PDA

View Full Version : Production of RT's stopped for this year

sdcatman
04-03-2010, 03:16 PM
:dontknow:Has anyone heard that BRP has stopped producing RT models for the year our salesman told this to my wife I find this hard to believe just asking I believe this to be a sales tactic but don't know

Lamonster
04-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I heard this from another member and this is the reply I got from BRP.

Lamont,

Not the case. Actually, we have started our TV campaign this last Monday across USA (the biggest marketing campaign ever in the history of BRP), and we have received calls from dealers saying they are starting to receive leads like never before, plus major increase in web traffic.

I am surprise to ear that one. Maybe the dealer has sold all the units he had.

Philippe Normand, P. Eng, MBA, CMC
Marketing Manager, Can-Am Spyder Roadster
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP)

Cruisin Dave
04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I just saw one of the TV spots a few minutes ago. Nice commercial.

I do find it troubling that so many dealers (and/or their staff) seem to be completely clueless or just make crap up for some reason. Of course, I have had this happen at other car and bike dealers over the years too.

When we bought one of the first Chrysler PT Cruisers back in 2000, I knew more about the car than anyone did at the dealer and they are a large dealer not some small-town outfit. They tried to impress me with their "wealth" of knowledge on the car, some of which was completely untrue!

My buddy got all kinds of sketchy info on the RT-S as he was shopping dealers for one to buy. Some of them didn't seem to know what all came with the bike. When the dealer he finally struck a deal with ordered the comm/CB unit, they didn't know they needed the harness to hook it up. Then they forgot to install the antenna! Sheesh! :sour:

aka1004
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
i am seeing A LOT spyder commercials on many different channels.
it's just sad i am here watching tv instead of ryding it....
in shop again.

TicketBait
04-03-2010, 05:24 PM
:dontknow:Has anyone heard that BRP has stopped producing RT models for the year our salesman told this to my wife I find this hard to believe just asking I believe this to be a sales tactic but don't know

When I was at my Dealership yesterday, The General Sales manager told me that my RT was about to go up in value and become more rare, I said whatcha ya mean, his initial allotment for the year was cut from 89 to 22 from BRP :yikes:

Since I got mine there Jan29th he said they had sold and delivered 5 more RT's

BajaRon
04-04-2010, 12:51 AM
It does sound a bit odd that BRP would put a lot of money out for advertising and then cut production. Unless there are a lot of RT's sitting in showrooms (which I do not think is the case) it would be a pretty crazy stradegy on BRP's part.

TOM T.
04-04-2010, 03:02 AM
When I was at my dealer picking up my RTS on Saturday he said the same thing. That Brp was cutting his allotment for the year. He said that they were doing this because they could not keep up the demand and to force the dealers to sell them at full MSRP price and to not discount them.:hun: