PDA

View Full Version : DPS poll who's had it

spyder_RT
04-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I have been told the DPS for my wife's 08 spyder is on back order. The reason why this is not a wide spread problem for the DPS to go out they can fix most bikes with the software update. My wife's bike needs the DPS it had already had the update done on it. What has yours had done to it. Nothing done to it. Software update done only. Software update and DPS done. DPS plus sensors replaced. :chat:

Firefly
04-01-2010, 09:03 AM
I have been told the DPS for my wife's 08 spyder is on back order. The reason why this is not a wide spread problem for the DPS to go out they can fix most bikes with the software update. My wife's bike needs the DPS it had already had the update done on it. What has yours had done to it. Nothing done to it. Software update done only. Software update and DPS done. DPS plus sensors replaced. :chat:

Many were also fixed with the GPS sensor being replaced......

dltang
04-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Many were also fixed with the GPS sensor being replaced......

Yup, mine was the GPS not the DPS.

spyder_RT
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I wish I could change the last one to just sensors replaced I tried to but can't edit that part

spyder_RT
04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Just like to say if you have not done anything you should get your bike in for the update my wife's steering went out going up the last mountain into Payson AZ it tried to take her off the road into a cliff never went into limp mode at all. I hope replacing the DPS will fix it for good I am not trying to get rid of my wife would like to keep her around a lot longer.

Yazz
04-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I recently had both updates done. Waited until after our road trip to do it though. (If its working why fix it?)

Never had a malfunction before or after the update.

Hope a new DPS does the job and gets your wife back on the road.