PDA

View Full Version : Silver RT

NancysToy
04-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Stopped by at the dealer today to prod them about getting my RTS fixed and back to me. They had a silver, standard RT on the floor. Very handsome! Had I seen the two side by side like that before I ordered, it might have been a hard choice. I will say the blank plugs, where the analog gauges are on the other models are kind of funky, but I liked everything else. I did not think I would like the highly contrasted mirrors, top half silver and bottom half black, but they were pretty sharp in person. Overall the pictures don't do the silver version justice. I like how the color blends with the silver bodywork down by the feet, and I love the black splitters in the front ducts, instead of the chrome. I also like the visibility. The silver one did look a bit larger, sitting next to the black RTS...optical illusion. Well done, BRP!!!

docdoru
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
I like how the color blends with the silver bodywork down by the feet, and I love the black splitters in the front ducts, instead of the chrome. I also like the visibility. The silver one did look a bit larger, sitting next to the black RTS...optical illusion. Well done, BRP!!!
:agree: Mine is still in the box...
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/securedownload.jpg

bikeguy
04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
The silver is pretty, isn't it? I was pleasantly surprised when I saw our Silver RT. I had only seen pictures before seeing ours live. It's much prettier in the flesh than in pictures. To make it even better, it's my wife's favorite color for cars or motorcycles. And she really likes this particular shade of silver. We are both still really pleased with the performance as well as the looks.

Got a little over 500 miles on it and we'll put at least another 100 on it tomorrow. Been trying to ride around light rain showers all week. I know there will come a time that I'll have to ride it in the rain but I hate the thought of getting it all muddy. Got a 600 mile service scheduled for Friday morning.

How's the work coming on yours, Scotty? Sure hope you can get it fixed soon. I know you are ready to ride it.

Cotton

dave01
04-14-2010, 07:05 PM
The silver looks great. I can see one in Docs future....Silver Dream II

Barbwire
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
My husband just powder coated a bunch of the lower silver stuff on my Silver RT A/C. When he is done I will post some photos. He did all the pieces around the pegs, muffler, etc. Can't wait to see it. I was struggeling with how big the bike looks compared to my silver/black RS.

NancysToy
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
I look forward to seeing a silver RT also, but......

How Did the Prodding Go???????:popcorn:
Let's just say I rode my BMW home. Only time will tell if I did any good.