PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Rushmore area in August or September

dragonheart
04-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Any South Dakotans out there that can respond? Husband and I rode from TN to the Owners Event in L.A. last year and this year we plan to head to Mt. Rushmore. We were wondering if the trip spent there camping would be better in August or September? Any difference in temps or rain? Thanks so much for any input.

Gayle/Dragonheart

D&J's#2
08-29-2010, 05:31 PM
My husband and I are planning a trip to go to the Badlands Area later this week from Little Rock, AR. Would like to hear about your trip if you've already gone.:helpsmilie:

Squadcarman
08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
We recently got back from a trip to the Black Hills. The afternoon temps were in the low 100's. The temps were way cooler in the canyons.We did most of our riding in the morning and early afternoon. There was a large forest fire in the Pringle/ Hot Springs area that closed roads and routes leading to Mount Rushmore.

ARtraveler
08-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Have a great trip. That is some special country to ride in.

Big Arm
08-14-2012, 10:01 PM
We may try for the Buffalo round-up, Sept 24th

CMA Cowboy
09-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Wife and I will be there next week on our RT's. Praying for the weather to stay nice.

Questions
04-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Hi we're expecting slightly higher Temps this year. Upper 90s. If you camp in the hills like we do (Collins Cabins) Deadwood sd evening Temps are cool. If your thinking sturgis rally it starts on the first full weekend of Aug. Now in July is the d3wr.com. more low keyed people actually leave their clothing on. Now during sturgis week if 1/2to a million people in 4 square miles then that's for you. If you haven't been and need a guide know this you have an ally for the madness.

Turtle

Bfromla
04-09-2016, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a fun trip :thumbup: Please share pics & tips of any hidden locations if you find any:2thumbs: The unplanned side trips can lead to some of the best parts of trips:dontknow::doorag:;)