PDA

View Full Version : Intercom/music

Dwight
04-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I've got all of my communications stuff set up except for 1 headset. I can't find any info in the owners manual about how the intercom works. Anybody know where I can find this info? Also when I play the radio it plays in the helmet and also on the regular speakers. Is there any way I can shut off the external speakers? This is really annoying.

Thanks
Dwight

NancysToy
04-11-2010, 07:11 PM
There is a setting in the setup menu that allows you to choose speakers, headsets, or both.

Dwight
04-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks Scotty,
I haven't been to the setup screen yet, dealer took care of most of the things I needed. That will take care of the speakers, does the setup screen also have the info on the intercom? I know its voice activated, is there a place to adjust the sensitivity of the mikes?

Any news on your RT? I ordered a set of Elka's for the front (don't have them yet), now considering one for the rear. Doesn't seem to be any dampening on the rear shock. My ridin buddy says it looks like we are riding a teeter-totter!

Dwight

MarkLawson
04-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Dwight,

The system is not very intuitive. Hit your 'Mode' button until you get to CB. You'll find controls for the headsets there, both mic & speakers.
If you do not have a CB, the CB screen may not be available to you. Not certain how it would work.

Then go to the 'Setup' screen and select the 'Audio' function. In the center menu you'll find an option for external speakers. Select that function & you'll have options to turn them on/off.

Note that the setup screen is not available while the Spyder is moving. You must be stopped.

scudrunner
04-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I've got all of my communications stuff set up except for 1 headset. I can't find any info in the owners manual about how the intercom works.

Are you saying that your driver's headset works, but the passenger's doesn't? When my dealer ordered my CB/ICOM, they didn't know to order the Entertainment harness which hooks the passenger's headset into the system. I had to argue with them for 3 days until I called BRP. I even gave them the part number, they kept telling me I didn't need it. I haven't had it installed yet though. I'm thinking now I should have gone with one of the wireless systems.

Dwight
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Nope, nothing wrong with my headsets. I just haven't got them installed in the other helmet. They are J & M. The instructions said if you installed them in an HJC helmet that you would have to enlarge the ear pockets a "little" bit. It took me nearly 3 hours of carving with a dremel kit to get mine to fit. I still need to do a little touch up on mine before I start on the other one. I'm not real happy with what you have to do to make them work at the price you have to pay, guess I should have bought helmets with them already installed!
Thanks for the tips on setup guys! We are heading out for 3 days to ride Eastern OK and Western AR this week, got to get her headsets installed!

Dwight

westgl
04-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I have four helmets with the J&M headsets.

J&M has a deal you buy their sets you send in your helmets they install.

I did this, they came out really nice.

Westgl