PDA

View Full Version : Leesburg Bikefest 4/23-4/25

TJ_Spyder
03-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Anybody in the Tampa area planning a ride to the Leesburg Bikefest?

http://leesburgbikefest.com/Bikefest/index.htm

babyanlee
03-30-2010, 05:36 AM
maybe us - I havent asked baby about it yet

Wheeler~
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Very interested. We try to make Bikefest every year. It's continuously becoming a better gathering annually. It would be nice to determine several hook up points for Spyder ryders who would like join the ride to Leesburg to participate. A few of the people I ride with have already voiced an interest!

RocketLady
03-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Coming to Leesburg Fl Bikefest and need a safe & secure place to stay? I have a guest home, furnished, 2 bed/2 bath, sleeps four, on 10 wooded acres. Vacation package 4 days, 3 nights. After Bikefest ride the great forest roads ! Call Lauri at 352-408-6054 or email thirdtemplemusic@earthlink.net :2thumbs:

InspectorGadget
04-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I have been to Leesburg for many years, but this is the first year going with my new spyder.
I realize that the spyder may be to wide to ride through the downtown area. My question is, is there a Spyder corral for Spyder parking somewhere, or do the spyder owners meet up somewhere to share their add-ons or riding experiences?
Thanks C-YA RL

LDFIREWORKS
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
i will be there fri and sat comming from new smyrna bch :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2excited:

Wheeler~
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I have been to Leesburg for many years, but this is the first year going with my new spyder.
I realize that the spyder may be to wide to ride through the downtown area. My question is, is there a Spyder corral for Spyder parking somewhere, or do the spyder owners meet up somewhere to share their add-ons or riding experiences?
Thanks C-YA RL

Great Question!!! It's my first year with a Spyder also. I'll have to research this and as the BRP reps said at Daytona Speedway Bike Week, "It's under investigation". :roflblack:

I'll let you know what I find out and If you find something out first, let me know! The side roads are always wide enough, but like you, I know it would be too narrow to drive a Spyder down the main drag. Maybe someone else knows.

RocketLady
04-04-2010, 09:21 PM
I have rode my Spyder to Bikefest and never had a problem finding parking, but not on the main road thru downtown. There are many parking lots that charge but are safe and plenty of room. You will see lots of Spyders there and it is a great BikeFest. I actually like it much better than Daytona Bike Week. Have fun !:2thumbs:

Wheeler~
04-05-2010, 07:32 AM
I have rode my Spyder to Bikefest and never had a problem finding parking, but not on the main road thru downtown. There are many parking lots that charge but are safe and plenty of room. You will see lots of Spyders there and it is a great BikeFest. I actually like it much better than Daytona Bike Week. Have fun !:2thumbs:

Hope to see you and Rocket Man there!:2thumbs:

effgjamis
04-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Well ..... last year a number of us spyders rode down the main street.. and yes in alot of cases we had some very close tolerance's for the spyder.. However, who really knows about the main street parking until you get there..Also I question as to how the emergency vehicles navigate the street.

InspectorGadget
04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Well ..... last year a number of us spyders rode down the main street.. and yes in alot of cases we had some very close tolerance's for the spyder.. However, who really knows about the main street parking until you get there..Also I question as to how the emergency vehicles navigate the street.
The RT shows 3" wider than the RS, so I don't think I want to take the chance of damaging my new ride. I will try to find a way into the side streets and a pay parking area.
Anyone heard if there is a location that the spyders are going to meet?
Thanks C-YA RL

Wheeler~
04-08-2010, 06:07 PM
The RT shows 3" wider than the RS, so I don't think I want to take the chance of damaging my new ride. I will try to find a way into the side streets and a pay parking area.
Anyone heard if there is a location that the spyders are going to meet?
Thanks C-YA RL
That 3" difference concerned me also, but Forrest has a very good point about emergency vehicles. The only emergency vehicle access alternative would be the side streets. Still wouldn't miss Bikefest!

