PDA

View Full Version : Help with RT side compartment access...

3Ryder
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
While installing Triple Play lights on my RT, I absentmindedly noodled with the lock cable running to the right side compartment. Once I had everything back together, I discovered that I could not open that compartment. I must have changed the cable length just enough so that the lever on the back won't disengage the clasp. And given that the side compartments are where one starts to gain access to the rear panels, I seem to be stumped.

So...any tricks to gaining access to the compartment, or removing enough of the rear panels to get to the cable in this situation?
:helpsmilie:

3Ryder
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
A fair big of slapping and cajoling finally released the clasp. Re-adjusted cable and release works as designed. Duh...another swift move on my part...
:dontknow:

NancysToy
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Whew!

SpyderRyder
04-16-2010, 09:12 PM
While installing Triple Play lights on my RT, I absentmindedly noodled with the lock cable running to the right side compartment. Once I had everything back together, I discovered that I could not open that compartment. I must have changed the cable length just enough so that the lever on the back won't disengage the clasp. And given that the side compartments are where one starts to gain access to the rear panels, I seem to be stumped.

So...any tricks to gaining access to the compartment, or removing enough of the rear panels to get to the cable in this situation?
:helpsmilie:
Glad everything worked out for you. Where did you get the Triple Play lights and how hard was the install? :2thumbs: