PDA

View Full Version : Wilmington Spyder Update

TreeHillSpyder
04-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Hey Everybody:

It's been a while since I've been on here, but I wanted to let everyone know how things are going with my 2009 RS SE5. I got and installed an ISCI handbrake from Billy and a Wheelchair rack from David Biselli at www.Rackiton.com and am very pleased overall with the bike and have just under 500 miles on the bike so far.

I've gotten tons of looks on the bike so far, make tons of new friends, and have all around been pleased with the bike and the extras. This week I added a GPS mount from www.gpscity.com and it's worked out well with longer bolts from Lowe's Hardware. Very pleased.

I've experienced some growing pains so far, like the creep everyone talks about sometimes on here, where the SE5 likes to jump forward when you are trying to stop or stopped, but thanks to this forum, I switch into Neutral if that happens.

I've done all in-town Spydering so far at 55 or less mph, so the mileage has been pitiful, about 100 miles to a tank, but I'm hoping that it will increase when it goes for its maiden voyage on Interstate 40 next week. Also I've only filled up once when the low fuel light came on, so that might be a reason for the shorter tank distance. Not sure how long the bike will go once the low fuel light comes on.

Also, I figured out how to stall the SE5 and boy did I feel dumb. Rev the engine in Neutral and then bump the gear switch to first accidentally. I thought for a moment I was riding an SM5!?!

I am thinking of putting a modulator on the front lights to have them flicker like some other streetbikes do, at the urging of family members. Haven't decided yet.

Looked into a BRP BackRest and sportrack last week. Will not buy one since I'm not willling to drop 700.00 for it in total, and I'll probably go with a Corbin with some backrests at some point.

Question. Hindle or Two Brothers or No Magic Neon for a louder pipe??, (for safety...hehe)

Well I've probably bored all of you, so sorry about that. I'm loving this thing. It's got tons of personality and some quirks, but so have the women in my past, and they weren't all bad either. Very happy overall with this bike. If anyone in Wilmington or North Carolina want to buy a Spyder, I was very happy with Wilmington Powersports with Andy, Fred, and Dave.

Special thanks to Lamont for all of his help over the last few months. Thanks for all the time and effort maintaining this wonderful resource.

Brian
Wilmington, NC

SethO
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
glad you got it together and on the road. Did you cut your seat like I did to put gas in or are gettin off to do that?

What is your injury level?

how long have you had the spyder together?

its similar to wearing a clown suit driving a spyder and when you have a wheelchair on the back it is like have lights on said clown suit.

Too bad you could not have made it up to MO to the spyder fest we could have compared notes.

canchess
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
the wheelchair rack? thanks, canchess

TreeHillSpyder
05-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Loving the wheelchair rack. Works great.

Brian R.

Wilmington, NC

mc2276
05-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Hey bud. I am stationed in Jacksonville and am currently in the Persian Gulf. We will have to get together when I get back in August.
I have the BRP exhaust. It is louder that the stock, but not as loud as the Hindle or Two Brothers. I like it alot.
I am glad that there is another ryder in the area. There are so few. :(

TreeHillSpyder
05-27-2010, 12:00 AM
PM me when you get back in August and we'll get together. Have some friends in Jax as well so that would be fun. I need to take some sort of Motorcycle Safety Course so I can get base stickers on the Spyder soon anyway.

Thanks for your service.

Brian
Wilmington, NC