PDA

View Full Version : Urgent, need help now

GaryTheBadger
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Hello, I am helping fellow SpyderLover "Kent" install a hand brake kit on his RTS so he can attend the big event this weekend in Cuba, MO. We cannot figure out how to remove the right upper side panel, the one thet appears to go under the mirror. If you can help, please call 479-657-6695. Thank you!!!!

retread
04-12-2010, 10:21 PM
If you are talking about the section the mirror mounts on, it can be a real bear... there are 2 bolts, 1 on each side in the back, and 2 more in the front under the headlights. Be very careful to hold it level, the nuts at the back can disappear.
If you are talking about the panel where the fog light mounts, 1 bolt at the back, 2 push rivets on the edge of the frunk, 1 push rivet underneath towards the front. Hope this helps.

john

GaryTheBadger
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Its 12:30am and we just got Kent's RTS back together. Thanks for the calls explaining how to "pop" the mirror off, it was a big help.

Installing the hand brake kit was a bear, the instructions could use a bit more detail, but the engineering and parts are very high quality. If anyone else does this, the shop manual would cut the time in half.

The end result is that Kent should now be able to attend this weekend's big event in Cuba, MO. Look for the black RTS with the handicap license plate, the hand brake, and a smiling owner!

-Gary

Bootie
04-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Its 12:30am and we just got Kent's RTS back together. Thanks for the calls explaining how to "pop" the mirror off, it was a big help.

Installing the hand brake kit was a bear, the instructions could use a bit more detail, but the engineering and parts are very high quality. If anyone else does this, the shop manual would cut the time in half.

The end result is that Kent should now be able to attend this weekend's big event in Cuba, MO. Look for the black RTS with the handicap license plate, the hand brake, and a smiling owner!

-Gary
I finished installing my ISCI Handbrake over this past weekend. I had to call the dealer on Saturday to get some instructions on how to remove some of the tupperware; the one under the right hand mirror being the prime culprit:gaah: The other thing that was a bear are those little Hex Bolts that hold the back side of the handlebar cover on. I had a heck of a time getting to them.:gaah:I sent a message to Billy Jones at ISCI to let him know that he should tell the customers to have a shop manual on hand. Things would go much easier, then. I have ordered and received a shop manual CD from eBay ($24.95). The quality is very good.:thumbup:
Now that I have quit cursing at the brake assembly, I think the ISCI handbrake is the best engineered aftermarket product that I have encountered. I use the brake 99% of the time and I hardly use the foot brake at all.:D
I am now waiting for highway pegs from ISCI which I will use freely now that I have good braking. :pray:

Bootie

GaryTheBadger
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Bootie - We were also frustrated trying to remove the four tiny hex head bolts under the right handlebar, until we found a very short hex wrench in my box of random junk tools. Its so small and inexpensive, it should be part of the $1000 kit. Saves alot of time.

The kit was also missing a two bolts, but again we were able to find them in one of my junk boxes.

Did you use the included Locktite? Where?