PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to put some miles on today

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
First two times I didn't go very far so I really can't count that but today I rode a little over 200 miles and the steering seemed fine :2thumbs:. I haven't been saying muh cuz I really haven't ridden it except once to NY last fall since it got a new DPS. Then it got cold and winter came.

So today started off a little nervous but I forgot all about it after a while. I still wish we knew what causes these different dps problems in the first place. But just glad it went well and I feel better about riding again. Hopefully BRP will tell us at some point what could be causing it.

So it was a good day and I'm looking forward to next weekend - hopefully sunny and warm. If it doesn't rain, I'll probably take it to work this week - no bosses and I don't have to dress up!:thumbup:

RoadHammer
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Right on !!! :doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag: good to here

just be on guard:pray: and ready for anything

Roaddog2
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
That you did :doorag:

ThreeWheels
04-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Well done. We'll have to try and ride together soon.

Firefly
04-11-2010, 07:51 PM
:thumbup:

:congrats:

dltang
04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Glad to hear you are riding again Kim, I pray your DPS is truly fixed and no more troubles in your future. Enjoy the weather and the good times.:2thumbs:

rnet
04-11-2010, 08:01 PM
First two times I didn't go very far so I really can't count that but today I rode a little over 200 miles
So it was a good day and I'm looking forward to next weekend - hopefully sunny and warm. If it doesn't rain, I'll probably take it to work this week - no bosses and I don't have to dress up!:thumbup::2thumbs:Were did you ride.

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Well done. We'll have to try and ride together soon.

Maybe a meet up next weekend?

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear you are riding again Kim, I pray your DPS is truly fixed and no more troubles in your future. Enjoy the weather and the good times.:2thumbs:

Yeah, I'm glad too but still puzzled by it all. It's like it's working but what bugs me is that I don't know why it got stuck on me in the first placed. But I was glad to be out on a nice sunny warm day! We took a ride last weekend too but I was passenger - it was still nice though - I like riding on the Harley w/ HDX too.

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:19 PM
:thumbup:

Thx! Hope it's a worry free season!

SpyderWolf
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Glad to hear you got a good ryde in, and the Spyder behaved for you. :thumbup:

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
:2thumbs:Were did you ride.

Rode to the Red Devonin Bangall NY and then over to Great Barrington Mass and then home. I love Bagall - all those ranches w/the horses - so pretty. Leaves were starting to pop! Had a good roast beef sandwich at the Devon - they have great food there.

rnet
04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
yep Bangall is a very lovely place, but their money is even better. If your good at your trade, there's some money to be made in those parts of the country.

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:33 PM
yep Bangall is a very lovely place, but their money is even better. If your good at your trade, there's some money to be made in those parts of the country.

I'd be homeless there - I can't do any trade. I can type fast and schedule people's calendars but it sure don't look like anyone is busy there - very laid back - and Rich - guess you can be laid back w/ all that money :2thumbs: Or we can move there and HDX can do his trade and I can sit back and do NOTHING LOL! Yeah like he'd really appreciate me sitting on my a$$ all day doing nothing. I could be good at that though:doorag:

jeuchler
04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Rode to the Red Devonin Bangall NY and then over to Great Barrington Mass and then home. I love Bagall - all those ranches w/the horses - so pretty. Leaves were starting to pop! Had a good roast beef sandwich at the Devon - they have great food there.

Geez, Kim--you were practically in my frontyard!!

rnet
04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd be homeless there - I can't do any trade. I can type fast and schedule people's calendars but it sure don't look like anyone is busy there - very laid back - and Rich - guess you can be laid back w/ all that money :2thumbs: Or we can move there and HDX can do his trade and I can sit back and do NOTHING LOL! Yeah like he'd really appreciate me sitting on my a$$ all day doing nothing. I could be good at that though:doorag:Be careful now, you know what happens when you sit on it for long periods.:roflblack:

vtrider
04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
That's good news Kim! I hope you don't see any more serious issues with your spyder and just ride and enjoy it. I'm in the process of adding many upgrades to my spyder. I'll get some pics up once the mods are complete. I'm looking forward to meeting up again for a ride someplace. I still want to organize a ride this summer up here in northern VT.

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Be careful now, you know what happens when you sit on it for long periods.:roflblack:

Sitting for long periods of time would be bad. I'd get back to watching Days of our Lives, Judge Judy and Dr. Phil - that would be bad. My whole afternoon would be spent on the couch right after waking up. I used to do that back in the day but I had a night job so it was ok to do that :)

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Geez, Kim--you were practically in my frontyard!!

Well next time we are up that way we'll stop by! When are you coming this way - pretty soon, right?

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
That's good news Kim! I hope you don't see any more serious issues with your spyder and just ride and enjoy it. I'm in the process of adding many upgrades to my spyder. I'll get some pics up once the mods are complete. I'm looking forward to meeting up again for a ride someplace. I still want to organize a ride this summer up here in northern VT.

Can't wait to see pics! Do you listen to music when you ride? Do you have speakers or anything like that on yours now? I'm looking for ideas but not thrilled w/ drilling holes for speakers and that cranker tank bag looks good. Just need it to be loud enough.

