PDA

View Full Version : New RT-S SE5 Very, Very Low Price

WaltH
04-07-2010, 05:05 PM
It looks like the trailer is included. There must be more profit in these units than I thought.

http://orlando.ebayclassifieds.com/motorcycles-scooters/orlando/2010-can-am-spyder-rt-s-se5-brand-new-no-miles/?ad=2681064

SpyderGirl
04-07-2010, 05:09 PM
It looks like the trailer is included. There must be more profit in these units than I thought.

http://orlando.ebayclassifieds.com/motorcycles-scooters/orlando/2010-can-am-spyder-rt-s-se5-brand-new-no-miles/?ad=2681064

WOW... that seems suspect to me.... awesome deal if it's not.

aka1004
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
it does not states if trailer is included or not but i am guessing no.
as far as spyder being high-margin item, i will to say YES!!!
dealer here is selling brand new 09 sm5 for 11.5k and i am guessing that is still above their cost.

spyryder
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Ya, I'll have a dozen at that price.:pray:

SpyderGirl
04-07-2010, 05:18 PM
So I e-mailed the seller and asked.... this is the reply:

Well let me first say thank you for the opportunity to serve you and for your consideration. The asking asking price is $18,000. However, it doesn't include a trailer.

As a local sales representative I am officially authorized to offer any and all of Wisors Polaris products. Any and all machine are delivered to the proper shipping address. All billing is handled by cash, cashiers check or bank wire transfers. All models are shipped brand new from our shop in Ransomville, NY to designated shipping address. We cover the shipping. We offer a #3year warranty on most models. Let’s talk soon!

Wisors Polaris will provide a 30 day return policy during which a buyer may return any product undamaged (at their own expense). Wisors Polaris will also provide a return/refund policy for any damaged or defective recreational vehicles as long as any claims are placed within the agreed.

Have a great day,
Racquel

I sure wish I had the $$!!

BajaRon
04-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Be careful. Not saying it isn't for real but check it out.

There is still fraud on eBay. There have been several cases of people taking a picture of a vehicle in a parking lot and listing it on eBay, for example. Another thing that happens is selling the same listed item to several people. Everyone pays and no one gets the goods.

Then there is always the "Bait and Switch".

And the biggest tip-off of all that it is a scam is CASH, CASHIER'S CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER PAYMENTS ONLY! That's how they take your money and RUN! Much better to RUN FIRST and not pay!

It could still be OK, but if you make payment using any of these methods you are definitely hung out and depending 100% on the honesty of the seller. Good Luck!

aka1004
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
So I e-mailed the seller and asked.... this is the reply:

Well let me first say thank you for the opportunity to serve you and for your consideration. The asking asking price is $18,000. However, it doesn't include a trailer.

As a local sales representative I am officially authorized to offer any and all of Wisors Polaris products. Any and all machine are delivered to the proper shipping address. All billing is handled by cash, cashiers check or bank wire transfers. All models are shipped brand new from our shop in Ransomville, NY to designated shipping address. We cover the shipping. We offer a #3year warranty on most models. Let’s talk soon!

Wisors Polaris will provide a 30 day return policy during which a buyer may return any product undamaged (at their own expense). Wisors Polaris will also provide a return/refund policy for any damaged or defective recreational vehicles as long as any claims are placed within the agreed.

Have a great day,
Racquel

I sure wish I had the $$!!

phew...
smells like 7 day old fish.
if i was in new york area, i would go check it out and if it's legit, buy it but i am not sending them cash or bank transfers.

fastfraser
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Went for that deal 3 months ago. Hope to get the :spyder2:any day now.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Roger
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
The dealer does not have a website which seems odd.

spyryder
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Here's what shows up when you click on the map of their location in Orlando:spyder::

YPILOT
04-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow, They sure have great scenery. You might need a snake killer if you visit in person.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Here's what shows up when you click on the map of their location in Orlando:spyder::

SpyderWolf
04-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Be careful. Not saying it isn't for real but check it out.

There is still fraud on eBay. There have been several cases of people taking a picture of a vehicle in a parking lot and listing it on eBay, for example. Another thing that happens is selling the same listed item to several people. Everyone pays and no one gets the goods.

Then there is always the "Bait and Switch".

And the biggest tip-off of all that it is a scam is CASH, CASHIER'S CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER PAYMENTS ONLY! That's how they take your money and RUN! Much better to RUN FIRST and not pay!

It could still be OK, but if you make payment using any of these methods you are definitely hung out and depending 100% on the honesty of the seller. Good Luck!

