PDA

View Full Version : A scary tale about headlights!

jeff0110
04-02-2010, 05:29 PM
I was driving home at 5:30am this morning after work and had just gotten on the highway when my headlights turned off then back on. I had just changed lanes so I thought maybe something was loose. So anyways I continued down the highway at 70mph and then for no apparent reason the headlights shut off again and then turned back on within a few seconds. I was running blind, if even for a few seconds it was plane scary. It has never happened before and I hope it never happens again. I did look at the headlight relay and it seemed well snug in it's place and not at all loose. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what is the fix? Could there be a short somewhere? I was just looking for some input on what may have happened. Thanks.

Smylinacha
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM
When we were riding back from TN last year, Roaddog's headlights did that on and off the whole time. Not sure what was up w/ that - maybe he'll chime in on here.

I was driving home at 5:30am this morning after work and had just gotten on the highway when my headlights turned off then back on. I had just changed lanes so I thought maybe something was loose. So anyways I continued down the highway at 70mph and then for no apparent reason the headlights shut off again and then turned back on within a few seconds. I was running blind, if even for a few seconds it was plane scary. It has never happened before and I hope it never happens again. I did look at the headlight relay and it seemed well snug in it's place and not at all loose. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what is the fix? Could there be a short somewhere? I was just looking for some input on what may have happened. Thanks.

freebob
04-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Sounds like a bad relay There one of the three all same relay in front fuse panel try switching them around if it happens again Bob (freebob) :doorag:

jeff0110
04-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tip I'll try using a new relay as I have spares to see if that helps.