PDA

View Full Version : Help Brake Failure

syclemom
04-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Our friend is with us on a trip in Round Rock Tx. and her RTS SE keeps giving a Brake Failure Alarm on the screen and Park Brake flasheson dash, checked levels all OK brakes feel normal , alarm keeps clearing itself then reappears later, Any advice ? Does she need to seek Help? We called our service Mgr. 4 1/2 hrs away he said could be a low battery but after a6 hr. ride I would think it is charged.

NancysToy
04-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Typical causes are low fluid level, brake system leaks (low pressure), or a faulty sensor. A low battery could cause it (or loose battery terminals), but if the battery is low after a long ride like that, there are other issues. Your friend could try checking for active fault codes using the procedure shown in the manual. BUDS would show inactive (occurred) codes, too. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. If the brakes do not seem to be working right, it should be towed.

syclemom
04-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Dont have my service manual with me if my memory is right push mode, set, turnsignal at the same time ?

NancysToy
04-09-2010, 08:09 PM
1. Turn ignition switch to "On".
2. Wait for mutli-function gauge to complete self-test cycle.
3. Simultaneously press: MODE, SET, Turn signal button (Cancel?)

syclemom
04-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Made it code P0000 Can anyone with access to a manual tell me what this code is my manual on computer at home.

NancysToy
04-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Made it code P0000 Can anyone with access to a manual tell me what this code is my manual on computer at home.
No P0000 code listed. P is a powertrain error code, which can include the various electonic modules. Maybe this indicates no active code at the momement. Does the code change if you hold the brake down?

syclemom
04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks P0000 code only came up the second time I tried to make it code no change with brake pushed brake alarm is intermittent I have read some early released models have false codes that are requiring a software update to solve,maybe this is the issue, thanks for the help.

NancysToy
04-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks P0000 code only came up the second time I tried to make it code no change with brake pushed brake alarm is intermittent I have read some early released models have false codes that are requiring a software update to solve,maybe this is the issue, thanks for the help.
Can't advise you very well from afar, but if warning is intermittent, and not correlated to brake use, and if the brakes seem to work well and do not feel overly spongy, I would probably finish the ride, then see a dealer as soon as I had a chance. You guys are in a better position to judge.

Keep in mind that the Spyder is very sensitive to fluid level, and sometimes gives a warning even when the reservoir looks full. You might try topping it off slightly.

syclemom
04-10-2010, 03:42 PM
We topped off master cylinders you could see float rise slightly but they were full only added a little but the alarm on screen hasnt come back on thanks for help

NancysToy
04-10-2010, 03:53 PM
We topped off master cylinders you could see float rise slightly but they were full only added a little but the alarm on screen hasnt come back on thanks for help
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: