PDA

View Full Version : Juice box settings??

Eddie
04-19-2010, 07:58 PM
What Juice Box setting runs best with the M2 Two Brothers exhaust or similar?? Just looking for ideas. The reason I have been asking these ?'s is because every since I got my Spyder it takes intermit. spells were it will spit and sputter on take off.Sometimes even has a little problem taking the gas. When it Finlay takes off. It slams you on pavement smokes the tire or in gravel goes side ways.Seems it has a hard time with a happy medium. The problem is it will not do it all the time.Just takes spells.

bone crusher
04-19-2010, 10:00 PM
What Juice Box setting runs best with the M2 Two Brothers exhaust or similar?? Just looking for ideas.

I'm getting over 33 mpg now...I'm running the hindle and green filter. I have found that for settings 2 and 3 that levels of 3-3.5 are fine. Setting 4 was too rich for me, so I backed it off to 3...as far as settings 5 and 6 go, I left those at 3 as well...although I might bump them up a little.

After running sub-30 mpg for some time, it was nice to tweak the JB and get some considerable changes...

Firefly
04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm getting over 33 mpg now...I'm running the hindle and green filter. I have found that for settings 2 and 3 that levels of 3-3.5 are fine. Setting 4 was too rich for me, so I backed it off to 3...as far as settings 5 and 6 go, I left those at 3 as well...although I might bump them up a little.

After running sub-30 mpg for some time, it was nice to tweak the JB and get some considerable changes...

You don't want to have settings 5 and 6 set to the same number!

The system will get confused and the engine will cut out on you if you're at full throttle! Dangerous. SethO told me about this after we were doing our 'testing' in Cuba. I kept having the engine stall on me (not always, but often) when going full throttle. The solution was to make the two settings different.

Campverdefela
04-20-2010, 10:45 AM

The system will get confused and the engine will cut out on you if you're at full throttle! Dangerous. SethO told me about this after we were doing our 'testing' in Cuba. I kept having the engine stall on me (not always, but often) when going full throttle. The solution was to make the two settings different.
Have the same problem, was wondering what was going on. Thanks for the tip. Just curious, what settings are you running.

Just Doo Me
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
:agree:Had that cutting out problem when I would be pulling out to pass and holding the throttle open.Going out now to change the last two settings .I had often wondered what was happening , bike runs great other then those times.:2thumbs:

bone crusher
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info...haven't had this problem but will change full throttle to 3.5 or 4...I don't full throttle too much, so I don't see this as being a major problem for the gas consumption...guess it will help acceleration a little...

Campverdefela
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM

After Firefly's suggestion I changed setting 5 to 2.5 and 6 to 4.5 with settings 2 at 2.5, 3 at 1 and 4 at 6. This seems to be working for me with the hindle and K&N intake. Funny thing for me is setting 2, if I go any higher than 2.5 I'm running too rich. Apparently everyones machine runs a little different even with the same or similar mods.

DragonSpyder
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
With Leo Vince, Race Intake, and O2 Modifier, I'm running pressure at 54Lbs. Juicebox at .5 2 3 5 1 .5 and it is running the best it ever has.

Eddie
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok correct me if I am wrong here. But' I have been reading the instructions over and over. I think it is Finlay sinking in :banghead: so my ? is Now to reach my settings I push the mode button until I get the lights I need for the setting I need?? Then I just push the + or - to make that setting richer or leaner. then I push the mode button again to get to the next setting? Is that correct???
Thanks ED

bone crusher
04-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Ok correct me if I am wrong here. But' I have been reading the instructions over and over. I think it is Finlay sinking in :banghead: so my ? is Now to reach my settings I push the mode button until I get the lights I need for the setting I need?? Then I just push the + or - to make that setting richer or leaner. then I push the mode button again to get to the next setting? Is that correct???
Thanks ED

Correct....if you are at 3.5, both 3 and 4 will be blinking...the first setting, the green one, has no effect...hit the mode button to get past that and then dial in, as necessary...

Eddie
04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Correct....if you are at 3.5, both 3 and 4 will be blinking...the first setting, the green one, has no effect...hit the mode button to get past that and then dial in, as necessary...
KOOL Thanks :2thumbs:

tweeder
04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
What do each number (2-6) represent? How do you know what to adjust?

