PDA

View Full Version : Lead Time on Delivery of New RT

jmcbow
03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Traded in the RS on Saturday morning, I have a new RT on order, Orbital Blue audio convenience package. I have to admit I had mixed emotions about turning over the keys for the RS, it was really a great ride. But I'm really looking forward to cruising the open road on the RT. I already have a couple of trips planned with friends.

So for those of you that have ordered and recieved your RT's, how long did you wait, generally speaking. I suppose geographical location does impact lead time, I live right on the Wisconsin/Illinois border, half way between Chicago and Milwaukee.

Thanks for your feedback.

new river
03-29-2010, 09:41 AM
ordered my rt a/c in december 09....still no cigar. i would like to know if any of the a/c's have been delivered. good luck

bikeguy
03-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I ordered a Silver RT (not RT A/C) on December 17 and all I've heard is dealer speculation about when it may be here. I would also like to know if any RT A/C's or RT's have been delivered.

Cotton

jmcbow
03-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Posted this same thread on Spydertalk, was informed that the RT a/c is out there in some of the dealer inventories. One individual stated that they had a freind who walked in and bought an RT a/c and rode it home the next day. I know the dealer I bought mine from had 4 RTS's in his inventory, but I wasn't shopping for the top of the line model, and the 3 of the 4 were SE5's which I also didn't want. So the RT's are out there.

Laura-NH
03-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I ordered a Silver RT (not RT A/C) on December 17 and all I've heard is dealer speculation about when it may be here. I would also like to know if any RT A/C's or RT's have been delivered.

Cotton

My dealer in Mass has a Silver base RT, they have had it for a couple of weeks. I think they also had a A/C model, which they sold.

I bought my Blue RT-S right off the floor. They had it the last week of February.

Bootie
03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
I ordered my RT-SM5 in September of '09. BRP Said it would be delivered by the end of March. Low-and-behold, they delivered five (5) 2010 models to the dealer in Corry, PA last week. I will be picking up mine on Tuesday 3/30:D
I think the demand is pretty high but BRP seems to be treating it's customers fairly.
Bruce

bikeguy
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I think the demand is pretty high but BRP seems to be treating it's customers fairly.
Bruce

I guess I have to disagree with that. I can't see where it's fair to have RT's for sale in some dealers' showrooms when they've had my $1,000.00 deposit for more than 3 months and haven't even told the dealer when I would get it, much less actually delivered it. I could understand if it was just the RTS's but, in my opinion, there's no excuse for having RT's for sale off dealers' floors before delivering to customers who have already put their money down.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm pretty frustrated right now and I don't know where else to do it but here.

Cotton

bikeguy
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
My dealer in Mass has a Silver base RT, they have had it for a couple of weeks. I think they also had a A/C model, which they sold.

I bought my Blue RT-S right off the floor. They had it the last week of February.

Thanks, Laura-NH, for that information. I guess when I get over being mad that they are selling them off the floor in some places before delivering those that have deposits placed on them, I'll be glad to hear that at least they have begun building base RT's and maybe mine will be here before too long. Thanks

Cotton

Barbwire
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I ordered an RT about 3 weeks ago and it cleared Customs Sunday and we are expecting it at the dealer today or tomorrow in Tennessee.

Sorry mine is an RT A/C Silver. The dealer has an automatic on the floor but I wanted the 5 speed.