PDA

View Full Version : THUNDER BEACH PANAMA CITY FL APR 29 - MAY 2

FANG
03-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Just a note to see if anyone is interested in attending Thunder Beach Rally this year. Usually I just travel down for the Saturday and rerurn later that night. Will be travelling from Pensacola, FL along HWY 98 to the Rally. Send a PM or post here if you are interested and we can set something up.

Wheeler~
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
I would be interested in more information. Is there a hotel with a group rate if we get enough people to participate? How many days are you intending to stay? This might be a fun ride!

FANG
04-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Usually only go over for Saturday. Just a little over an 1 hour ryde from Pensacola to Panama City unless I make stops. Have never explored the possiblity of group rates at the motels. Usually the sponsors of the Rally have great deals anyway for room with Gulf views.

Not sure if I will be ryding with anyone this year or just going it alone. I have doen it both ways. Of course, always better with a group.

I have attached the link to the website for the Rally.

http://www.thunderbeachproductions.com/

Wheeler~
04-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Usually only go over for Saturday. Just a little over an 1 hour ryde from Pensacola to Panama City unless I make stops. Have never explored the possiblity of group rates at the motels. Usually the sponsors of the Rally have great deals anyway for room with Gulf views.

Not sure if I will be ryding with anyone this year or just going it alone. I have doen it both ways. Of course, always better with a group.

I have attached the link to the website for the Rally.

http://www.thunderbeachproductions.com/

Thanks for the reply!!!!! As it turns out I will be unable to make the event anyway. I have a previous engagement that my wife reminded me of.

FANG
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe another time. Would like to be able to meet some of the ryders from central and south fl. Have met Doc and Forrest - great people. will have to see if our little group can meet up with some of you in the future.

ryde safe

Wheeler~
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Maybe another time. Would like to be able to meet some of the ryders from central and south fl. Have met Doc and Forrest - great people. will have to see if our little group can meet up with some of you in the future.

ryde safe

:2thumbs:

BikerDoc
09-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Just a note to see if anyone is interested in attending Thunder Beach Rally this year. Usually I just travel down for the Saturday and rerurn later that night. Will be travelling from Pensacola, FL along HWY 98 to the Rally. Send a PM or post here if you are interested and we can set something up.
I will be riding up from Clermont Florida Wed the 29th and staying in town Wed through Friday nights. Let me know if any Spyder Ryders plan to meet up somewhare. I will be at Bay Point Marriott.

FANG
09-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Sabunim5 and myself will be in PCB for Thunder Beach - arriving Sat Oct 2 in the am and will be returning sun Oct 3 can't get over there any sooner due to work schedule and prior commitment on Friday Oct 1.

gene0108
09-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I will be arriving Friday around 1:00-2:00. I am also staying at the Marriot. See you there.

Gene and Rhonda

PCBeachBum
09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll be here waiting for y'all and this time with the new DPS. Its going in next week and was told that the next new DPS unit that comes in, they will give me a call.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and ryde safe.

Brian

kalavera
09-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I might cage it up there. Cant ride my spyder right now due to shoulder injury...

BikerDoc
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
This event was awesome. The vendors and entertainment were more extensive than Daytona.. I can't understand whey BRP/Can Am doesn't demo at an event like this when they plan to be at the Sanford Bikefest.. Out of tens of thousands of bikes I only saw one other Spyder during my entire stay

PCBeachBum
10-07-2010, 07:17 AM
This event was awesome. The vendors and entertainment were more extensive than Daytona.. I can't understand whey BRP/Can Am doesn't demo at an event like this when they plan to be at the Sanford Bikefest.. Out of tens of thousands of bikes I only saw one other Spyder during my entire stay

Was the Spyder silver?

Wed. afternoon, I was at Black Jack Custom Cycle. I was inside a black trailer talking to a pinstripper. The owner of Black Jack's came to the door and talking to him, I saw a Black RT-S. I'm guessing it was you, since the only Spyder on the beach is mine.

I did see several more over the weekend and was with gene0108 and his wife on their Blue RT-S. They arrived Friday around 2 pm and I met them at Winn-Dixie, next to the road going to the Marriot.

Perhaps at the next Thunder Beach, if your here we can get together.

Ryde Safe,

Brian.

BikerDoc
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
When I come back for the Spring Rally I will definitely contact you directly to set up meet.. I was there Wed afternoon on black RTS so likely me. I roamed the area through Friday mid day before heading back so I could Catch Run to the Heartland in Sebring on Sunday

PCBeachBum
10-08-2010, 05:44 AM
It seem this Rally gets bigger better every year. Going to Franklin Park on Saturday, there had to be a couple thousand bikes there for the burnouts and many one of a kind bikes and trikes. One was dedicated to the USMC and what a paint job on that.

I got a link from gene0108, that has pictures of that event and the vendors we stopped at and will see if I can download some of his, to post.

One popular place besides Ms Newbies was Pier Park. Its like a village with all business's in it. Its like a mall but, its all outside. With bikes parked on both sides of the road as far as you could see.

My pictures looked great without my glasses but with them, ahh just a bit blurry. I'm going to try to touch them up and if I can, I'll post them.

I'm already looking forward to the next Thunder Beach and will be looking forward to meeting you. When I saw you it was like a Blur going by but I did see the black RT. Black Jack's is on Thomas Dr, just before the light and the beginning of the Navy Base.

They had a band, food stand and bike washing there and worked on over 50 bikes doing repairs and lighting. They began at 7 am on Tuesday thru Saturday night, were there til after midnight doing bikes.

Ryde safe,
Brian.