TKS...

bone crusher
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
What do each number (2-6) represent? How do you know what to adjust?

TKS...

2...fuel addition to throttle
3...fuel addition to max throttle
4...fuel addition to cruising (I find this one to really waste fuel)
5...fuel addition timing speed to throttle (how fast the fuel is injected when you throttle)
6...fuel addition timing speed to max throttle

You adjust based on your preferences...

Firefly
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
2...fuel addition to throttle
3...fuel addition to max throttle
4...fuel addition to cruising (I find this one to really waste fuel)
5...fuel addition timing speed to throttle (how fast the fuel is injected when you throttle)
6...fuel addition timing speed to max throttle

You adjust based on your preferences...

The way I've understood all this I would use a bit different wording:

1...not used

2...fuel addition during acceleration

3...fuel addition during max throttle

4...fuel addition to when cruising (steady throttle)

5...fuel addition timing speed for acceleration (how sensitive/quickly it determines you are accelerating)

6...fuel addition timing speed for max throttle (how sensitive/quickly it determines you are on full throttle)

For 5 & 6 the LOWER the number, the more sensitive it is-- as in it will detect your change from cruising to acceleration or full throttle quicker.

The problem many of us have run into is having 5 & 6 set to the same setting. The system gets confused and doesn't know if you are just accelerating or are on full throttle -- so it has a temporary glitch where it shuts off ALL signals and the engine stalls momentarily :yikes:. Not a fun experience when you're passing someone! The only 'cure' when this happens is to let off the throttle a bit and the engine will kick back in.

JB should have a disclaimer on this situation, or fix it so it won't do this.nojoke

At first the programming is a bit awkward, but you get used to it. Rather than use the 'color scheme' - I just count modes from 1,2,3,etc...... and you have to be kinda quick when doing it.

bone crusher
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
The way I've understood all this I would use a bit different wording:

1...not used

2...fuel addition during acceleration

3...fuel addition during max throttle

4...fuel addition to when cruising (steady throttle)

5...fuel addition timing speed for acceleration (how sensitive/quickly it determines you are accelerating)

6...fuel addition timing speed for max throttle (how sensitive/quickly it determines you are on full throttle)

For 5 & 6 the LOWER the number, the more sensitive it is-- as in it will detect your change from cruising to acceleration or full throttle quicker.

The problem many of us have run into is having 5 & 6 set to the same setting. The system gets confused and doesn't know if you are just accelerating or are on full throttle -- so it has a temporary glitch where it shuts off ALL signals and the engine stalls momentarily :yikes:. Not a fun experience when you're passing someone! The only 'cure' when this happens is to let off the throttle a bit and the engine will kick back in.

JB should have a disclaimer on this situation, or fix it so it won't do this.nojoke

At first the programming is a bit awkward, but you get used to it. Rather than use the 'color scheme' - I just count modes from 1,2,3,etc...... and you have to be kinda quick when doing it.

Well, exxxxccccuuuuussssseeee me! :ohyea:

jedd
04-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm stupid but last time i did settings I did it with key on engine off,SethO corrected mine it never ran better settings are similar, my point is a reminder to myself included always adjust JB with engine running.

Jim:thumbup:

Fordextreme
06-02-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm stupid but last time i did settings I did it with key on engine off,SethO corrected mine it never ran better settings are similar, my point is a reminder to myself included always adjust JB with engine running.

OKay, well then I messed up. If i adjusted the JB without the engine running as in moved it to mode 2-5 for starters, if i were to start the bike and move it to mode 3 for example, would it actually move to mode 3? or do i need to set it back to the pre programmed settings and start over with adjusting engine running from there?

Thank you,
Sean

Fordextreme
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Alright, this is going to sound stupid too I am sure. I was under the impression that each mode is its own, as in if i put the bike on mode 2, it is in mode 2? or am I to understand now, that I can change all the modes to my liking for the bike to run using all modes?

I guess I really miss read it. nojoke

Firefly
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I've just about had it with the JB---- before when I had settings 5 & 6 the same I would get the engine cutoff when trying to pass going from acceleration to WOT.

