PDA

View Full Version : ENTERTAINMENT HARNESS? YES, IF...

MarkLawson
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
...you install the BRP CB and/or XM radio. I would not know about the BRP Zumo 660 kit, but would guess it is needed. The entertainment harness integrates the added components into the audio system through the AM-FM radio unit. It also connects the rear components to a harness connection by the battery that runs to the front.

If your dealer says you do not need it to install the BRP CB & XM, they're mistaken.

scudrunner
04-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I had to tell my dealer 3 times to order it, even after he called BRP and said it was included in the CB kit.

Jester
04-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Mark is absolutely correct. My dealer also told me it was not needed so it was not there and my PE538 sits pretty naked waiting for me to figure out something. Have to been finished by Tuesday afternoon for a ride to St Louis.
Presently not happy as anyone following Spyderlovers.com has heard this harness IS needed.:chat:

DeeKay53
04-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Mine is being fitted at the moment. It also had to be ordered after the CB kit was supplied and fitted. Next thing will be the helmets.

Questions
04-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Danny, did you get a 27meg cb or is there a special (uhf) one for Australia?
My dealer has not been able to give me any info yet, in the meantime they have fitted a Starcom 1, which gives us intercom and uhf CB and with Ipod attached we can get either music or radio, but no control over volume once we are on the move.
regards
Allen and Suzanne

DeeKay53
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Allen, it is the AM set, 27meg. I don't think they have a uhf set for the RT. I got the CB so I could talk to others with AM sets (Ulysses). Hope you don't have the problems I am having.

Bootie
04-21-2010, 10:15 AM
You guys are correct. I had the dealer install my Garmin 660 and on my ride home the first day, the GPS went dead. After checking a few things I found that there was not power OR ground connections to the GPS (it was running on internal battery for a while):gaah:
I rewired the GPS myself and added a redundant ground and 12V directly to the battery (+). When I went back to the dealer, they had done some homework and found that you do need that entertainment harness and that it only comes with the radio 'n stuff.:mad:
BRP apparently doesn't feel that anyone would want a GPS without a radio, too.:sour:
It looks like the only way around the problem if you don't want to buy the entertainment option is to rewire the GPS yourself.:(
Bootie