PDA

View Full Version : unknown Flashing Indicator Lamp

2Gunns
04-18-2010, 07:04 AM
While riding a 300 mile ride yesterday I got a Flashing Indicator Lammp that I can not find in the BRP Operator Guide. It looks like the Handle Bars of the Spyder! It went away on it's own, was intermittent (happened 3 times....all in the last 100 miles).

Does anyone know what the warning means? and/or how to fix it,

Did seem to affect anything, no limp mode, hard steering...nthing odd other that the "flashing handle bar"

DeeKay53
04-18-2010, 08:03 AM
This has happened to me on numerous occasions and is normally followed by limp mode. I get the same flashing pic of handlebars, then VSS, then engine block, plus flashing red light on gauge. I pull over and switch off and reset the computer, restart the engine and ride home. The RT-S is once agian back at the dealer being assessed. I have only put 2000Ks on it and my wife (Sue) is yet to get a ride were we don't break down.:yikes: The list of warranty issues is growing all the time. All I can do is put faith in my dealer that all will be fixed. It is a 500klm round trip each time we take it there. Lucky I have a trailer to take it on. Twice now they have told me it was low brake fluid. Don't know where it is all going.:roflblack:
I just want to be able to ride it with some confidence.

Prense01
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
While riding a 300 mile ride yesterday I got a Flashing Indicator Lammp that I can not find in the BRP Operator Guide. It looks like the Handle Bars of the Spyder! It went away on it's own, was intermittent (happened 3 times....all in the last 100 miles).

Does anyone know what the warning means? and/or how to fix it,

Did seem to affect anything, no limp mode, hard steering...nthing odd other that the "flashing handle bar"

Nanny indicator? :dontknow:

Chris :doorag:

Dwight
04-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the handlebars are a DPS fault. DPS = Digital Power Steeering. I got the handlebars, check engine, limp home mode, it turned out to be a faulty "Yaw Sensor". Replaced under warranty, after much discussion between shop tech and BRP. No further problems with that.

Dwight

DeeKay53
04-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Just got word from dealer about limp mode. They took the RT for a test ride and it happened 3 times in 40ks. They are at least on the same page as me now. The mechanic is going to check all the conections and terminals etc. Hope they find something.