Now my problem is engine cutoff when going from WOT back to cruising.:gaah:

I can repeat this most of the time and it's not a comfortable feeling when passing someone at 90mph and then going to slow down only to have the engine cut out.nojoke

bone crusher
06-03-2010, 02:51 AM
OKay, well then I messed up. If i adjusted the JB without the engine running as in moved it to mode 2-5 for starters, if i were to start the bike and move it to mode 3 for example, would it actually move to mode 3? or do i need to set it back to the pre programmed settings and start over with adjusting engine running from there?

Thank you,
Sean

You can't modify it unless the engine is on...it doesn't work otherwise...

bone crusher
06-03-2010, 02:53 AM
I've just about had it with the JB---- before when I had settings 5 & 6 the same I would get the engine cutoff when trying to pass going from acceleration to WOT.

Now my problem is engine cutoff when going from WOT back to cruising.:gaah:

I can repeat this most of the time and it's not a comfortable feeling when passing someone at 90mph and then going to slow down only to have the engine cut out.nojoke

:hun: Sounds like something went wrong with yours..I also question that number 5 and 6 issue with it not being the same...shouldn't make a difference..perhaps your unit isn't working right? I was running my 5 and 6 at the same numbers for some time and never had an issue...I did switch it when you mentioned it on a thread, but now, with your post here, I'm thinking that maybe yours isn't working right...or, you're too lean due to some other issue...exhaust?...too much airflow?

Firefly
06-03-2010, 08:34 AM
:hun: Sounds like something went wrong with yours..I also question that number 5 and 6 issue with it not being the same...shouldn't make a difference..perhaps your unit isn't working right? I was running my 5 and 6 at the same numbers for some time and never had an issue...I did switch it when you mentioned it on a thread, but now, with your post here, I'm thinking that maybe yours isn't working right...or, you're too lean due to some other issue...exhaust?...too much airflow?

Dunno--- but the instant I changed 5 & 6 from being the same---- that particular problem went away.

I'm just going to wait it out for the Power Commander with Autotune at this point and sell my Juice Box. I'm not too impressed with 2-bros. and would rather deal with a company like PC that actually makes the units.

freebob
06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
What Juice Box setting runs best with the M2 Two Brothers exhaust or similar?? Just looking for ideas. The reason I have been asking these ?'s is because every since I got my Spyder it takes intermit. spells were it will spit and sputter on take off.Sometimes even has a little problem taking the gas. When it Finlay takes off. It slams you on pavement smokes the tire or in gravel goes side ways.Seems it has a hard time with a happy medium. The problem is it will not do it all the time.Just takes spells.

A lot of your problems could be the power tip you are using in your TB M2 if any, I found that using the P1X tip solved all my problems and still has a great sound ...freebob :spyder2:

krb1945
06-03-2010, 10:10 AM
It sounds like your JB has a fault in the electronics. If it is still in warranty you might want to send it back for testing and repair.
Ken krb1945

DragonSpyder
06-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Many of us have had the same issue as firefly. So, I don't think he has a faulty box. I found the farther you have 5 and 6 apart the better the problem is. Currently, mine are at 3.5 and .5 and it only misses once in awhile when I letoff from WOT but much less noticeable than before. If you don't spend a lot of time at WOT then you probably won't even know it's an issue.

Campverdefela
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Alright, this is going to sound stupid too I am sure. I was under the impression that each mode is its own, as in if i put the bike on mode 2, it is in mode 2? or am I to understand now, that I can change all the modes to my liking for the bike to run using all modes?

I guess I really miss read it. nojoke
The modes are all independent, inotherwords lets say your in cruise mode and then you goose the throttle, mode # 2 kicks in and #4 kicks out. This is how the people at 2-Bros explained it to me....unless I misunderstood.

Campverdefela
06-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Dunno--- but the instant I changed 5 & 6 from being the same---- that particular problem went away.

I'm just going to wait it out for the Power Commander with Autotune at this point and sell my Juice Box. I'm not too impressed with 2-bros. and would rather deal with a company like PC that actually makes the units.
Firefly, I've experienced a lot of the problems you have, but now after adding the 02 Modifier which cost $90, mine is running like a raped ape.

Firefly
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
The modes are all independent, inotherwords lets say your in cruise mode and then you goose the throttle, mode # 2 kicks in and #4 kicks out. This is how the people at 2-Bros explained it to me....unless I misunderstood.

