PDA

View Full Version : Juice Box installation

Yazz
03-27-2010, 06:06 PM
We are in the middle of putting in a Juice Box and can't find the front injector connector on the left side of the machine.

Anybody have a clue which connector it would be? There are a few on the left side.

Thanks!

Firefly
03-27-2010, 06:52 PM
We are in the middle of putting in a Juice Box and can't find the front injector connector on the left side of the machine.

Anybody have a clue which connector it would be? There are a few on the left side.

Thanks!

You have to remove the screw to the unit that says 'BOSCH' on it near the front throttle body--- the connector is right behind it...

bone crusher
03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah...that was by far the hardest one to get too...and to snap it in...argh! I didn't take out the air filter, so that complicated things as well...

Yazz
03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
You have to remove the screw to the unit that says 'BOSCH' on it near the front throttle body--- the connector is right behind it...

Thanks for the info. We have called it a night and will look for the 'BOSCH' later. Fresh eyes see more...

Arrgh! We went step by step following the Two Bros video. Its never as easy as it seems. :gaah:

Yazz
03-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah...that was by far the hardest one to get too...and to snap it in...argh! I didn't take out the air filter, so that complicated things as well...

Think we are going to tear down Spydee a little bit more...

Sometimes unbolting a few more things is easier than using chop-sticks and a screw driver.nojoke

j45p3r
03-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Think we are going to tear down Spydee a little bit more...

Sometimes unbolting a few more things is easier than using chop-sticks and a screw driver.nojoke
I did mine with the air box off (installed Kewlmetal intake at the same time) and it was very easy to get to both connectors.

Sopher
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
send me you email address via PM and I'll send you a much better install doc that I made myself.

Firefly
03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Unscrew this unit and you'll find the front connector hiding behind it...

Yazz
03-28-2010, 10:01 AM
send me you email address via PM and I'll send you a much better install doc that I made myself.

We don't have the skills to do much fabricating. If its an easy patch, with common supplies, we might be able to do it.

Yazz
03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Unscrew this unit and you'll find the front connector hiding behind it...

Ahhhsooo... (light turns on...) We were looking at that and saw a connection behind the green bosch. One of the issues for us is the connector behind it is the type without the wire lock on it like on the JB. It looks like the regular pinch-the-lever type connectors. The wires are in a different configuration too.

Will take of the bosch and get a better look at things.

Thanks!

Firefly
03-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Ahhhsooo... (light turns on...) We were looking at that and saw a connection behind the green bosch. One of the issues for us is the connector behind it is the type without the wire lock on it like on the JB. It looks like the regular pinch-the-lever type connectors. The wires are in a different configuration too.

Will take of the bosch and get a better look at things.

Thanks!

When you find the correct one, you'll know it--- looks just like the ones on the JB cable.

SpyderWolf
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Were you successful in getting it installed?

I am hoping you installed it and are out for a ryde now, which is why you haven't posted back yet. :D

Yazz
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Were you successful in getting it installed?

I am hoping you installed it and are out for a ryde now, which is why you haven't posted back yet. :D

No and yes...

Beautiful yesterday, Spydee 2/3's of the way through JB installation, frustration mounting. Hubbies friends wants to go for a ride and see the wildflowers. JB taken back out, reconnected everything, put skins back on. Wonderful ryde. Acres of yellow flowered pastureland and the roadsides sprinkled with all colors of wildflowers. Only on a byke can you smell all the flowers. Well worth putting Spydee back together.

Now Spydee is nekider than before. Took off the top panel trying to figure out how to get the air box out. (Don't have a maintenance manual yet. My VERY bad.) Found the bosch and now I'm trying to figure out if that screw holding it in is an Allen or a Torx. Can't see well enough to figure out the screw head type in Fireflyies pic either. (No offense meant, just my old eyes...)

Got a week to get this project done so I'll keep plugging away at it. Ya'll have been so much help. :2thumbs:

Yazz
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I found the connection!!:yes::yes::yes:

Was looking straight on at the bosch, looked from the rear forward at the bosch, but didn't from the at the forward looking back view.

Will be able to get at it because I have long slim fingers and slim hands. (Sometimes it pays to be of the femminine persuasion.):D

Yazz
03-29-2010, 12:43 PM
SCORE!!!:yes:

We have Juice Box:2excited:

Thank you all for the help. Would still be thinking the JB had the wrong connector. You people are the best.:bowdown:

Batmobile
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Just got home from work and was going to see if you needed help.
:2thumbs: Apparently not

Chris

Yazz
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Just got home from work and was going to see if you needed help.
:2thumbs: Apparently not

Chris

Oh man, you are just down the road from us. Have to keep that in mind next time I get in a fix.

Hope to get to meet you some time...

Yazz
03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
For those who have yet to put in a JB, here is where the Front Injector Connection on the left-side of the machine is. Its the plug with the green and red wires coming out of it, behind the green BOSCH.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=719&pictureid=8565

These are Cool Juice Box Tools. Would still be out there busting my knuckles without these guys...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=719&pictureid=8566

Good ryding to all, and to all a good night.:D

Batmobile
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Look forward to meeting you guys too. Hopefully we can make the next ride. With work it is hard to early on Saturdays.

Chris

SpyderWolf
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Glad to hear you had a great ryde, and were able to get the box installed as well. Those pliers are cool and I am going to need to look for a pair of them as well. My wife is also a very big help when it comes to reaching into the tighter spaces on the Spyder to get things done. :)

Yazz
03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Look forward to meeting you guys too. Hopefully we can make the next ride. With work it is hard to early on Saturdays.

Chris

Maybe me and Hubby, and a couple others could work around your schedule to get together.

Yazz
03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear you had a great ryde, and were able to get the box installed as well. Those pliers are cool and I am going to need to look for a pair of them as well. My wife is also a very big help when it comes to reaching into the tighter spaces on the Spyder to get things done. :)

Hubby got those cool tools during a frustrating time of the JB installation. One of those times when its best just to walk away. There are some tools you rarely use. But when you need them, nothing else will do.

Small hands with long fingers come in handy sometimes. Sometimes I need Hubbies hands because his fingers are stronger. Had him go through and make sure are the connections were snapped tight.

Tonight we are going to take Spydee on a shake-down cruise. Going to ryde in a parking lot and go over lots of speed bumps. Want to make sure everything is snug and nothing is going to wiggle loose.

Firefly
03-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Hubby got those cool tools during a frustrating time of the JB installation. One of those times when its best just to walk away. There are some tools you rarely use. But when you need them, nothing else will do.

Small hands with long fingers come in handy sometimes. Sometimes I need Hubbies hands because his fingers are stronger. Had him go through and make sure are the connections were snapped tight.

Tonight we are going to take Spydee on a shake-down cruise. Going to ryde in a parking lot and go over lots of speed bumps. Want to make sure everything is snug and nothing is going to wiggle loose.

Glad you managed to get it installed. I forgot how tight things were in there when you still have the honking big airbox installed...until I saw your photos.....

Another reason I don't miss that thing!

Yazz
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Glad you managed to get it installed. I forgot how tight things were in there when you still have the honking big airbox installed...until I saw your photos.....

Another reason I don't miss that thing!

Now don't go woo-ing me with another project. She is staying buttoned up until after Cuba, Missouri.

Thanks for walking me through this. Knowing people were behind me, making sure I knew what to look for made all the difference.:thumbup:

SpyderWolf
03-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Now don't go woo-ing me with another project. She is staying buttoned up until after Cuba, Missouri.

You are hooked now, it won't be long before the next mod project begins. :D

Firefly
03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Finally took some time this morning and changed my JB settings from the stock settings. Made a noticeable difference and I think I'm back to running about like I was when I had my fuel pressure cranked up to 63.

Can't remember what my settings are right now-- will log them and post later-- but I'm happy for now!:thumbup:

Still have some decel-popping but I'm 90% sure I have a bad Y gasket... guess I best order those soon!

boborgera
03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Still have some decel-popping but I'm 90% sure I have a bad Y gasket... guess I best order those soon!

I just changed my Y gaskets [11 thousand miles] Left side 75% gone, Right side 99% gone. A lot of fumes / noise no popping.
I used the Honda G/wing gaskets [18392-mam-000] $14.14w/tax

The best part is they had them in stock, no down time. :2thumbs:

Yazz
03-31-2010, 05:11 PM
You are hooked now, it won't be long before the next mod project begins. :D

You know me too well.:shocked:

Have already put on the Glo Ryders and spyderweb covering for the radiator. Then came the sway bar. Got the JB and bigger windshield on for the Cuba ryde. The fender tips and mudflap lights are going on before the Austin Rally in June.

And as everyone else here has said on more than one occasion, think that will do it for now.

Yazz
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Finally took some time this morning and changed my JB settings from the stock settings. Made a noticeable difference and I think I'm back to running about like I was when I had my fuel pressure cranked up to 63.

Can't remember what my settings are right now-- will log them and post later-- but I'm happy for now!:thumbup:

Glad you brought the settings up. Took her for a spin last night and there wasn't that big of a difference in preformance. Can't say for sure the backfiring is solved because I didn't get her that hotted up and there are no hills around here.

The JB is made by Two Bros and is programed for a Spyder with a Two Bros single or duel pipes (have TB duel pipes) and the stock air filter (have stock filter). So the way Spydee is running is the way they feel is the best for the engine?

The most interesting difference was when I came to a stop, (hand off throttle) it would take about 15 secs for the idle to come down to 1350 rpms. I assume that Spydee has a cable throttle system and this felt like the cables were a little sticky / needed to be adjusted. Didn't used to do that.

Is a higher being taking over yet another system on the tryke? Did I just invite in one of Nannies friends to live with us? Is Nannie learning how to sip from a juice box and let things settle in? Or is this normal?

j45p3r
03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Glad you brought the settings up. Took her for a spin last night and there wasn't that big of a difference in preformance. Can't say for sure the backfiring is solved because I didn't get her that hotted up and there are no hills around here.

The JB is made by Two Bros and is programed for a Spyder with a Two Bros single or duel pipes (have TB duel pipes) and the stock air filter (have stock filter). So the way Spydee is running is the way they feel is the best for the engine?

The most interesting difference was when I came to a stop, (hand off throttle) it would take about 15 secs for the idle to come down to 1350 rpms. I assume that Spydee has a cable throttle system and this felt like the cables were a little sticky / needed to be adjusted. Didn't used to do that.

Is a higher being taking over yet another system on the tryke? Did I just invite in one of Nannies friends to live with us? Is Nannie learning how to sip from a juice box and let things settle in? Or is this normal?
Mine also idles higher after having installed the JB.

Yazz
03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Mine also idles higher after having installed the JB.

Thanks for the confirmation. Wanted to state facts, not seat of the pants ryding. She does seem to idle faster and feels beefier at higher speeds (70 - 80 mph range.)

Does higher idling=richer fuel=cooler engine?

And do you think the original JB settings will keep the engine cooler at most rpm ranges with my configuration?

Firefly
03-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Mine doesn't idle any different than before.

Realize I have a different setup as I have the Evoluzione race air intake and custom cold-air intakes.. and then a Hindle.

Setting(mode) 1 affects nothing.
I have the following right now:

Mode 2: 3.5 (this setting is for gas under acceleration)
Mode 3: 4.0 (this setting is for gas under full throttle)
Mode 4: 3.0 (this setting is for gas under cruising)
Mode 5: 3.0 (this setting is for gas reaction sensitivity under acceleration)
Mode 6: 3.0 (this setting is for gas reaction sensitivity under full throttle)

Still playing with it a bit--- but it's pretty snappy right now-- curious to see how the MPG ends up... so far seems a bit better than when I had the fuel pressure cranked up.....

Yazz
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Was trying to figure out what the different modes were for. Thanks for clearing that up.

Going to leave the settings where they are for now. See if she runs the way I want here to. After the dust settles down from my busy schedule, will tweek the modes. Want to give that my full attention with no time deadlines.