I am psyched for a Northern VT ride!

jeuchler
04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Well next time we are up that way we'll stop by! When are you coming this way - pretty soon, right?

Yeah.

June 26 to the USCGA.

I'm waiting on our friend to find out about the tour in Stratford, though--That would have to be between May 1 and June 15.

rnet
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
That's good news Kim! I hope you don't see any more serious issues with your spyder and just ride and enjoy it. I'm in the process of adding many upgrades to my spyder. I'll get some pics up once the mods are complete. I'm looking forward to meeting up again for a ride someplace. I still want to organize a ride this summer up here in northern VT.Put me on the list, then we will compare floorboards, maybe you'll have them done by americade.

Smylinacha
04-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I just saw him - met w/ my boss last week. Did you tell him you know me?

Yeah.

June 26 to the USCGA.

I'm waiting on our friend to find out about the tour in Stratford, though--That would have to be between May 1 and June 15.

ThreeWheels
04-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe a meet up next weekend?

Sorry, I'd love to, but I'm leaving for NC/TN next Saturday and don't expect to be back until the following Sat or Sun. And Sat May 1 I have to work.

I'm glad you got your Spyder out though. Hope it continues to work out for you.

Do you get out during the week at all ? Maybe meet you and your hubby for coffee ??

aka1004
04-11-2010, 09:23 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

stgilmer
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
:2thumbs:On your nice ride:2thumbs:

ThreeWheels
04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Smylinacha,

I was wondering, when they were checking out your steering problems, why did they concentrate on the DPS. Did they rule out all the obvious things first?
The way you described your problem, it could have been something in the steering that was mechanically hanging up. Not any kind of electrical failure.
Did they look at all that? I assume they did, but you never know for sure unless you ask.

Smylinacha
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
All I know is the tech flew out and they ordered a new dps for it. When the new one came it wouldn't work so they ordered another one and that one worked. that's the part I don't get - the "whys". :dontknow:

Smylinacha,

I was wondering, when they were checking out your steering problems, why did they concentrate on the DPS. Did they rule out all the obvious things first?
The way you described your problem, it could have been something in the steering that was mechanically hanging up. Not any kind of electrical failure.
Did they look at all that? I assume they did, but you never know for sure unless you ask.

Sarge707
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
:2thumbs:Glad you got back on the :spyder2: Horse!!!

vtrider
04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Can't wait to see pics! Do you listen to music when you ride? Do you have speakers or anything like that on yours now? I'm looking for ideas but not thrilled w/ drilling holes for speakers and that cranker tank bag looks good. Just need it to be loud enough.

I am psyched for a Northern VT ride!

No sound system yet. I do however want to add an AM/FM radio and maybe GPS in my next phase of upgrades. I do have an auxiliary fuse panel to add any extras like that. I did add my new heated grips and a powerlet socket in place of the rocker switch that I had for my symtec heated grips (those failed on me) so I just replaced them with oxford heated grips. These are powered from the auxiliary fuse panel. If I do add some sort of sound system, I'm thinking of good qualitiy helmet speakers over pod mounted speakers on the spyder. That is unless someone comes up with something that looks like it belongs there at a good price. I have over $3700 in uprades to add on my spyder. I can't wait for it to be complete.

I plan on doing the Northern Vermont ride when the weather gets much warmer. I'll try to get a feel for what time frame is best for anyone who wants to come up and join in for this meet and greet. I do however want to make it simple and fun! I would like to make it a weekend event so we can all go for a nice ride at least for day in the Northeast Kingdom and have a nice lunch at the waterfront off lake Memphremagog in Newport. There is a nice bar and grill there. We can also do a lake Champlain loop through the Islands, South Hero, Grand Isle, North Hero and around to Alburgh and into Swanton and to St.Albans VT and stop at this Place Called Harley D's, which is a Harley theme bar and grill with good food. It's a neat place. These are just some thoughts. I'll try to get more solid plans once I get feel for who is interested. More to come!

jeuchler
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I just saw him - met w/ my boss last week. Did you tell him you know me?

Pm'd.

musicarcade
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
:2thumbs::congrats: on Ryding the :spyder2:.
I've put 400 miles on mine since I got it back ten days ago and it's been running great!:doorag:

SpyderByter
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Glad your back on the Spyder Kim :2thumbs:

I hope it behaves for you, and hope to see you and HDX soon, and Road Dog and his new trike. We will meet at a doughnut shop.

Mark

Smylinacha
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Let's hope they keep running good!

:2thumbs::congrats: on Ryding the :spyder2:.
I've put 400 miles on mine since I got it back ten days ago and it's been running great!:doorag:

Smylinacha
04-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Donut shop would be a good ride!

Glad your back on the Spyder Kim :2thumbs:

I hope it behaves for you, and hope to see you and HDX soon, and Road Dog and his new trike. We will meet at a doughnut shop.

Mark

Smylinacha
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Me too :)

:2thumbs:Glad you got back on the :spyder2: Horse!!!

Spanky
04-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I have been crossing my fingers every time I open this thread.

I hope the fix sticks :2thumbs:.

Enjoy riding!!!!