PDA

View Full Version : Oh the pain

2manycars
04-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I just added the 4 inch risers and thought any riding discomfort would be gone.
My back doesn't hurt, now it is more in my lower shoulder blade. I have no idea which way to set it up-do i lower the the bars and use them as an extension only? Do I raise the bars and use them to increase the height of the bars? I have tired a few different ways and after a short time I stll get that upper back.shoulder blade issue.

My other issue is with my legs and knees> i can not find a comfortable position wit my legs bent so far back. In retrospect perhaps I should have gotten the more comfortable RT but the price difference made it undoable for me.(over 6K)

Any comfort adding ideas would help.

bodymanpainter
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I had to put the 7 inch pull back handle bars from kewlmetal with the BRP 1 inch risor on my wife's 08 GS and also changed the stock seat to the Corbin seat with the back rest. Thinking about putting the running boards with the heal to toe shifter on it next to make it more comfortable.
But it still won't be as comfortable as my RTS. But it is faster!:spyder:

BajaRon
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
I just added the 4 inch risers and thought any riding discomfort would be gone.
My back doesn't hurt, now it is more in my lower shoulder blade. I have no idea which way to set it up-do i lower the the bars and use them as an extension only? Do I raise the bars and use them to increase the height of the bars? I have tired a few different ways and after a short time I stll get that upper back.shoulder blade issue.

My other issue is with my legs and knees> i can not find a comfortable position wit my legs bent so far back. In retrospect perhaps I should have gotten the more comfortable RT but the price difference made it undoable for me.(over 6K)

Any comfort adding ideas would help.

How tall are you?

Amanda B
04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
For the legs, why not try highway brackets and pegs so you can at least stretch out a bit? As far as the risers, I wouldn't know on that one...I've just kept the bike as is in that respect.

2manycars
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I am 5'11. I wondered if there was some sort of "running board" that allowed safe use of the heel rather than to toe for the brakes?

SpyderWolf
04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
As far as the risers, I wouldn't know on that one...I've just kept the bike as is in that respect.

That has got to be a quote for the record book. :D :joke:

BajaRon
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I get a sharp pain between the shoulder blades just to the right side of my spine. It happens no matter what motorcycle I ride. Some are worse than others.

The NMN 4" risers helped but nothing cures it other than not riding and that's not an option yet.

It takes about an hour to start being noticable and after 2 or 3 it can be unbearable if I don't do things like move around, take my left hand off the handle bars, etc.

Putting cruise control on helps a lot. That allows me to take my right hand off the bars. With good management I can go all day long with tolerable discomfort.

So far it's the best I've been able to do.

It must be genetic because my brother and my dad both have the same problem.