InspectorGadget
04-12-2010, 06:11 AM
OK Spyder Lovers. I haven't heard anything from you guys so far.
I went on the Leesburg Bikefest site and looked up parking spots.
It looks like I will try to park in the Beacon College lot on the NE corner of Magnolia and S Palmetto St. The information says that the money will go toward a scholarship fund and I think that is a good enough cause. It is only 1 block from Main St. and access is off 44 via Palmetto.
I look forward to seeing many :f_spider::f_spider::f_spider:at Leesburg.
C-YA RL

RocketLady
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
You picked a great spot. I have taught many special needs students from the college.
I still have a nice secluded rental place available if anyone needs it for the weekend. Furnished 2 bed/2bath doublewide(new) 15 miles from Leesburg BikeFest and near the great riding roads into the forest and springs. Call 352-408-2117 or email thirdtemplemusic@earthlink.net.

dave01
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
See ya all there

Wheeler~
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
See ya all there

Hope to see you all Saturday as I'll be walking Main Street and checking out the vendors.

dave01
04-23-2010, 07:09 AM
See ya all there on Saturday. I'll be checking out the vendors too.

cdragut
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Very interested. We try to make Bikefest every year. It's continuously becoming a better gathering annually. It would be nice to determine several hook up points for Spyder ryders who would like join the ride to Leesburg to participate. A few of the people I ride with have already voiced an interest!

Hi,

Are you a SCRC member? I'm with Chapter #115 in Jax. We are coming down to Leesburg Saturday morning.
All the best.

InspectorGadget
04-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Well I guess we just couldn't get our spyders together.
We were there early enough to drive down main street, but it was extreamly tight in some spots.
We parked at Beacon College and the RT could be seen while walking on the Main St S sidewalk. We saw 2 other spyders parked there, but no RTs.
The weather was beautiful and the event was evan larger than last year.
I hope wheeler and dave had a good time. Sorry we didn't hookup. Maybe next year.
C-YA RL

dave01
04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
They wouldnt let me go down mainstreet, so we parked a street away. Saw a Black RTS and 4 RS Spyders while I was there. Way too crowded

Wheeler~
04-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi,

Are you a SCRC member? I'm with Chapter #115 in Jax. We are coming down to Leesburg Saturday morning.
All the best.

Just saw your post today. I'm an ex-SCRC member. Long story.....politics! Sorry we missed you yesterday. 3 of us Spyder owners made the trip together. Got there around 10 am and left around 3:30 pm. Sorry we missed you. Had a great day. How about you?

Wheeler~
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
They wouldnt let me go down mainstreet, so we parked a street away. Saw a Black RTS and 4 RS Spyders while I was there. Way too crowded

Surprised to hear that Dave. At about 3 pm, Mike and I with Cynthia and Susan rode down main street to the 27 exit and left from there. It was close but maneuverable and the camera's were flashing. You must be feeling better, huh? You should have called when you got there. Coy had to leave early. That work thing got in the way. Hope to ride this coming weekend again. Will let you know if plans are made. Call me when it's ok to come by. Any day after Wednesday should be great if that works out for you!

Wheeler~
04-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Well I guess we just couldn't get our spyders together.
We were there early enough to drive down main street, but it was extreamly tight in some spots.
We parked at Beacon College and the RT could be seen while walking on the Main St S sidewalk. We saw 2 other spyders parked there, but no RTs.
The weather was beautiful and the event was evan larger than last year.
I hope wheeler and dave had a good time. Sorry we didn't hookup. Maybe next year.
C-YA RL

Sorry we missed you. We only saw one black RTS, other than mine, make the ride down Main and I had just enough room to cruise through. Maybe it was you!!!!! Saw another cruising in on 27 North bound around 3:30 pm. Maybe next year like you said. We should consider a ride to a halfway point between here and there for lunch some Saturday. We're usually up for a nice ride. Let me know what you think about that.