PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Weather

Dragonrider
04-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Well, while we were able to ryde in January & February, now we get a cold wet spring... :( .

Last weekend, I took the Spyder to my daughter's place on Bald Peak - it's a nice twisty road, and I was pushing the Spyder fairly hard. I had a CR following me, until I grabbed a short-cut, and it caught back up on Bald Peak Road - I was moving fast enough, that the CR couldn't pass, but he was locked on by back tyre - until I popped off on a gravel road... He hit the skids and watched me roll over the hill on the gravel, that he wouldn't dare traverse..:D

Was a hoot - I'll wager he and his buds will be talking about "what was that thing??" for weeks !!! :roflblack:

VaughnCat
04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Crazy weather for certain! But Saturday, we saw a 'sucker hole' and made a mad dash to Brookings on the coast 150+ miles , even tho it was 44 degrees. Hit a really good rain storm, lots of wind, but it was great to be out on the Spyder again. It was a great opportunity to see not only how the :ani29: handled the wet roads but also what kind of rain issues we would have riding 2 up.

The :ani29: handles great on wet pavement and it's amazing how dry we were . . . with the exception of some drops off the back of my husband's helmet (driver), we really didn't get wet.

Yesterday it snowed most of the day and last night :( .... but it's supposed to be 65 by Wednesday!!!!! :yes::yes:

Dragonrider
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I huddle in my cage on days like that!! I have yet to get caught in the rain on the Spyder..

Have you installed a sway bar yet? Probably the best farkle I've added so far. It added 10mph to my corners - but that's on a SM5, not a RT...

8 Legged Freak
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I huddle in my cage on days like that!! I have yet to get caught in the rain on the Spyder..

Have you installed a sway bar yet? Probably the best farkle I've added so far. It added 10mph to my corners - but that's on a SM5, not a RT...

Waiting for Ken at Evolizon, however you spell it, as they just sent out 3 RT sway bars for testing the install process. Should be on the market soon, I will get one. Hate the body roll on tight corners.

Had to ride in the rain to get the RT in for service, windshield up, didn't really get wet. Handled well on wet surfaces.

NewRider
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=VaughnCat;194735]Crazy weather for certain! But Saturday, we saw a 'sucker hole' and made a mad dash to Brookings on the coast 150+ miles , even tho it was 44 degrees.

Brought back some memories...I lived in Brookings from 1987 to 2007. Nice scenery, beautiful area, but incredibly boring town. Often wonder what it would be like to ride my 2009 SE5 the entire length of Highway 101. At age 68, my time to do it is starting to wind down...:ani29:

groundeffect
04-21-2010, 05:10 AM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Well, the weather here in Newfoundland has been great this winter and I've been getting lots of riding in (with weekly wash-downs and rust-check under coatings to protect from the salt). However, now in spring, like you, we're getting a good bit of rain. It is a task trying to stay dry, but I'm doing the best I can. Need to run some more errands again this morning and there is another call for rain. Hoping it will hold off a little while I do my rounds.

All the best from Newfoundland, and here is to us wishing the rains holds up, soon.:thumbup:

Cheers.

Well, while we were able to ryde in January & February, now we get a cold wet spring... :( .

Last weekend, I took the Spyder to my daughter's place on Bald Peak - it's a nice twisty road, and I was pushing the Spyder fairly hard. I had a CR following me, until I grabbed a short-cut, and it caught back up on Bald Peak Road - I was moving fast enough, that the CR couldn't pass, but he was locked on by back tyre - until I popped off on a gravel road... He hit the skids and watched me roll over the hill on the gravel, that he wouldn't dare traverse..:D

Was a hoot - I'll wager he and his buds will be talking about "what was that thing??" for weeks !!! :roflblack: