PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle accident spyder surprised me

Lavardi
04-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Me and a group was riding thursday evening and the guy behind me on a VTX 1300 layed his bike down and ran into me at 25 mph totaled his bike and broke my liscense plate holder he hit me straight in the back of the bike and very little damage was doe to the spyder if i was on a different bike it would have been a whole different story. he shattered his wrist and ended up getting a plate in it. but is home now.

retread
04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Would be a good idea to get the frame and swing arm checked out anyway. Sorry about your friend, glad you weren't hurt.

john

M2Wild
04-18-2010, 01:11 PM
It sounds like the rear tire obsorbed most of the impact. Definitely have the tire checked for damaged side wall and possible alignment.

fastfraser
04-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Would be a good idea to get the frame and swing arm checked out anyway. Sorry about your friend, glad you weren't hurt.

john

:agree:+1

MarkLawson
04-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Glad you're not hurt and that the other guy is on the mend. It could have been worse for both of you.

God bless,

iSpy
04-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear of mishap hope friend is OK.

If tire was not impacted in collision and no damage to the rear fender or the rear fender supports would think Ok. Was the license plate light fixture damaged?

After discovering my license plate frame broken on several occasions, switched to metal Spyder billet frame, no problem since.

SpyderWolf
04-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Very glad to hear you were not hurt, and that the other guy is back home as well. Hopefully there is no other damage to your Spyder, and he will heal quickly.

Lavardi
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
After careful inspection the back fender is slightly bent and it looks like my exhaust is bent as well. Dont look like the swing arm or frame is bent but the insurance adjuster is coming in tomorrow morning and I am gonna take it to the Can-Am daler to have it looked at

SpyderWolf
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Keep us posted on what else they may find, and what the insurance company is going to do about it as well.