PDA

View Full Version : BRP back on Two Wheels!

Buelldog
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Look for an official announcement that BRP is doing a joint venture with Eric Buell Racing to build street sport bikes!These will be tagged Bomber Motorcycles and feature 60 degree V-Twin motors @ 1190cc.Dry weight @ 365 lbs.First models should be available for sale in late 2010.Look for the announcement tomorrow........info was leaked today which is ???? April 1st.....speculation??? Suppose to be the real straight skinny though!Guess we will see!!:dontknow: :yikes::2thumbs::thumbup:

3whlLefty
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Let's see now...

A new company called 'Bomber' Motorcycles
Today's date: Apr 1, 2010

Things that make you go HMMMM!!! :dontknow:

We're all standing by!

spyryder
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/bomber-motorcycles-erik-buell-brp-street-bike/:popcorn:

jeuchler
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Look for an official announcement that BRP is doing a joint venture with Eric Buell Racing to build street sport bikes!These will be tagged Bomber Motorcycles and feature 60 degree V-Twin motors @ 1190cc.Dry weight @ 365 lbs.First models should be available for sale in late 2010.Look for the announcement tomorrow........info was leaked today which is ???? April 1st.....speculation??? Suppose to be the real straight skinny though!Guess we will see!!:dontknow: :yikes::2thumbs::thumbup:

Good one, but it ranks up there with pointing to the ground and telling someone "Hey, look, your head fell off." :roflblack:

UPDATE 2: Avril Foujour of BRP has made a statement to Asphalt & Rubber confirming the press leak. (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/bomber-motorcycles-erik-buell-brp-street-bike/)

"Avril" = April

"Fou"= Fool

"Jour"= Day

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Bomber-Motorcycles-560x188.png

DynamoBT
04-01-2010, 06:09 PM
You know? It wouldn't be half bad if it was true. Hated to see Harley drop Buell. Someone should pick him up if it's not against his severance contract with Harley.nojoke

Smylinacha
04-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd take one if they can make a 2 wheeler with a low enough seat height for me.

Bersquack
04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
"Avril" = April

"Fou"= Fool

"Jour"= Day

You are right on Jeuchler! Being french canadian I spotted it right away. Still wish it was true though.:ohyea:

Roaddog2
04-01-2010, 07:39 PM
have to put them engines into something I like the dry weight :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Smylinacha
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
have to put them engines into something I like the dry weight :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Then you won't be 1 Trike Mike anymore! You haven't been that long enough - you need to be that way for a while before you buy something else. Don't you know that?!:2thumbs:

I'm doing good, you can no longer call me smylinachacan'tmakeupherf*kingmindonwhichbiketobuy . I'm due now though LOL!

rnet
04-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd take one if they can make a 2 wheeler with a low enough seat height for me.Kim is always joking and making fun of herself about her height, so I thought I'd add to it. Last year we had a meet & greet at the hillsdale diner and she was sitting on my bike checking out the floorboards and for some reason I asked her to stand up and her height did not change. I then made a comment to the fact that even standing the windshield had her covered. Remember that Kim.:roflblack:

Smylinacha
04-02-2010, 06:33 PM
:2thumbs: Yup I remember that! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I drove HDX's diesel truck up the driveway today - you would have LAUGHED at that one! Way too big, you couldn't see me in it.

Kim is always joking and making fun of herself about her height, so I thought I'd add to it. Last year we had a meet & greet at the hillsdale diner and she was sitting on my bike checking out the floorboards and for some reason I asked her to stand up and her height did not change. I then made a comment to the fact that even standing the windshield had her covered. Remember that Kim.:roflblack:

BajaRon
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Hoax or not. I'd say it is a smart move (not withstanding the proposed name).

Buell has a great following and instant name recognition. Harley says they were losing money on the Buell but hey! They lost money on every product they carried last year.

I'm not sure it was the motorcycle that lost money. If you check, Harley has been named one of the 10 worst managed companies in America.

Buell was already using the Rotax engine and Can-Am has always wanted a street presence. Looks like a marrage made in heaven to me.

widowmaker2011
04-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Ironically , before the Spyder got introduced there were several 2 wheel cruiser prototypes spotted more than a few times on the BRP proving grounds in Fla.... They are out there boys , Buell or not , its just a matter of time. :doorag:

Smylinacha
04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah you had to direct me when to stop since I couldn't see over the hood and that is with the seat being adjusted at the highest it could go. but if I had to I could drive it in an emergency (and create chaos LOL!)

hahahahaha..........

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=8575

jeuchler
04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Apparently the folks at Erik Buell Racing spent hours responding to phone and email questions about the hoax Bomber motorcycle (http://www.bombermotorcycles.com/).

(By the way, HDX's diesel truck is a hoax...)

Way2Fast
04-03-2010, 12:16 PM
BRPeee's Palm Bay Florida test center is under some of the tightest security ever. Word has it they will be introducing a new product for each of the next 3 years. They sure don't let any moss grow on their feet....but it would be nice if they spent the time on improving existing product instead of being in a race against themselves to come out with new stuff !