PDA

View Full Version : Headlight modulator

InspectorGadget
04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I didn't see or find it yet, but has anyone installed a headlight modulator on their RT?
I had one on my previous ride and installing one on a cruiser was rather simple, but with all of the cowling on the RT it may be a bit of a challange.
Just wondering if anyone has taken that challange.
Thanks C-Y RL

M2Wild
04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't like them thing .... really irritates me when I see them.

InspectorGadget
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't like them thing .... really irritates me when I see them.
But it gets your attention---That's what they are ment to do.
A safety device that is needed on Motorcycles for added visibility.
Thanks C-YA RL

boborgera
04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
But it gets your attention---That's what they are ment to do.
A safety device that is needed on Motorcycles for added visibility.
Thanks C-YA RL

If you really want to get their attention, leave your brights on all the time.
That should piss off non bikers even more than the modulators do. And it doesn't cost you a dime.

Roadkill
04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
+Motorcycle headlights were mandated ON for "safety reasons", yet DRLs overtook the roadway presentation and now motorcycles are again unseen.

I've run modulators on all of my two-wheelers since before they were 50-state legal, and they've saved my ass on several occasions.

I'll probably eventually put one on RAKNID.

They irritate you? Tough ****.

Ride on.
Roadkill

SpyderWolf
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I have been thinking about this as well. On a side note, we just installed the ESI Day Runners on my wife's Spyder last night, and those will definitely make people see you as well. It is not the kind of light that you are used to seeing coming at you down the road, and definitely grabs your attention. :thumbup:

Babymoose
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I have been thinking about this as well. On a side note, we just installed the ESI Day Runners on my wife's Spyder last night, and those will definitely make people see you as well. It is not the kind of light that you are used to seeing coming at you down the road, and definitely grabs your attention. :thumbup:
That's good to hear. I have them on order for both the Spyders. Not a fan of modulators. Kind of odd because I am all about being visible on a bike or a 3 wheeled roadster.

lawrenc454
04-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Since I put HID on my headlights I put a Kisan modulator on my fog lights. It works great. Love it. Lonnie

InspectorGadget
04-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Since I put HID on my headlights I put a Kisan modulator on my fog lights. It works great. Love it. Lonnie

Lonnie,
How difficult was the installation?
What model modulator did you use?
I would like to copy your lead.
Thanks C-YA RL