PDA

View Full Version : mud flap for RT rear

ARtraveler
03-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know of a good mudflap for the RT rear fender. I am amazed at how quickly the back end gets filthy. I used to have a lighted Yosemite Sam (back off) flap on my 84 Venture--but it looks like those are no longer available. Im not an E-Bay fan so I dont want to go there.

2Gunns
03-30-2010, 10:14 AM
A Question for those who already have the trailer (hopefully I'm getting the hitch installed next week)

The Hitch has a "mud flap" attached, have you seen any improvement in backwash with the hitch in place?

Lamonster
03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure if it's any better or not. :dontknow:

dave01
03-30-2010, 07:43 PM
A Question for those who already have the trailer (hopefully I'm getting the hitch installed next week)

The Hitch has a "mud flap" attached, have you seen any improvement in backwash with the hitch in place?

It does help some. You will want to trim an inch off the mudflap since it mounts so low it hits every speedbump and driveway you go up or over.

MarkLawson
03-31-2010, 07:29 AM
It does help some. You will want to trim an inch off the mudflap since it mounts so low it hits every speedbump and driveway you go up or over.

I thought about that, but decided not to trim it yet. I'd rather scrape than risk increasing the potential for rock impact damage to my trailer. I'll see how it wears. If I find I need to trim it, I'll only trim what gets beat up.