PDA

View Full Version : Guess its my turn!

spydrn
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Today was a nice day so I decided to go for a long ride before I deploy to the sandbox. The temperatures ranged from 46-62 degrees don't if that matters though. About 2hrs into the trip my steering started to drift towards the on coming traffic. The first time I was doing 90 mph. I tried to move it back to the left when the steering jerked left. This went on the the entire trip home. Its scared the bejesus out of me a few times :yikes:. Its a 2008 SE with about 1400 miles on it. This was also the first time I took my spyder our for a trip like this. Is the is dreaded DSS problem I have been reading so much about??

docdoru
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Dealer time ASAP nojoke

boborgera
04-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Today was a nice day so I decided to go for a long ride before I deploy to the sandbox. The temperatures ranged from 46-62 degrees don't if that matters though. About 2hrs into the trip my steering started to drift towards the on coming traffic. The first time I was doing 90 mph. I tried to move it back to the left when the steering jerked left. This went on the the entire trip home. Its scared the bejesus out of me a few times :yikes:. Its a 2008 SE with about 1400 miles on it. This was also the first time I took my spyder our for a trip like this. Is the is dreaded DSS problem I have been reading so much about??

:(
Sure sounds like it! Take it in it can only get worst, sorry to say.

musicarcade
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Tag!
Your It!:D
If you have a decent service dept. it shouldn't take too long. If you don't, it should be fixed by the time you come back from the sand box.
Good luck on both counts!

SpyderWolf
04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Tag!
Your It!:D
If you have a decent service dept. it shouldn't take too long. If you don't, it should be fixed by the time you come back from the sand box.
Good luck on both counts!

:agree: Best of luck with getting it fixed, and on your deployment. Thanks for your service as well.

Wheeler~
04-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Sorry to hear about DSS but maybe by the time of your safe return they'll have a fix for you!

sabunim5
04-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Please report it to the NHTSA. :pray:

spydrn
04-06-2010, 07:04 PM
"Please report it to the NHTSA."

I am going to hold of on reporting it to NHTSA. I believe in letting BRP handle the situation first. Stuff happens with every thing we own. Just about every vehicle I have owned has had some kind of recall or something. Grant it the DSP hasn't been recalled but it is a man made machine nothings perfect. I wont be able to try it out before I get back but hopefully everything will be ok. The dealer did say that they would deliver it to my house for me. My wife doesn't know how to drive it. Hopefully I will be able to give you a report in a few weeks when we get communication..:2thumbs:

spydrn
05-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Hello all Spyder Ryders!!
All is well from this Saqndy HOT!!:cus: place. Been here a few weeks and already missing the Spyder, which is still in the shop for the DSS. Guess they have another 5 months to fix it...LOL!!I saw a old "70s area" motorcycle in the town the other day. Thinking about going to buy one to tool around the base with....Walking around on these damn rocks is killling me...