PDA

View Full Version : Juice box settings at service.

Questions
04-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Do the settings of the juice box have to shut off before the bike goes into BRP for its service tuneup and connected to the laptop, and if so, what do I have to do to turn the box off,I would imagine nana would see the J/B.
Thankyou in advance,
Eric.

bone crusher
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Do the settings of the juice box have to shut off before the bike goes into BRP for its service tuneup and connected to the laptop, and if so, what do I have to do to turn the box off,I would imagine nana would see the J/B.
Thankyou in advance,
Eric.

Turn it off, for sure!...simply take settings 1-3 to the lowest settings and this essentially turns the JB off...

leo76dragon
11-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I am having my DPS updated tomorrow, should I remove the JB??? my dealer seems to be anti-JB... or should I just turn it off???

thanks
Dennis

Yazz
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I am having my DPS updated tomorrow, should I remove the JB??? my dealer seems to be anti-JB... or should I just turn it off???

thanks
Dennis

Have a JB and just had a new DPS installed. I never said anything about installing a JB and the mech never mentioned anything about it either. Spydee runs great now.

Arthur---Mexico
11-09-2010, 08:26 PM
If the shop where you take your Spyuder for the check up and updates while under guarantee is anything like the only shop here in Mexico City why you had better completely remove that Juice Box and don't even talk about it. The agency would have every right to tell you that you have voided your guarantee because you tampered with the electronics on your Spyder. Give it a thought.
Arthur---Mexico City

altonk
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
They can't deny you warranty work because you added aftermarket parts to it unless they can prove the parts caused a failure

When you buy it, it belongs to you not some service tech or garage manager with an attitude

NancysToy
11-09-2010, 09:08 PM
If the shop where you take your Spyuder for the check up and updates while under guarantee is anything like the only shop here in Mexico City why you had better completely remove that Juice Box and don't even talk about it. The agency would have every right to tell you that you have voided your guarantee because you tampered with the electronics on your Spyder. Give it a thought.
Arthur---Mexico City

They can't deny you warranty work because you added aftermarket parts to it unless they can prove the parts caused a failure

When you buy it, it belongs to you not some service tech or garage manager with an attitude
Not in the US, thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Act and similar state laws, but Mexico may be different. It can still lead to a hassle, however, and slow repairs.

leo76dragon
11-09-2010, 10:21 PM
thanks for the replies... I just went ahead and took it out... just dont want to be any problems with it and I want a good outcome with the new DPS and any software upgrades if any is needed... :2thumbs:

Firefly
11-09-2010, 10:45 PM
No big deal to just leave it installed and set up however you have it. They won't even know you have it installed.

BLACK WIDOW
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
No big deal to just leave it installed and set up however you have it. They won't even know you have it installed.

:agree:

Campverdefela
11-10-2010, 08:38 AM
:agree:I just had my DPS replaced with the JB installed and fully functional. I did relay the info about it to the tech and he said no problem leaving it functional. Bottom line, got it back without incident, runs just as good, wasn't affected by the install.

RShrimp
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
My dealer was the one who said if you have intake AND exhaust, NOT having a Juice box could void you engine warrenty if you melt a piston from being too lean...... I would say it varies dealer to dealer.
Also, if you have added mods that make the mechaic work harder to get at stuff, then you should expect to pay for that extra time.

Example: Get new battery under warrenty (cool and free!) Happily paid 1/2 hour labor to have Givi Bag mount removed and reinstalled.