PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

2manycars
04-02-2010, 04:04 PM
1-Is there an ideal shift point for the SE-I am not used to the "clunking" I get when I shift, though this is my first non-CVT-I previously rode Max-Scooters.

2-Is there anything that can be done ease the knee/leg pain due to the leg back position-I wondered of there was any kind of extension, for the braje pedal and or a way to extend the legs and use (safely_ the heel of the foot for braking.

I have the handlebar issue on the way to being corrected, though I am getting some upper mid back pain after my rides-I have extenders and may have to tweak them some.

fastfraser
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
1-Is there an ideal shift point for the SE-I am not used to the "clunking" I get when I shift, though this is my first non-CVT-I previously rode Max-Scooters.

2-Is there anything that can be done ease the knee/leg pain due to the leg back position-I wondered of there was any kind of extension, for the braje pedal and or a way to extend the legs and use (safely_ the heel of the foot for braking.

I have the handlebar issue on the way to being corrected, though I am getting some upper mid back pain after my rides-I have extenders and may have to tweak them some.

The :spyder2: likes high RPMs . I shift at about 5-5500 RPM. If you do a search on this site you will find a lot of options for your comfort needs. I know ICSI, one of the sponsors on this site has floor boards . Also try not to hold on to tight when you drive . As you get used to the :spyder2: and get rid of the death grip you won't have that tense feeling in your back.

Sarge707
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I find you need to shift AFTER 4,000 rpm,s for it too shift smooth. Depending on my mood I shift between 4,100 and 4,600!

SpyderWolf
04-02-2010, 09:24 PM

The Spyder likes higher RPMs than most machines you probably ran before. I usually don't shift my SE5 until I am above 5,000 RPM and it is smooth. Over 6,000 RPM works great as well. :thumbup:

ISCI makes the floor boards, and ESI has highway peg brackets available. They are both sponsors of this site, and you can find links to their web sites on the home page.

Have fun and ryde safe.

Tom in NM
04-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Hmmmmm. My SE5 never "clunks" when I shift - which is usually at least 3,500 to 4,000 rpm.

When it was new, it would "clunk" when I shifted into and out-of Reverse, but now it is usually so smooth, I have to look at the dash or flashers to know that it shifted. Since you have just a couple of posts, I am guessing your Spyder is new. As it breaks in, it should smooth out and you should notice a difference after your 600 mile service.

As far as the sore knees go, wait until you get you handlebars adjusted ( it sounds like you are getting risers ). They will allow you to sit further back and you will find your knees will not be pushed out by the Spyder's body. That was my experience.

You don't give any indication of your build, but my guess is that you are sitting too forward and leaning forward now.

Tom