Correct, but the unit can get confused. 2 bros. laughed when they were questioned about the system getting confused with settings 5&6 set the same--- even though many of us have had this happen.

I'm running the O2 mod also.... but I'll try separating settings 5 & 6 even more and see if that works.

Firefly
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Maybe these guys can give some more input--- they are the manufacturer of the JB for the Spyder.....

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/default.asp

Dobeck used to be in with the Power Commander guys-- then they split up into two companies...

jedd
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I agree with Firefly, I have same cut-out issue. I've been playing with resetting JB every tank fill just change settings back and fourth 0.5 seems to be helping, somewhere along the line something is learning and compensating JB out of the loop IMHO also backfires are reduced every time I fiddle with settings and in 1-200 miles it starts backfiring again, very strange not in my head just a observation. The set it and forget it part of MY JB went away with 1st update last year in july..

aka1004
06-03-2010, 10:27 PM
I agree with Firefly, I have same cut-out issue. I've been playing with resetting JB every tank fill just change settings back and fourth 0.5 seems to be helping, somewhere along the line something is learning and compensating JB out of the loop IMHO also backfires are reduced every time I fiddle with settings and in 1-200 miles it starts backfiring again, very strange not in my head just a observation. The set it and forget it part of MY JB went away with 1st update last year in july..

you are not the only one. :D
my spyder does that. spyder would run really good than it would start to lean out, i do ecu reset overnight, next morning spyder runs good again for a while than starts to lean again. i had to do that so often, i had a quick disconnect for negative side of battery under the seat so i don't have to take all the panels off to get to the battery.

it still does that with power commander/wideband2 installed but now wideband2 forces spyder to rich when it starts to lean out but sometimes spyder does not agree and it takes some time to recover than runs good, than leans out again wb2 forces it rich and the cycle goes on. most of the times spyder does not fight back when it's force to richen but not always.

only thing spyder could not overtake was that little gadget from ebay that manipulates the ambient temperature to feed more fuel to spyder.
i think my spyder ran the best with that thing on and evo's o2 sensor but it did use a lot of gas. i think it's same with evo's fuel pressure modifier, runs good but use a lot of gas.

i ryde my spyder everyday and it acts different a lot of times. i am happy with powercommander set up now but if i had to do it again and dynojet did not give me 1000 dollar worth of equipment, i would find a way to do something similar to that ebay gadget but with attenuater with larger control knob so i can adjust it while ryding. ebay gadget has very small one that you need a precision screw driver to adjust.

Firefly
06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I wonder how Aerocharger is handling this with their Aerocommander (made by Dobeck Performance)

jeffgis12b
08-28-2012, 07:00 PM
With Leo Vince, Race Intake, and O2 Modifier, I'm running pressure at 54Lbs. Juicebox at .5 2 3 5 1 .5 and it is running the best it ever has.

I just bought a spyder from a local dealer with a JB installed and it has the Leo Vince, Kewlmetal air intake but I am not sure if it has an o2 modifier or not, I am not sure how to tell if it has or not ?

All the set points on the JB are set to .5 ? I was thinking of trying this setup "settings" but was wondering if i could hurt anything with me not knowing if it has the O2 modifier?

I am lost on this thing when it comes to tuning and the dealership says they know nothing about them but what I do know is my wife has a bone stock spyder and its faster then mine and runs cooler as well, mine runs a little on the hot side on engine temp for some reason as well?

rrman01
08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
hey jeff if its set to.5 on all settings the jb is off not working ,, to the 02 sensor u need to undo the rear under belly off the bike the lower mud gaurd then if u see a black oval looking plastic thing, with three wires going into a black square plug cable tied then its got i**** about 50mm long and 10mm wide ,and if its running hot look at the rear of the radiator and see if there is some foam on the top and side if not u might be missing the air dam , and i dont think u will hurt the bike if u adjust the jb ,as i dont have the 02 on mine and its running good the 02 is suppose to help if the bike is popping when backing of,, it didnt make a difference to my roadster it a 08 manual hope this helps and im sure if u check out the posts in diy section u will find alot of stuff there

Campverdefela
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Thats right, the JB settings don't affect the 02Mod.[if you have it]. Go ahead and experiment with settings 2 thru 6, just remember to keep a seperation of 2 or more with modes 5 & 6.