used to have those, but lost one and it got damaged going down the road. If you get the widow pegs make sure that you take the spike thing in the middle out and put lock tight on it, because it will come lose and you will lose your peg. Those have nice rubber pads on them, so you likely would have more traction.

I have the ESI ones, and you can find those at Custom Dynamics (also on the home page). For those you can get matching break (regular or extended length) shifter and cylinder head covers.

Either way you are looking at roughly $100 (give or take a bit) for each set of two. If you want I can take a picture of the two side by side so you can get an idea of the size. I posted the pictures from the various website so you can identify which one you were looking at. I assume the widow pegs since more people had those.

tatt2r
04-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Had both begs on mine esi pegs are better they don't rust no upkeep they key pegs I had rusted and were more money

Amanda B
04-21-2010, 07:18 AM
I prefer the ESI one's myself they are beefy and seem very well made. I didn't have the widow pegs long enough to know about the rusting but I liked the rubber pads on them. I did not like the stupid spike thing that became loose, and wasn't even sure what it was there for. I didn't even know it was a separate piece until the peg came off.

irish2themax
04-21-2010, 02:34 PM
A lot of people had the Kuryakyn widow pegs which you can find at Custom Dynamics or Kewl Metal. I used to have those, but lost one and it got damaged going down the road. If you get the widow pegs make sure that you take the spike thing in the middle out and put lock tight on it, because it will come lose and you will lose your peg. Those have nice rubber pads on them, so you likely would have more traction.

I lost one too but had no idea where so I had to buy another. According to KewlMetal, the only place you can order a single peg is directly from Kuryakyn. Learned the hard way to use blue loctite :banghead: