PDA

View Full Version : What's That Knob For?

NewRider
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Folks...I'm stumped...under the seat of my SE5, there is a red knob, on the left side. It says "Pull/Tirer". I've been through the Owner's Manual three times, page by page...and cannot find a single mention or picture for it.

What is it for?:dontknow:

Roger
03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Do you have a sport rack and backrest on your bike.

jeuchler
03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Do you have a sport rack and backrest on your bike.

Yup.

That's the sportrack lid (or backrest) release.

If you do pull it, make sure you push it a l l the way back in when replacing the sportrack lid or backrest.

SpyderWolf
03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
As Roger posted, if you have the BRP Sport Rack installed this is the release lever to remove the top or the back rest depending on which one you are using at the time.

NewRider
03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks, everyone...I have a backrest for the passenger seat. Have to admit I'm puzzled that BRP doesn't mention that, in the owner's manual.:2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks, everyone...I have a backrest for the passenger seat. Have to admit I'm puzzled that BRP doesn't mention that, in the owner's manual.:2thumbs:
That's because it is not a stock part, it's a optional accessory.

SpyderWolf
03-28-2010, 03:37 PM
That's because it is not a stock part, it's a optional accessory.

A slightly expensive one at that. So, :congrats: if your Spyder came with that installed already.

NewRider
03-31-2010, 01:41 PM
A slightly expensive one at that. So, :congrats: if your Spyder came with that installed already.
As a matter of fact...it WAS already installed, when I purchased my SE5. There's no mention of it, on my invoice. Go figure...:dontknow:

Equally strange...I wanted a Millenium Yellow SE5...my dealer had to search the BRP dealer network. To our amazement...there were only THREE Yellow SE5s at dealers across the entire USA! :sour: In August 2009...:spyder:

I'm still cannot comprehend the dearth of Yellow SE5s...very odd.

Dukester
03-31-2010, 06:20 PM
There is a 2009 yellow one at Classic Harley Davidson dealer in Reading PA. for $14,999.00 with no warranty.

SpyderWolf
03-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Equally strange...I wanted a Millenium Yellow SE5...my dealer had to search the BRP dealer network. To our amazement...there were only THREE Yellow SE5s at dealers across the entire USA! :sour: In August 2009...:spyder:

I'm still cannot comprehend the dearth of Yellow SE5s...very odd.

I snatched one of those three up on September 9, 2009. :D

It is because everyone knows that yellow is the fastest, so they all wanted to get their hands on them first. :thumbup: