PDA

View Full Version : RT Gear Position Sensor Update

BumbleBee
04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I had a problem with my gear shift, and beyond....
Mine was delayed, loud clunking noise, and went on like this for the past couple of days, and then this....
While out ryding yesterday, my RT died on me three times, all kinds of lights flashing on my dash board, then the Transmission Fault Code came on, and then a Error code.
Right after that I couldn't down shift anymore either, my gear was stuck in third. I had to push it several times and pretty hard to get it to go to 1, which it never did (E was showing instead of 1).
Kept my cool, stayed calm, and didn't panic. :D
All this happening with my son as my passenger, heavy traffic, and luckily my husband was with me on his bike. I got us home. I was scarred but I stayed calm and did not panic!
Called the Dealer, and in the shop it went this morning.
There is an update, which was just send out, you might want to check with your Dealer.
It's a Gear Position Sensor Initialization.
The computer will learn the shift patterns.
I also had 3 other updates, can't remember what they were (this all toke about 2 hours).

I went ryding when we got back home. The RT is running smooth, no loud gear shifting, running great again.
I hope this info helps, check with your Dealers and get your updates!

Lamonster
04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Glad they were able to get you back on track. :thumbup:

westgl
04-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey cant they broadcast those updates out over a satellite and have our RT's pick up the updates needed for each individual machine.

This sounds so much easier

I have no idea when to take it in for updates?

When they are available, what they do , if I already have it or not.

High tech. is great when it works.

But, Low tech can be more reliable, and not need constant attention.

Take a rock for instance, not much you gotta do to keep it performing at it optimum.

Westgl

ThreeWheels
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey cant they broadcast those updates out over a satellite and have our RT's pick up the updates needed for each individual machine.

This sounds so much easier

I have no idea when to take it in for updates?

When they are available, what they do , if I already have it or not.

High tech. is great when it works.

But, Low tech can be more reliable, and not need constant attention.

Take a rock for instance, not much you gotta do to keep it performing at it optimum.

Westgl

I agree totally. Remember what happened to the Colonial Battle Fleet. The Cylons wiped them all out with a virus, except for Gallactica, which was so outdated the virus didn't work.