:agree:

This is great information to keep in mind at all times when dealing with internet purchases.

jedd
04-07-2010, 06:51 PM
:agree:

This is great information to keep in mind at all times when dealing with internet purchases.
:agree::agree:

BajaRon
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM

From the satellite picture it appears that dealership invested heavily in CAMO! :roflblack:

You could probably get a great number of things out of this Smok'in Deal". But a Spyder isn't going to be one of them.

pauly1
04-07-2010, 10:10 PM
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is....too good to be true. Oh, yeh, and make the cashier's check payable to U. Ve Ben-Scrwd.:yikes:

Wayne

dvmdf
04-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Most likely a scam based on a payment method they ask for. I would report this to the FBI

letsroll
04-08-2010, 01:52 AM
I to thought "wow" this is a great deal.....just 18,000.00 out the door on a orbital blue rt-s se5..... Wisor's Polaris is located 2958 Ridge road in Ransomville New york zip is 14131 phone number 716-791-3119..... the owners name is connie wisors and hubby...they have been open since 1995 and one complaint against them I called the bbb in new york (716) 881-5222 and ask if the company is legal... they said yes....I also spoke to raquel 407-285-5928 .... she has been working for them about one year (wisor's polaris).....I told her that i need vin #.... so i can give it to the police and ck if it is stolen etc... as well as the D.M.V they will ck it out for me... also i want to see the contract... i told her that i would like to ride it from N.Y. to CA if there is a problem... her reply was no.... so i might fly there to see what's up with the company.... and maybe see what happens deal or no deal.......give me some feed back what all of you think..:chat: later

Vordak
04-08-2010, 05:34 AM
ur gonna get screwed, but if you insist, spend your $$ and fly there. Can't say we didn't tell you.

V.

WaltH
04-08-2010, 08:15 AM
I to thought "wow" this is a great deal.....just 18,000.00 out the door on a orbital blue rt-s se5..... Wisor's Polaris is located 2958 Ridge road in Ransomville New york zip is 14131 phone number 716-791-3119..... the owners name is connie wisors and hubby...they have been open since 1995 and one complaint against them I called the bbb in new york (716) 881-5222 and ask if the company is legal... they said yes....I also spoke to raquel 407-285-5928 .... she has been working for them about one year (wisor's polaris).....I told her that i need vin #.... so i can give it to the police and ck if it is stolen etc... as well as the D.M.V they will ck it out for me... also i want to see the contract... i told her that i would like to ride it from N.Y. to CA if there is a problem... her reply was no.... so i might fly there to see what's up with the company.... and maybe see what happens deal or no deal.......give me some feed back what all of you think..:chat: later

I don't see this firm listed on BRP's authorized dealer list. Where are they getting the Spyders from? This deal smells bad. Be careful, Man.

aka1004
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't see this firm listed on BRP's authorized dealer list. Where are they getting the Spyders from? This deal smells bad. Be careful, Man.

they are not even a Polaris dealer...
may be there is only one complain against them because only one have fallen for their scam? :dontknow:

SpyderGirl
04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
This smells very fishy to me.... usually if it sounds too good to be true, it is! I hate hearing about people getting screwed, I see it every day at work. Makes me sick when I discover people stealing eldery people's money from their account or scamming them with this lottery crap.

I hope it works out for you. :pray:

Firefly
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Why is this listed in Orlando if they are in NY?

Sure sounds strange. The one phone number is a NY number, the other is Orlando.....

Strange.

No way would I buy this without being there IN PERSON to do the deal.

SpyderGirl
04-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Why is this listed in Orlando if they are in NY?

Sure sounds strange. The one phone number is a NY number, the other is Orlando.....

Strange.

No way would I buy this without being there IN PERSON to do the deal.

For sure! And offers to ship vehicles like this at prices that are so askew from the MSRP are almost always fraudulent or have hidden terms or conditions.

letsroll
04-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Hey guys.... thanks to all of you:2thumbs:.... I called today at Wisor's Polaris and ask to speak to connie(the owner) instead i spoke to the husband ... I ask if he had an employee name raquel....he said no....i told him what took place he was not aware... i told him that i wanted to buy a syder rt-s se5 he use to sell them years ago and now he just works on repairs on atv,snowmobile,tracters etc.... he went on saying that the dealer down the road sells them Weaver Power Sports (716) 693-1500 owners name is Mike Weaver.... i might take action in finding out more about this outfit that is trying to scan people... i would need to find out on how to go about it...any input let me know:chat:..later

SpyderGirl
04-08-2010, 01:30 PM
PLEASE report this! You can start by reporting it to eBay to get the ad taken down.

M2Wild
04-08-2010, 01:33 PM
When its too good to be true, its a scam. When will people realize ... there are NO free lunch out there.

Firefly
04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey guys.... thanks to all of you:2thumbs:.... I called today at Wisor's Polaris and ask to speak to connie(the owner) instead i spoke to the husband ... I ask if he had an employee name raquel....he said no....i told him what took place he was not aware... i told him that i wanted to buy a syder rt-s se5 he use to sell them years ago and now he just works on repairs on atv,snowmobile,tracters etc.... he went on saying that the dealer down the road sells them Weaver Power Sports (716) 693-1500 owners name is Mike Weaver.... i might take action in finding out more about this outfit that is trying to scan people... i would need to find out on how to go about it...any input let me know:chat:..later

This whole thing just keeps getting more fishy by the minute.

He said he 'used to sell RT-S SE5 years ago' ????

Considering they have only been on the market for about 6 months... this is just more BS info.......

This is either just some scam.... or just someone playing games.....

dltang
04-08-2010, 04:50 PM

This whole thing just keeps getting more fishy by the minute.

He said he 'used to sell RT-S SE5 years ago' ????

Considering they have only been on the market for about 6 months... this is just more BS info.......

This is either just some scam.... or just someone playing games.....
Yeah, I noticed the "years ago" remark too. Since the very first ever Can_AM Spyder was only released in late fall of 2007, I don't think of that as "years ago" Many things not right about this.