PDA

View Full Version : TWO positive notes

Dragonrider
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
First, I sent a note to BRP regarding gas fumes, and Carlo responded with BOTH a phone call and E-mail - sharing both his concern and a couple of positive suggestions. This level of support ranks with the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned.

It gives me confidence that the bugs we have identified really will be corrected by an attentive and responsive team. Thanks Carlo for all that you do - it shows.

Second, I did replace the tin/plastic license plate light with an aftermarket unit from Extreme Kempy - didn't even know they existed until I did a thread search ( great site, this!! :thumbup:). I also ordered the matching swing arm ends, to round off the look, but the wrong parts were shipped. I sent an E-mail to Kempy & he called me within 10 minutes! Took care of the problem, with a thank you & I already have the correct parts on the way. This is another company that has earned my support - give them a look!

groundeffect
04-20-2010, 10:01 AM
First, I sent a note to BRP regarding gas fumes, and Carlo responded with BOTH a phone call and E-mail - sharing both his concern and a couple of positive suggestions. This level of support ranks with the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned.

It gives me confidence that the bugs we have identified really will be corrected by an attentive and responsive team. Thanks Carlo for all that you do - it shows.

Second, I did replace the tin/plastic license plate light with an aftermarket unit from Extreme Kempy - didn't even know they existed until I did a thread search ( great site, this!! :thumbup:). I also ordered the matching swing arm ends, to round off the look, but the wrong parts were shipped. I sent an E-mail to Kempy & he called me within 10 minutes! Took care of the problem, with a thank you & I already have the correct parts on the way. This is another company that has earned my support - give them a look!

Great stuff to here, thanks for sharing the positive notes on this!:thumbup::thumbup:

cheers.

Dragonrider
04-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Morning GE - is that snow I see in the background?? Has it started to melt yet??

Al Bragg
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM

Could you tell us what Carlo said about the gas fumes?

I have been getting fumes now for a little while. I think it is a bad Y pipe gasket.

Dragonrider
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Carlo said the fuel system should be pressure checked for leaks.

We also discussed the fact that I performed the cannisterectomy, and routed the "overflow" line to the rear of the bike, possibly creating a sump. He suggested it should be moved to a point under the bike to assure there's no gas build-up in that line.

He also asked that whatever is found is sent to him for his records - a very good point.

Al Bragg
04-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks,

I will be taking my :spyder2: in for the 6k service this weekend and will have the tech check this out. I had the update done with the canectomy done. So i guess I will have the tech look into moving the line like Carlo said.

And I will have the tch get in touch with Carlo.

groundeffect
04-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Morning GE - is that snow I see in the background?? Has it started to melt yet??

Yep, that's snow in my profile picture/avatar, but no worries! We've been without snow now for over a month and it has been fantastic riding weather, aside from the last couple days. I've been actively riding since Feb and I've been loving it. My heated grips are a must have in the cold temps, though, but they are working out nicely.

Cheers from Newfoundland!

wukka
04-20-2010, 02:28 PM

I have that license plate light as well. It's solidly built and looks great (and I like the fact that it doesn't stick out too much). Please post a picture when you get the swingarm ends installed - I'd be interested in getting those as well.

wyliec
04-20-2010, 03:17 PM
I have that license plate light as well. It's solidly built and looks great (and I like the fact that it doesn't stick out too much). Please post a picture when you get the swingarm ends installed - I'd be interested in getting those as well.

I just installed the extremekempy license plate light. I just wish they had included posi-lock connectors instead of the butt conectors. Of course I'm probably the only one that has a problem with those type connectors. Otherwise, it looks great.

Dragonrider
04-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I've had a couple of requests for a pic of the new parts - now that I the tensioner plates back on, here's one for those interested.

Firefly
04-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I've had a couple of requests for a pic of the new parts - now that I the tensioner plates back on, here's one for those interested.

Sharp! :thumbup:

superfly3
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
awesome :spyder:look

Dragonrider
04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
The only problem with the Kempy parts is that there are too many others…. now do I want to add the billet axel covers??? How about…..

Everything is solid and well made - I went with polished, as it's easier to clean.

Plus, he's a good guy to work with. :spyder2:

rnet
04-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Great stuff to here, thanks for sharing the positive notes on this!:thumbup::thumbup:

cheers.To bad everything is spider themed.

Latemarch
04-26-2010, 06:13 AM
To bad everything is spider themed.

:agree:

I'd take one in plain smooth anodized black in a heartbeat.

boborgera
04-26-2010, 06:38 AM
To bad everything is spider themed.

:agree:In reality a Spyder is not a Spider!

Dragonrider
04-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Have a heck of a time spinning a web with three legs!! Anyone seen the new Kury axel cover spyders?? Got a set on order this morning!!