PDA

View Full Version : my sound system

SPYDERGUY1
03-29-2010, 09:06 PM
this is what I came up with after countless hours of searching and talking to others. It is an alpine car deck CDA9886, CD PLAYER and i-pod compatible. Paired with that are DWG waterproof speakers and a completely weather/waterproof wireless remote mounted on handlebars. The deck is mounted on a ( gate hinge -home depot ) so can still utilize the trunk and put 2 helmets in as well. Speakers are mounted to handlebars with zero vibration using a home security aluminum post for signage. Actually took longer to do the research than to install. Incredible sound and can still hear at 70 plus mph. Have hade many comments on this setup from others using non wireless systems which are actually wired. This unit can be operated from over 100 plus feet away. Pics attached, hope it offers some assistance. Installed on a 2008 GS SM Yellow. Any Questions let me know. Sorry forgot pic of 14 " rubber antenna mounted under bottom of truck to keep hidden.:yes:

Desert Spyder
03-29-2010, 09:46 PM
You got all that stuff in your trunk and you can still get two helmets inside? That's amazing! Does the lid still close?

SPYDERGUY1
03-29-2010, 10:33 PM
only thing in the trunk is the deck itself , mounted on the flip up hinge. Yes 2 helmets in the truck and it closes and seals 100% no issues at all..... ITZ GREAT.:2thumbs:

LDFIREWORKS
03-29-2010, 11:20 PM
looks good i like the speakers:2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
03-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I have those same speakers mounted in a similar fashion, however mine are attached to the dash/console. I also don't see how you could get two helmets in there unless they are half helmets. You'll have to tell me your secret. I could never get my XS and the hubby's XL full face helmets in the trunk together... and that was completely empty. nojoke

SPYDERGUY1
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
not at all , both full size helmets, mine xl, and mrs is smaller, sorry do not know size ( typical man ) but both helmets are open face with a flip down shield, and no half /suicide/kamikazee, or whatever else they are called. There were some planning issues with this setup but nothing as fierce as the pre homework to match up all the bits n pieces. once again, hope this helps.

SpyderGirl
03-30-2010, 11:59 PM
not at all , both full size helmets, mine xl, and mrs is smaller, sorry do not know size ( typical man ) but both helmets are open face with a flip down shield, and no half /suicide/kamikazee, or whatever else they are called. There were some planning issues with this setup but nothing as fierce as the pre homework to match up all the bits n pieces. once again, hope this helps.

Your Spyder is special then... I couldn't figure out how to get them both in there.

SPYDERGUY1
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
yes my SPYDER is special to ME, sorry to hear about your loss not being able to put two helmets in the trunk. actually if you look at the brp info/website , i am pretty sure they say you are able to put two in the trunk. Anybody else have any info on this matter???

SpyderGirl
04-01-2010, 11:11 PM
yes my SPYDER is special to ME, sorry to hear about your loss not being able to put two helmets in the trunk. actually if you look at the brp info/website , i am pretty sure they say you are able to put two in the trunk. Anybody else have any info on this matter???

Yeah, it does say that, but for the life of me I never could do it. It's not a big deal, I guess you have better spacial orientation skills than I do. :p

powerbyaj
04-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I have put a open face helmet and full face helmet in the front before. I could see two open face helmets fitting with no problem.

SPYDERGUY1
04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
THANK YOU.:2thumbs:

RoadHammer
04-05-2010, 06:50 PM
i fit 20 pounds of brisket, one 10 pack of beer, 1 pair workboots, and a jacket in the trunk:2thumbs:

SPYDERGUY1
04-05-2010, 09:37 PM
W O W , you fit all that in there ???? You can buy a 10 pack of beer where you live ????? only a six or 12 or 15 or 18 or a flat of 24 here..... looking forward to the trip east. CURIOSITY ( what brand )

SpyderGirl
04-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I got a 44lb bag of dog food in there once, but still can't put our two full face helmets in there.

RoadHammer
04-06-2010, 11:38 AM
W O W , you fit all that in there ???? You can buy a 10 pack of beer where you live ????? only a six or 12 or 15 or 18 or a flat of 24 here..... looking forward to the trip east. CURIOSITY ( what brand )
it started off as a 12 pack....

i think i remember coors light selling 10 packs of tallcans last year.

RoadHammer
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I got a 44lb bag of dog food in there once, but still can't put our two full face helmets in there.
44 lbs... yikes.. that must have been tight

SPYDERGUY1
04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
never tried the dog food thing, but have jammed 2- 24 flats of beverage cans in there, they sit kinda crooked but still made it home in one piece. was gunna try the 10 flat loaf of bread once but thought otherwise due to compaction and just tied the whole plastic flat to the back seat, bread survived unscathed to be put in freezer for a later date..., recently had cb , hardhat, safety glasses, personal glasses, coveralls and heavy winter jacket with old style lunch box from cleaning out work truck for spring... kinda crammed, had to firmly close trunk on that one.

SPYDERGUY1
04-07-2010, 09:42 PM
44 pounds of dog food ???? THINK that EXCEEDS the weight limit of front cargo space !!!!!!!