PDA

View Full Version : Missing grill cover

InspectorGadget
04-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I noticed on my RT-S SM5 I have no honeycomb grill cover on the right side behind the radiator air outlet. I have one on the left side covering the oil tank.
I noticed on the BRP site, the 360 view of the RT shows one there on the right side.
Can anyone tell me if mine is missing, or do all of the new RT's come without this right side grill?
Thanks C-YA RL

SpyderWolf
04-08-2010, 09:39 PM
They do not come with a grill cover on the right side of the Spyder. Yours is fine. :thumbup:

VaughnCat
04-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I noticed on my RT-S SM5 I have no honeycomb grill cover on the right side behind the radiator air outlet. I have one on the left side covering the oil tank.
I noticed on the BRP site, the 360 view of the RT shows one there on the right side.
Can anyone tell me if mine is missing, or do all of the new RT's come without this right side grill?
Thanks C-YA RL
Rumor has it that the money they saved by not putting the grill on the right side was used to improve handling . . . or was that gas mileage? I don't know, I read it on the internet and we all know that it must be from a reliable source. It would be fun to have an insight to the design teams thoughts . . . . :joke:

ThreeWheels
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Thats right behind your radiator we got some webs and added them if you do this check to make sure it does not cut off the air flow enough to heat up quicker. It does not seem to now here in TX but when we get to Aug every bit of air counts. Not like in Ia when we had to put cardboard in front of thr rad to keep warm. Ah younger days!! Dont worry noting is wrong
A few details and photos please. I'd like to try that myself.

1VENOM
04-08-2010, 11:09 PM
If it's webs you want, check these web's out. http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/index.php?cPath=5_41

2Gunns
04-09-2010, 09:00 AM
How many of us had this same experience? .... I know I did, my heart sank into my stomach thinking I'd lost parts off the RT in the first week I owned it.

welcome

InspectorGadget
04-09-2010, 10:46 AM
How many of us had this same experience? .... I know I did, my heart sank into my stomach thinking I'd lost parts off the RT in the first week I owned it.

welcome
I see that your number is the closest to mine that I have seen so far. Our machines must have been made within a few feet of each other.:spyder:
C-YA RL

2Gunns
04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I see that your number is the closest to mine that I have seen so far. Our machines must have been made within a few feet of each other.:spyder:
C-YA RL

30's RULE:thumbup:

MouthPiece
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Ft. White as in Wilson Springs?

InspectorGadget
04-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Ft. White as in Wilson Springs?
Ft White as in Ichetucknee Springs, Fl
C-YA RL :2thumbs: