PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good Noise Suppressor

vendit
03-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I recently installed a Jensen 910 radio and antenna. I have clear reception with key on but not running. As soon as I start my Spyder I get an engine ticking noise in my headset. I bought a cheap 20amp noise suppressor and wired it to the positive side of my Jensen Radio power. However, it didn't make any difference. The ticking noise is very annoying. Any suggestions on another noise suppressor that would eliminate this engine noise?

I tried unplugging antenna to see if the noise was either reduced or eliminated, but it was the same. I have also checked the position of my wires to make sure they are not near ignition or plugs.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

brutus450
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
you most likely have a ground issue. Try your ground wire at different points. Also make sure your gound has good contact on bare metal

NancysToy
03-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Also make sure that you do not have any speaker or power wires touching any ignition wires, or running parallel to them in close proximity.

vendit
03-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I ran the ground wire to my aux fuse box directly to ground which comes off the negative side of the battery. Would it make a difference if I grounded to the frame instead of the negative side which ultimately runs directly to the battery?

YPILOT
03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but check it out. This was mentioned on another thread recently. This link was the first one that I found, there are others I'm sure.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214

I recently installed a Jensen 910 radio and antenna. I have clear reception with key on but not running. As soon as I start my Spyder I get an engine ticking noise in my headset. I bought a cheap 20amp noise suppressor and wired it to the positive side of my Jensen Radio power. However, it didn't make any difference. The ticking noise is very annoying. Any suggestions on another noise suppressor that would eliminate this engine noise?

I tried unplugging antenna to see if the noise was either reduced or eliminated, but it was the same. I have also checked the position of my wires to make sure they are not near ignition or plugs.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike